Shifty Dropped to Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
that is so weird...i honestli hope this works out....its a big move made by folkes

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Ummmm....i dont know what to say but Shift getting dropped is a major shock and not expected at all. Holdsworth and Maitua halves will NOT work as none of them really have a good kicking game although Holdsworth is decent. Interestring decision but i spose it could of been worse with Hughes at half back, anyways some of Folkes selections this year have been weird but well see how this turns out.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY ****!! i hope this move is for the better. and how did cutler return from injury so quickly?
well this week should be interesting. :grinning:

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is how the Canberra side will line up this week

NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP ROUND 5
RAIDERS v BULLDOGS
at Canberra Stadium, Sunday April 9

1 Clinton Schifcofske (c)
2 Adrian Purtell
3 Adam Mogg
4 David Howell
5 Craig Frawley
6 Jason Smith
7 Todd Carney
8 Michael Hodgson
9 Lincoln Withers
10 Troy Thompson
11 Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
12 Jason Croker
13 Alan Tongue

INTERCHANGE
14 William Zillman
15 Ben Jones
16 Andrew Lomu
17 Trevor Thurling
18 Dane Tilse

source: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=136522

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so we are all shocked we have figured that but maybe this is what Shifty wanted or needs at the moment to get him back to the Shifty of '04. Although we might not like the change im sure Folkes knows best and you never know Reni might pull a magical kicking game out of his a$$!

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
take it back! cmon on he makes one good kick in all this time and he is a genius? please dont scare me...
excuse me, what is the meaning of 40/20 king? :rolleyes:

we are going to get so much ball from 40/20's that canberra will deliberately let us get over the halfway line everytime we have the ball :p

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just hope Hughes doesn't switch to half. And yes I do remember Reni at no. 6 against the Roosters. He killed them. Sorry, but Sherwin has been ordinary. Full-strength backline could look like Patten Utai Williams Tonga El Masri Maitua Holdsworth. Forwards Grimaldi Ryan Mason Armit Hughes Asotasi Bench: O'Meley Myles Sherwin Czislowski. What do you think?

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
this better work out...even though its early i want us to stay in the 8,

farout and i thought canberra would struggle this week, but by the line-up i dont think they will...

hopefully maitua and holdsworth play great...

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Holdsworth has to step up, im sure Folkes would have spoken to Dj about this move and if he could handle the game play

looking forward to seeing just how DJ answers to this kind of pressure

23_EzA_23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even though I don't entirely agree with some of the changes, it's actually great to see Folkesy willing to change the line up and show that no one is safe from the axe. I'm shocked that Folkesy has made such cunning changes, he is usually quite conservative in this department.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually support this team

cant wait to see the new halves combo and a winger that knows how defend

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
this is a ****ing masterstroke.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
old school dog said:
Just hope Hughes doesn't switch to half. And yes I do remember Reni at no. 6 against the Roosters. He killed them. Sorry, but Sherwin has been ordinary. Full-strength backline could look like Patten Utai Williams Tonga El Masri Maitua Holdsworth. Forwards Grimaldi Ryan Mason Armit Hughes Asotasi Bench: O'Meley Myles Sherwin Czislowski. What do you think?
There is no point having Sherwin on the bench, u might as well drop him for good.

A

Abz

We Are Gone :( No Way We Could Win :nervous:

What was folkes thinking

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
mayeb we're just too predictable as a team....this could work.....or umm backfire!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What a fantastic decision, it shows that Folkes won't tolerate an up and down Sherwin early on. Let me remind you the last time this happened was in 2004 when Folkes went mad and dropped Utai to Premier League. I thought Folkes should of looked outside for a 5/8th, maybe thrown a youngster in there, Ngawini? Roberts? Cutler? I'm surprised Cutler was picked on the wing and not in a play making or utility role.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Habib said:
What a fantastic decision, it shows that Folkes won't tolerate an up and down Sherwin early on. Let me remind you the last time this happened was in 2004 when Folkes went mad and dropped Utai to Premier League. I thought Folkes should of looked outside for a 5/8th, maybe thrown a youngster in there, Ngawini? Roberts? Cutler? I'm surprised Cutler was picked on the wing and not in a play making or utility role.
Fantastic my arse! You watch how much trouble we'll have scoring, and how blatantly obvious our kicking game will be now!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
cljunior said:
Fantastic my arse! You watch how much trouble we'll have scoring, and how blatantly obvious our kicking game will be now!
I'd rather lose against Canberra knowing Folkes can make tough decisions, putting a $300,000 player in premier league is a big warning to everyone else. If you're not on your game, you'll be ousted.

T

TdoggBulldog

Wow..... folkseys really starting to wear the pants....

Lol maybe our PL team might win this week with shifty helping them score some points

I rekon its a good move by folksey... show the players to get up off there ass or there gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.