Should Grimaldi be there ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
clearly someone new. OF COURSE grimaldi should be there without a question, he tackles his heart out every game.. and is among our most consistent.. he is highly respected amongst the fans in particular us on the kennel

the insider

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tanki said:
I just think grimaldi is to slow, its like we have one less player in attack, if the ball goes to mutias hands at lock he can brake da line as he has done before.. mutuia needs to be at lock and corey hughes or adam perry dropped for one of the younger players
yea i agree grimaldi does make 40 tackles but misses 10 and isn't a threat in attack were not in the eighties anymore players need attacking ability. our premire league back rowers have plenty of that. give them a go? kouparitsas was bought for his attack/ball playing ability and has showed plenty of consistency in the last few wks

Tanki

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yehh every1 is worked up bout defence... we need attackin spark which we have been lackin for da last couple of years

the insider

Waterboy
Reaction score
the lobster is finished he is dead wood in the team. i respect all he has done but he offers nothing. i have seen him on the traning paddock. the young guys like nate, koups, etc use him as a turnstile

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I believe the side would be better off over 80 mintues with either Reni or Sonny at Lock tbh

He tackles his heart out, i respect the guy for that. But Reni Maitua is a 80 mintues player who will do similar work in defence but provide ALOT more in attack, imo

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Grimaldi is an 80 min player he just gets rotated to give the side a lift and an attacking spark.

This is going to be the lobsters last season let him finish it where he belongs in the no.13 jersey!

Tanki

Waterboy
Reaction score
reni matua wuld be a gun lock....bring in the pups from premier league

riomhach

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What has Grimaldi done that is so wrong? Why do we have to move him around just because the team isn't performing as we would like? Don't make Grimaldi the scapegoat when our team NEEDS him. He is an 80 minute player and an 80 minute tackling machine!!!! Reni isn't up to that standard yet, he looses concentration easily.

Attack comes from DEFENCE, we will get flogged without good defence. Good solid hard defence breaks the opposition!!! See what I'm getting at...

Leave grimaldi where he is!!!!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I dont want to replace Grimaldi because his done something wrong or that im against him all of a sudden. But with the Reni attacks on the edges and his aggressive defencive nature. Id prefer to see him playing 80 mintues week in week out.

gibbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
grimaldi should start as hooker so our defence is tight the and our ball handling is good in the first 25 mins, then we should bring on an explosive player to play the next fifty minutes(roberts or Ngawani) while grimmers floats out to the right to play his current role, then he finishes last ten mins at hooker if the game is tight.

perry and hughes should be dropped

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Yea Grimaldi at hooker would be good. His very fit, wouldnt do any worse then Hughes and Perry

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Last time Grimaldi was at hooker was in 2003 and he made Corey Hughes look like Danny Buderus. It's either at lock or not in the side at all.

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
Jay Cee said:
yes

fullstop

end of story

and once he retires i belive Williams is an adequate replacement making way for the best 2nd row pack in the world

11. Mason
12. Ryan
13. Williams
11.Menzies
12.Watmough
13.Kennedy

1eyedfanatic

OnThePunt
Reaction score
Great read!...
.....Good thread!!

IMO - Grimmers is slow in attack...but....
...brilliant in Defence...
....Drop him/ Keep him ???...
..Dammed if you do dammed if you dont!!!...

....I think Folksey needs to fix other areas before looking at Grimmers...

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are bigger problems like the halves

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grimmers is a must, particularly in light of how we have been
defending this season. Holdsworth has seen 2 much of Barrett,..he doesnt
run at the line. Reni imo is a backrower......but who to wear 6?
dont laugh, but perhaps SBW?
We need a hooker and should bend over backwards 2 offer Luke Priddis
a 2 or 3 year deal. Our ruck game is shocking, Ogre and the rest of
the pack deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.