Sharks vs dogs trial

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I go for a second team and treat them seriously like a team i support. It somewhat helps but if trent barret and the coaching staff are still here by the end of this year, i guess i am a raiders supporter. And if we do sack baz and sign some experienced old head who has had multiple fallouts within the nrl business (flanagan, pay, green) i will throw all my shit out and sell it. So fucking over this rebuilding bullshit, this team is losing every it has as a fanbase recently and only relies on the past success which seems forever ago to help sustain relevance.
I support the Titans because of coach HOLBROOK.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 1 v Cowboys should be winnable
Round 2 v Broncos should be winnable
Round 3 v Eagle. Loss
Round 4 v Storm. Loss
Round 5 v Panthers. Loss
Round 6 v Bunnies. Loss
Round 7 v Broncos should be winnable
Round 8 v Roosters. Loss
Round 9 v Raiders. Loss
Round 10 v Knights. Should be winnable

So honestly. If Barret has not won 3 of the first 10. He needs to be axed.

I'll be suprised if we win more than 1 tbh lolll and people thought we were a chance of the 8. Hahahaha
What would piss me off royally is if we lose the first 2 games due to being underdone, yet play well and be competitive in the next 2 games and still lose but only to think that rnd 3 and 4 performances would have easily won the first 2 games...

Because that means we threw away 2 wins when we should have been ready.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What would piss me off royally is if we lose the first 2 games due to being underdone, yet play well and be competitive in the next 2 games and still lose but only to think that rnd 3 and 4 performances would have easily won the first 2 games...

Because that means we threw away 2 wins when we should have been ready.
we will be ready, take no notice of the trials. It was the first time fox, burto, TPJ, Naden and Averillo had played together. It will gel, im sure there will be plenty of opposed full contact this week and early next week.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Jac
3. Averillo
4. Schoupp
5. Naden
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
8. Jackson
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Hethrington
12. TPJ
13. Thompson

14. JMK
15. Patolo
16. Ava
17. King

The spine needs players who have the balls to swing their dick around, even if it doesn’t come off the way they hope, they try different things and take the game on. JMK and avo are not that. Cook and wakeham are. Not wakehams biggest fan but at least he has a go and his defence is good. This is our best bet

Jackson is a prop playing 13, just save everyone the headache of him not being able to pass a ball to save his life and put him where he belongs like Gallen in his later years.Thompson is more skilled (while he’s not the greatest passer either but hes More agile than JJ)

also, Naden proved he’s a hog, so now we’d have 2 centre’s who can give their wing decent ball
I dont mind this team.
But i would have BBO on the bench for Wakeham.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we will be ready, take no notice of the trials. It was the first time fox, burto, TPJ, Naden and Averillo had played together. It will gel, im sure there will be plenty of opposed full contact this week and early next week.
Fingers crossed.
Like i said in an earlier post.... we dont need wholesale changes to how we played these teams last year. We have better and more skillful players this time around. We just need to go into the game with the right intent, stick to the gameplan, strive for a good quality performance and remain disciplined. It should really be enough to win.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fingers crossed.
Like i said in an earlier post.... we dont need wholesale changes to how we played these teams last year. We have better and more skillful players this time around. We just need to go into the game with the right intent, stick to the gameplan, strive for a good quality performance and remain disciplined. It should really be enough to win.
100%, keep it simple in attack and win the ruck and defence. We have the attack to score from anywhere and cows are not good defensively.
no mistakes, no penalties and high completion with good end of sets from Burto.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rubbish. We are still not winning the field territory. We are better than last year but still not matching it with the opposition and its only Burtons boot that can get us out of trouble.

If you think Jake is the main problem in this team, you seriously have no idea at what makes a good team.
You seriously have no idea if you think Jake the rubbish collector belongs in first grade

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Naden was great in the centres he won’t be moved. I’d drop okunbor and play Declan Casey. Besides that there won’t be any surprises come round 1. Okunbor has to go he has made way too many errors and is a shit finisher who lacks speed

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Watching the game again. Think a lot of the tries we let in can be fixed. They were just poor attitude in defence. Maybe the desperation wasn’t there because it was a trial. But our left edge looks lethal. We do lack depth across the park so we can’t afford too many injuries or suspensions. We made too many errors which led to points. I’m still positive about the year. Was just shitty yesterday with how the score line blew out.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching the game again. Think a lot of the tries we let in can be fixed. They were just poor attitude in defence. Maybe the desperation wasn’t there because it was a trial. But our left edge looks lethal. We do lack depth across the park so we can’t afford too many injuries or suspensions. We made too many errors which led to points. I’m still positive about the year. Was just shitty yesterday with how the score line blew out.
Agree wasn't as bad once analyzed a second time. Some of those decisions from the ref were mind blowing directly leading to 3 Sharks trys.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Naden was great in the centres he won’t be moved. I’d drop okunbor and play Declan Casey. Besides that there won’t be any surprises come round 1. Okunbor has to go he has made way too many errors and is a shit finisher who lacks speed
Cant...Coach Tballz didnt add him to the 30. Its either Okunbor/Allen/Burns/Katoa for that wing spot.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. The Schoupp and Hetherington knock ons in yardage, Jackson's bad play the ball, TPJ's flop and Naden's high tackle all shifted momentum and are pretty fixable

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
please casey is a 1000-1 to play round one

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys have a look at the tries the sharks scored. We are not moving up in defense plain and simple. We gave them all the room they wanted. This is the problem, not our attack. We have plenty of tries in us if we can defend better. Our defense is very very poor and it's the defensive coaching that is the problem. Furner is a big problem and ultimately Barrett because he oversees this. Have a look at how much time Hynes had with the ball, if Hynes was on our team he would of been smothered by the opposing defense. We sit back in defense and then start sliding. It's SG ball stuff.
Yes true....but most of the problem is how flat we stand in attack and aren't in motion when we receive the ball. The good Cronulla try Hynes set up they were deep and the player getting the ball was in motion. We stand much flatter in attack and don't start moving till we receive the ball. Hynes and Finucane have bought the Melbourne attacking system...of every player in motion ...to the Sharks....who already had that system anyway...of standing deeper and receiving the pass in motion, so they are a good fit.
Also the Sharks go to ground when it's obvious forward momentum is stopped to achieve a quick play the ball....we stupidly stand up dancing on the spot, losing all forward momentum and allowing the opposition defence to set again. Sharks killed us all night in average metres per set because of this.
As I've said our problems are so numerous you could be mistaken for asking...Are we actually being coached at all? Or maybe it's a case of the Seibold experiment with the Broncos repeated....where the Broncos players had absolutely no idea wtf Seibold was trying to say. Is that Barrett's problem?...He's not getting his message across? If that's the case it's incumbent on Gould to step in. The Club expect no less.