Opinion Schoupp

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the consensus on this bloke? Does he get a run next year?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Physically and in attack definately looks like he is ready.
Not so sure about defense and mental application

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately not having a Canterbury Cup competition this year , these young guys like Schoupp, Averillo, Wakeham, Topine, Doorey etc have basically lost a year of development and in Schoupps case he didn't play a game since the pre season trials. I think he has the potential but it would have been good to see him get a year of Canterbury Cup under his belt so that the step up to first grade isn't as big.

Likewise for Averillo I think even though he looked great in patches, it would have done him the world of good to go back to Canterbury Cup for a couple of stints to work on specific aspects of his game. If he had that I'm sure his development would be further down the track than it is

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately not having a Canterbury Cup competition this year , these young guys like Schoupp, Averillo, Wakeham, Topine, Doorey etc have basically lost a year of development and in Schoupps case he didn't play a game since the pre season trials. I think he has the potential but it would have been good to see him get a year of Canterbury Cup under his belt so that the step up to first grade isn't as big.

Likewise for Averillo I think even though he looked great in patches, it would have done him the world of good to go back to Canterbury Cup for a couple of stints to work on specific aspects of his game. If he had that I'm sure his development would be further down the track than it is
this is all true, Fortunately all clubs are in the same position regarding 2nd grade

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yer he needs to play 2021 In Canterbury cup you got to remember he only just turned 19 he has only played against 1st graders in the 2 trials at the start of the year and hasn't played any senior footy other then that I was at the port trial he was solid but needs to spend time in Canterbury cup to develop against fully developed athletes rather then kids from the 20s imo

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's a small consolation to my mind that while some of our youngsters missed a year of experience and transitions to a higher level of physicality, that happened throughout the competition. So as long as Schoupp and our other youngsters have been working on muscle development and doing skill drills frequently they're hopefully not too disadvantaged compared to other youngsters.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lets hope we ship dwz and okunbor not Reimis

4.Cotric
5.Reimis / Schouup come in mid year

3x 98kg Fast Runners on right side
Bruh... have you watched any doggies games?

Okunbor is faster and stronger than reimis.

reimis is not a strong player, he gets belted and put on his back almost every time.. cmon man. Okunbor actually finds his front and ca

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bruh... have you watched any doggies games?

Okunbor is faster and stronger than reimis.

reimis is not a strong player, he gets belted and put on his back almost every time.. cmon man. Okunbor actually finds his front and ca
I agree, I think okonbor can be a weapon out on the wing but sometimes I feel like he is a soft cat, he needs to find that aggression in his game and hopefully he keeps improving on his catching because he was mr butterfingers.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree, I think okonbor can be a weapon out on the wing but sometimes I feel like he is a soft cat, he needs to find that aggression in his game and hopefully he keeps improving on his catching because he was mr butterfingers.
I agree. Was talking to one his junior coaches last night. He raised a interesting point. Why not teach him how to play in the back row. He has the size. And his pace and power for a back rower make him special. Reduces also his need to catch pressure kicks? His point not mine but very valid I thought!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Baz should see that and fix it. OK could be Eric Grothe Snr like if he found some consistent mongrel.

Reactions: ATT

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Was talking to one his junior coaches last night. He raised a interesting point. Why not teach him how to play in the back row. He has the size. And his pace and power for a back rower make him special. Reduces also his need to catch pressure kicks? His point not mine but very valid I thought!
Probably because he's too soft!
Id rather him trained up in the back row because he's definitely not a winger.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was a backrower then randomly filled in at wing one game then just stayed there.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He should be the long term left centre option. It seems Alomati has stayed also so competition for a centre spot will be high when Hoppa is replaced.

Also re Okunbur if we sign a Topline 80 minute hooker then Jayden could easily be our 14. We cover backs and forwards injuries easily and he's a hard running point of difference. Couple that with comping off an ACL easing him back in like that would be ideal

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched a lower grade game on TV a couple of years ago where Okunbor looked like an absolute superstar when he played in the backrow... Everytime the ball went to okunbor, something would happen...he'd either make a line break or set up a try... I think the game was against the dragons... All the hype was around Tristan Sailor but Okunbor stole the show.