Sharks field 14th player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is it just me or did it feel like the ref. was like a 14th player for the sharks! FFS he was terrible in the 2nd half. No penalty given when Noddy was taken out after he put a kick in I thought they were cracking down on players charging kickers. The Goodwin try when the ball was knocked out of Roberts hands went back & Goodwin picked it up & scored. Then the 2nd time Goodwin went over & it was called a forward pass, now i was over the other side of the field but it looked like a line ball to me on the replay. There was also an incident close to my side of the field where Stagg I think it was copped a forearm to the back as he was falling to the ground.

This to name a few, does any one know the penalty count for the 2nd half cause it was shocking. The ref copped a real blasting when he walked back through the tunnel, I could only imagine how bad it would have been if we lost.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh the refs were s*** alrite. My mum was at home watching and the commentaters were even commenting on how crap a few decisions were. Wat about the stupid f****** touch judge smiling at us when we went off at him haha wat a d***

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
That 2nd half was an absolute carve up by the refs, what a joke.

Noddy got taken out in the air, millard got penalised for protecting el masri while he jumped for the ball, that ryan pass was not forward at all, covell should have been binned for tripping or a penalty try, roberts try should have been referred to the video ref, high shot by douglas on BK that should have been reported and gallen having a go at millard during a tackle.

I mean 4 penalties to sharks in like 3mins of the 2nd half. We made a few errors that didnt help but those refs (and that touchie!) should get a dressing down.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score

The touch judges played there part TBH

on both sides... ******

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the last couple games the refs have been shocking... the penalty on Millard when Covell bundled him over was crap and it led to one of the Sharks tries

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
BAH,
it was AWFULL!!!!!!!!!!
umm this doesnt really have much to do with this, but was anyone there before the game began & see the birthday announcements?
my name was sposed to be there, but we were so late we missed it :(:(:(:(:(:(

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
BAH,
it was AWFULL!!!!!!!!!!
umm this doesnt really have much to do with this, but was anyone there before the game began & see the birthday announcements?
my name was sposed to be there, but we were so late we missed it :(:(:(:(:(:(
Are you Frank?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
sharks field 14/15 players but our points get deducted for only having 12 jumpers on our 13 players

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 2nd half was an absolute carve up by the refs, what a joke.

Noddy got taken out in the air, millard got penalised for protecting el masri while he jumped for the ball, that ryan pass was not forward at all, covell should have been binned for tripping or a penalty try, roberts try should have been referred to the video ref, high shot by douglas on BK that should have been reported and gallen having a go at millard during a tackle.

I mean 4 penalties to sharks in like 3mins of the 2nd half. We made a few errors that didnt help but those refs (and that touchie!) should get a dressing down.
No need, because it ended up as a try anyway.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love how theres nothing in the media about the bad reffing.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love how theres nothing in the media about the bad reffing.
The ABC Radio call of the game said that the Bulldogs would have been robbed by refereeing mistakes had they lost the game. They reckon that the two disallowed tries were genuine tries, and that the penalty count was out of proportion to the game.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL are happy to regularlry field a "14th payer" against the Bulldogs over the years.

The best example is the Bill Harrigan era.
Is a coincidence that in Billy Harrigan's time as the leading ref, the Bulldogs won 0 premierships?

We also allegedly had a 25-30% win ratio with him reffing us, way out of proportion to ALL other refs of the time.

The year he hung up his whistle, we won the comp in 2004.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

The touch judges played there part TBH

on both sides... ******
agreed...but we gave it to the touchie in the kennel rofl was pretty funny...but the refs were pathetic how those calls were made tbh...whats the point of having the video ref if he aint gonna be used..but all that matters is that we got the 2 points

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were shocking...it hurt to watch it seriously, but hey we won! so the refs can stick it...how 2 refs are making these mistakes still is appalling...use the video referee if ur not sure, people wont bag u out

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i loved it when the crowd started yelling ref is a ******, my young bloke looked at me, wanting to join is.
what could i do,, go ahead son, the ref is a ******

Status
Not open for further replies.