Sharks vs dogs trial

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We also don't work effectively as a unit, as a result we're reacting slower, making decisions later and have players reacting differently to their teammate beside them. We saw it with I think Ronaldo's try. Jake was sliding, Burns came in and got caught flat footed and let his man get outside him and Okunbor was fucking running backwards with his back to the play LOL. It was all so stupid.
100% spot on, it's so shit, it's coaching.

I remember I went to watch Dragons vs Dogs at the SCG, not sure if it was 2010 or 2011 when Bennett was coaching dragons. At one stage I was close to the dragons defensive line, they were an army possessed. All could hear was all the screaming amongst each other about who they were tackling and moved up in a straight line and just belted us. Man that was a sight to see and hear. Coach needs to instill attitude in his team, gain the respect of the players and not pick duds like Okunbor who have no fire in the belly. I'm just so sick of us atm

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would 100% start over Roberts. Talau made the team last year and probably would've again if he wasn't injured and Jake was better than him when they were both here. Like I said the narrative here is ridiculous.
He wouldn’t start over Robert’s or Talau because they are both better footballers, he can’t tackle and his attack is pedestrian compared to the two you’ve mentioned. He certainly wouldn’t get a look in over their halves or full back. Reggie Jake he should be called.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He wouldn’t start over Robert’s or Talau because they are both better footballers, he can’t tackle and his attack is pedestrian compared to the two you’ve mentioned. He certainly wouldn’t get a look in over their halves or full back. Reggie Jake he should be called.
Bahahaha

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair Barrett is responsible for our halves issues by sticking with the stupid idea of splitting them. He would be much better telling Averillo and Burton to handcuff them selves to each other 24/7, home, training and game day. Let them build a combo working together and they will be much better. There were some positive signs of Burton/Averillo and they did not lose the game for us. Poor disipline and woeful defence did that as it has for 18 months.

We are poorly coached, and thats on Barrett.
You are right, there were some good signs with Burton and averilo. This was their first game together and we were in the game attacking at 12-6 when we should have got the penalty instead it goes shark and they score up the other end.
halves can’t do anything when the penalty count is 7-1 against.
they need time to gel in attack and defenc.
there are no other better options so we need to support it And stop fucking winging.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
100% spot on, it's so shit, it's coaching.

I remember I went to watch Dragons vs Dogs at the SCG, not sure if it was 2010 or 2011 when Bennett was coaching dragons. At one stage I was close to the dragons defensive line, they were an army possessed. All could hear was all the screaming amongst each other about who they were tackling and moved up in a straight line and just belted us. Man that was a sight to see and hear. Coach needs to instill attitude in his team, gain the respect of the players and not pick duds like Okunbor who have no fire in the belly. I'm just so sick of us atm
Yup it's a mindset and something that starts from the leaders at the club and it's something we sadly lack. Talent and skill doesn't really factor much in it...hard work, fitness, preparation and a sense of responsibility do though and it's what we should be aiming for.

Gus should organise a business trip to Liverpool, think the club needs to see the lengths Liverpool go to in striving for success and then have a long hard look at themselves. We literally have a throw in coach, that's like the equivalent of a scrum coach in league? We even had a neuroscience team come in for set piece training and even decide the order of our penalty takers LOL. I'm not saying we should be doing exactly that because money is obviously an issue...but surely there's way more the Dogs can be doing than we are now.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yup it's a mindset and something that starts from the leaders at the club and it's something we sadly lack. Talent and skill doesn't really factor much in it...hard work, fitness, preparation and a sense of responsibility do though and it's what we should be aiming for.

Gus should organise a business trip to Liverpool, think the club needs to see the lengths Liverpool go to in striving for success and then have a long hard look at themselves. We literally have a throw in coach, that's like the equivalent of a scrum coach in league? We even had a neuroscience team come in for set piece training and even decide the order of our penalty takers LOL. I'm not saying we should be doing exactly that because money is obviously an issue...but surely there's way more the Dogs can be doing than we are now.
We worry too much about image bullshit and marketing while on the inside we're nothing like what we market. It's like we've just gone all out to buy players quickly and hired Gus and expect everything to magically appear. It doesn't work like that.

Ok, it was just a trial I get it, but I saw the exact same thing as what we did last year. If there was like a 10-15% different approach to the game and least I can say "Yeah, we worked on something during the off season" but it was exactly the same. I bet you round 1 won't be any different.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jake the shit **** Averillo is the problem .. last year we all sat there making excuses about no go forward and how we didn’t have the forwards to lay the platform but he can’t hide behind that anymore. ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We worry too much about image bullshit and marketing while on the inside we're nothing like what we market. It's like we've just gone all out to buy players quickly and hired Gus and expect everything to magically appear. It doesn't work like that.

