Sharks vs dogs trial

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The modern game needs a left and right side half. There is no place for the old game set up with the 7 being the dominant half.
The game has evolved. Burton will be the dominant player whichever side he plays on.
thats rubbish, cleary plays both sides so does DCE, the good halves can do it.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty
Allan
Shoupp
Naden
Ado carr
Burton
Averillo
Thompson
Jmk
Vaughan
Hethrington
Tpj
Jacko

BBO
King
Patolo
Ava

Happy for RFM to come back into the second row pushing tpj into the middle when he is fit

I think that will be it or very close to it for round one

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need the spark at dummy half not just the occasional dart JMK offers, Cook should be selected at 9 he looked the goods !
If I am to select a team on performances for round 1 now including the returning 4 players
1 Dufty
2 Casey
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Averillo.............only because the other three didn't set the world on fire
8 Pangai jnr........better suited
9 Cook
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington
12 Jackson............to defend to lead
13 King..................to provide the second faze in attack

14 JMK
15 Suemanufagai
16 Patolo
17 Thompson

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want a funny stat? Last season Jake forced as many dropouts as Adam Reynolds, had 3 less kick errors, kicked the ball dead 4 less times and had 12 less attacking kicks.
Stats can be deceiving though, otherwise Aiden Tolman would have been Dally M prop of the year for the last decade !

It was miles apart the influence Reynolds had on his team compared to Averillo

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you had said "that they want to keep" then maybe you would get a pass but you didn't, so you don't.

FWIW we tried real hard to get Johnson and got gazumped by the Warriors, are you suggesting that Gould was making a mistake chasing Johnson and we should have chased Hynes instead?

I'm OK with Hynes at 5/8, but 1/2 I just don't see it in him. Guess we will find out as the season progresses.

Always a Bulldog
Hynes is a better fullback.

The Sharks attack is going to be too lateral with Moylan and Hynes crabbing across field

SJ was leading the league in try assists and has a better kicking game than Hynes so that is a big loss for the Sharks.

I’m not high on the sharks like a lot of people especially with a rookie coach and loss of experienced players

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hynes is a better fullback.

The Sharks attack is going to be too lateral with Moylan and Hynes crabbing across field

SJ was leading the league in try assists and has a better kicking game than Hynes so that is a big loss for the Sharks.

I’m not high on the sharks like a lot of people especially with a rookie coach and loss of experienced players
On paper the sharkies have a lot of experience - Finucane Tolman Graham Mcinnes - all good players particularly defensively and work load wise - but do they lack the attacking ability needed. Add that to the crab like style of Moylan and Hynes Fifita - maybe Fitzgibbon will do an mazing job with their attack - defensivley i think they look good.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s already too much pressure on Burton to be the organiser and primary playmaker and kicker. Barrett needs to find him the perfect 7 to take a bit of pressure off him. He can’t do it all on his own. Burton is probably one of the best players we will see in a bulldogs jersey. The last thing we want to do is turn him off the place cause he has no support.
Mate the perfect 7 would be brilliant but highly unlikely, & not absolutely necessary.
What we need is someone who makes their tackles, can run occasionally to keep the defenders thinking it could happen & be a potentially viable kick option so the opposition can’t just load up on Burton at the end of sets knowing he is the only option.
If we have a 7 with those attributes it will allow Burton to grow & hopefully flourish at 6 in first grade…if not, then it will be a bloody tough year for Burto carrying the side..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need the spark at dummy half not just the occasional dart JMK offers, Cook should be selected at 9 he looked the goods !
If I am to select a team on performances for round 1 now including the returning 4 players
1 Dufty
2 Casey
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Averillo.............only because the other three didn't set the world on fire
9 Cook
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington

14 JMK
15 Suemanufagai
16 Patolo
17 Thompson
I like this line up except I would swap King and Thompson

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On paper the sharkies have a lot of experience - Finucane Tolman Graham Mcinnes - all good players particularly defensively and work load wise - but do they lack the attacking ability needed. Add that to the crab like style of Moylan and Hynes Fifita - maybe Fitzgibbon will do an mazing job with their attack - defensivley i think they look good.
I agree. I think both Finucane & McInnes will hold the others to a standard not seen there for a few seasons. Their attack may be a WIP, but they should be fairly stout in defence….or at least as good as you can be without the ball under the 6 again rule…..

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lumelume and Allan are unavailable so don't neck up just yet Moe?! Hopefully a change for Rd 1 unless he turns around the first game form, though not a LOT of options really..
We had a very good(albeit very pricey)winger "nah dont need the ****" was the cry all of a sudden its a big problem.. #missyouNic :tongueclosed:
Is Lumelume even top 30 though?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lumelume and Allan are unavailable so don't neck up just yet Moe?! Hopefully a change for Rd 1 unless he turns around the first game form, though not a LOT of options really..
We had a very good(albeit very pricey)winger "nah dont need the ****" was the cry all of a sudden its a big problem.. #missyouNic :tongueclosed:
Cotric had 2 runs for 16 metres in the trial last night. Sure he's infinitely better than Okunbur, anyone is. But letting go of Cotric isn't worth losing any sleep over.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The **** has to have dirt on Baz man. No way in fucking hell do they not see how useless he is. They continually overlook his terrible hands and positional play because of a couple of decent hitups? Surely not.
The hopeless positional play is really something that can't be looked past. All the athleticism and stuff aside, and even accepting a few dropped balls a game, his positional play is the worst in the NRL and screams really loudly that he just doesn't get the game.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Our game Monday night is now at 6pm because the Warriors vs Titans game has been postponed from today until Monday 8pm

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Dufty
2 Casey
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
9 Cook
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington

14 JMK
15 Suemanufagai
16 Patolo
17 Thompson
sounds about right but maybe BBO as 14 instead of JMK.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Sharks-Bulldogs game will now be played at 6pm (AEDT) on Monday night to be followed by the Warriors and Titans at 8pm (AEDT).