Should the Video Ref be Scrapped?

Should the Video Ref be Axed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watching the Sunday Roast and Phil Gould is calling on the NRL to scrap the video ref altogether and bring back in goal refs. He says it is wrecking the game as it is all the fans ever talk about.

Do you agree?

stephen kelly

blue and white might
Reaction score
if they have in goal refs that will be just 2 more people 2 make mistakes.The standard of refereeing is pathetic.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if they have in goal refs that will be just 2 more people 2 make mistakes.The standard of refereeing is pathetic.
It wasnt too bad when they had them in the past. It will never be perfect, but I just think the video ref is making too many mistakes, so whats the point of them? They are too inconsistent on when they come in to rule on certain things. **** them off imo. I may have a different view if they cost the Dogs the GF!

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should of won that game the reff is Dumb, i am pissed because of what happened!!!

L

loui323

yes scrap the video ref, its doing the game no justice, i reckon the whole NRL has gone stale thay need a big shake up.

K

kennyy

Nah i reckon piss off the ref in the middle of the park. Take his authority off him and all his calls come from the video ref

K

kennyy

PS we wouldnt have "WON" that game if the bob cat try was scored. We COULD have won it, but our determination was half of what newcastles was, throw in the errors and incompleted sets and the fact we have no fit front rowers in our top 25 and it paints the picture. You create your own oppurtunities

btw i voted baza clicked too many options

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep the video ref, but make the guidelines simpler for them to make decisions. eg: replays must only be viewed in real time; benefit of the doubt goes to the defending team; forward passes can be ruled upon; offside players not involved in the play do not affect the decision to award a try.

C

cornerposter

Keep the video ref, but make the guidelines simpler for them to make decisions.
Agree
eg: replays must only be viewed in real time;
Once in slow mo - Once in real time
benefit of the doubt goes to the defending team;
Agree
forward passes can be ruled upon;
No way. Camera angles are not conclusive enough
offside players not involved in the play do not affect the decision to award a try.
This is not the Video Refs fault. He's just following the rules of the game.

Gould is a goose. The fact he calls for Vid refs to be abolished, means they should probably stay. All those people that call for their removal must have very short memories.

I've been watching RL for nearly 30 years now, and in that time the refereeing standards have always been "a shambles". The Refs will forever be under the pump when you have half the teams each week wanting to blame anyone but themselves for the loss.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

maybe they should get in the ear of the ref when they see something that the ref missed.

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
i think keep the video ref. BUT the onfield ref has to put more faith in the touch judges and not constantly go up and check with the video..
and GET RID OF REFS CALL!! b if the ref can't call it straigh away dont give it back to him

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
exactly like yesterdays roosters try. FFS he lost control of the ball yet still awarded BOTD. FFS its either a try or no try. FUK this BOTD

Starrdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Test last night ( Austraila V France ) ?
The ref did have the best night, made some 50/50 call for both sides but the way he used the video ref was the way I belive the vidoe ref was intented.
He asked for the guy's input the guy checked & gave his dission.
That's it one maybe two looks and a result. About a twenty second stopedge.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once again they ****ed up. Was it Warburton that had the try disallowed for obstruction? Can anyone that watched it on tele tell me the reason he gave?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again they ****ed up. Was it Warburton that had the try disallowed for obstruction? Can anyone that watched it on tele tell me the reason he gave?
Yeah it was and Kite did obstruct Luke unfortunately. He was running as a decoy but sort of ran over Luke and prevented him from making a play at Warburton.

But I agree, the video ref should be scrapped altogether and I have been saying this for years. I am fed up with it. Although tonight it wasn't a problem. Against the Roosters it was a huge problem and cost us dearly.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it was and Kite did obstruct Luke unfortunately. He was running as a decoy but sort of ran over Luke and prevented him from making a play at Warburton.

But I agree, the video ref should be scrapped altogether and I have been saying this for years. I am fed up with it. Although tonight it wasn't a problem. Against the Roosters it was a huge problem and cost us dearly.

Ahhh thanks.

It looked alright to me on the bigscreen, but I guess I am biased!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ahhh thanks.

It looked alright to me on the bigscreen, but I guess I am biased!
Haha, its always like that at teh footy on those screens and seeing it live. But when you see it on replay sometimes you see something totally different.

Don't woory, I have made a fool of myself this way many, many times before:D

Status
Not open for further replies.