Ok, it was just a trial I get it, but I saw the exact same thing as what we did last year. If there was like a 10-15% different approach to the game and least I can say "Yeah, we worked on something during the off season" but it was exactly the same. I bet you round 1 won't be any different.
I'm prepared to say we don't win a game all year if we don't pickup something against the Cowboys and Broncos and I'll probably be really close to checking out at that stage, same would probably go for other fans. Club is going to lose us at this rate.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm prepared to say we don't win a game all year if we don't pickup something against the Cowboys and Broncos and I'll probably be really close to checking out at that stage, same would probably go for other fans. Club is going to lose us at this rate.
Rounds 1 and 2 ARE our season. We lose them. Shut up shop for 2022

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What's the earliest a coach has ever been sacked? I'd sack Baz if we don't win at least one of those games

Malla

Reaction score
Round 1 is a must win.
Round 2 and 3 are losses, unless we pull a rabbit out of our asses.
Round 4 is also a must win.

If we are 2 from 4 in the first 4 rounds, Baz will have a stupid amount of pressure on him and rightly so. You have had a full off season to prepare and you come up with the same errors and mistakes these flops were making last year.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's the earliest a coach has ever been sacked? I'd sack Baz if we don't win at least one of those games
It won’t happen but sacking a coach in Round 2 would be the funniest shit ever

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are right, there were some good signs with Burton and averilo. This was their first game together and we were in the game attacking at 12-6 when we should have got the penalty instead it goes shark and they score up the other end.
halves can’t do anything when the penalty count is 7-1 against.
they need time to gel in attack and defenc.
there are no other better options so we need to support it And stop fucking winging.
The penalty count was shit and hurts us momentum wise but we contributed to that. Most of my Averillo shade I throw is for Marleys blood pressure fun, but I still believe he is out of position even though he is the best available option at the moment. My biggest gripe is the lack of grit and determination showed by a team that for so long has been embarrassing. We just looked messy and dropped our heads pretty quickly.

Barrett appears oblivious to the importance of defence which is strange considering he worked at the Panthers with Ciraldo and Cleary. Our attack will sort it self out once we have some space and time provided by our defence and Burtons big left boot. But the coach is an anchor.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who says they are not worried because its a trial is a dead set liar and a flog.

I am worried because we lost the game on the back of stupid errors and mistakes first grade players shouldn't be making.
That’s it mate. Both teams rock up and are aiming to execute their plan to win. No team rocks up to lose. We tried to win and we didn’t, simple.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Round 1 is a must win.
Round 2 and 3 are losses, unless we pull a rabbit out of our asses.
Round 4 is also a must win.

If we are 2 from 4 in the first 4 rounds, Baz will have a stupid amount of pressure on him and rightly so. You have had a full off season to prepare and you come up with the same errors and mistakes these flops were making last year.
Round 1 v Cowboys should be winnable
Round 2 v Broncos should be winnable
Round 3 v Eagle. Loss
Round 4 v Storm. Loss
Round 5 v Panthers. Loss
Round 6 v Bunnies. Loss
Round 7 v Broncos should be winnable
Round 8 v Roosters. Loss
Round 9 v Raiders. Loss
Round 10 v Knights. Should be winnable

So honestly. If Barret has not won 3 of the first 10. He needs to be axed.

I'll be suprised if we win more than 1 tbh lolll and people thought we were a chance of the 8. Hahahaha

Malla

Reaction score
That’s it mate. Both teams rock up and are aiming to execute their plan to win. No team rocks up to lose. We tried to win and we didn’t, simple.
Exactly. None of this rubbish about building combinations and letting them gel together and all that shit. We played the trial to win and got fucking sacked.

Malla

Reaction score
Round 1 v Cowboys should be winnable
Round 2 v Broncos should be winnable
Round 3 v Eagle. Loss
Round 4 v Storm. Loss
Round 5 v Panthers. Loss
Round 6 v Bunnies. Loss
Round 7 v Broncos should be winnable
Round 8 v Roosters. Loss
Round 9 v Raiders. Loss
Round 10 v Knights. Should be winnable

So honestly. If Barret has not won 3 of the first 10. He needs to be axed
Got confused with round 2 and 4.
Agree with all the above

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Jac
3. Averillo
4. Schoupp
5. Naden
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
8. Jackson
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Hethrington
12. TPJ
13. Thompson

14. JMK
15. Patolo
16. Ava
17. King

The spine needs players who have the balls to swing their dick around, even if it doesn’t come off the way they hope, they try different things and take the game on. JMK and avo are not that. Cook and wakeham are. Not wakehams biggest fan but at least he has a go and his defence is good. This is our best bet

Jackson is a prop playing 13, just save everyone the headache of him not being able to pass a ball to save his life and put him where he belongs like Gallen in his later years.Thompson is more skilled (while he’s not the greatest passer either but hes More agile than JJ)

also, Naden proved he’s a hog, so now we’d have 2 centre’s who can give their wing decent ball

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Averillo
4. Allen/Naden
5. Naden/Allen
6. Burton
7. Jesus... Wakeham/Flang
8. TPJ
9. Cook