Opinion Schoupp

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If I was Baz I would tell Okunbor to cut his hair. I'd tell him he needs to put the the energy and effort that he puts into his hairdo into being a better football player! He can either look good or play good on the football field. Otherwise he can look at reggae or male modelling for a career.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's the consensus on this bloke? Does he get a run next year?
he was in the bubble, he was a ball boy for the team this year with topine during covid.
both players are hoping to be in the top30, he is a massive unit, physically readt NRL. Topine still has some growing to do

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was Baz I would tell Okunbor to cut his hair. I'd tell him he needs to put the the energy and effort that he puts into his hairdo into being a better football player! He can either look good or play good on the football field. Otherwise he can look at reggae or male modelling for a career.
I think about this a fair bit, like surely it's a distraction..?

Reactions: GDR

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How old are you? 90?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately not having a Canterbury Cup competition this year , these young guys like Schoupp, Averillo, Wakeham, Topine, Doorey etc have basically lost a year of development and in Schoupps case he didn't play a game since the pre season trials. I think he has the potential but it would have been good to see him get a year of Canterbury Cup under his belt so that the step up to first grade isn't as big.

Likewise for Averillo I think even though he looked great in patches, it would have done him the world of good to go back to Canterbury Cup for a couple of stints to work on specific aspects of his game. If he had that I'm sure his development would be further down the track than it is
Totally agree.. they need to play first. Hopefully reserve grade is up and going next year

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You sound like Mr.Burns when he tells Don Mattingly to cut his sideburns.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really hope this kid, doorey, bbo and even topine can be part of nrl team next year. I understand we need to buy players in some positions but if we can promote players from junior/lower grades, they are like gold.

I understand what some ppl are saying abt lack of lower grade games this year affecting their progress but thats the same for other clubs and i bet next season some clubs will blood in new players and they would look ok.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really hope this kid, doorey, bbo and even topine can be part of nrl team next year. I understand we need to buy players in some positions but if we can promote players from junior/lower grades, they are like gold.

I understand what some ppl are saying abt lack of lower grade games this year affecting their progress but thats the same for other clubs and i bet next season some clubs will blood in new players and they would look ok.
as long as the players we blood have class and are not at the standard of Holland and Marcelo moytona.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We made big efforts to get him from Illawarra as a teen.
He's nearly lieutenant Cotric's age. He needs to be used otherwise what's the point of buying him and chasing him so hard. What would be the point of clearing out all the centres we had.
If he doesn't get a squad spot it wouldn't make sense.
He was the Aussie schoolboy centre.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a small consolation to my mind that while some of our youngsters missed a year of experience and transitions to a higher level of physicality, that happened throughout the competition. So as long as Schoupp and our other youngsters have been working on muscle development and doing skill drills frequently they're hopefully not too disadvantaged compared to other youngsters.
This is an important factor. If they have the skills etc then they wouldn't have lost it. They would have been training at least, so its not as if they would have stopped growing. They may have developed more then we all expected over this period. Fingers crossed.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dreads take zero energy, what are you even talking about. Baz like characters, and this is part of his. I wish Toomaga kept his too. It would make no difference whatsoever to his football ability if he cut his hair. What a joke.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dreads take zero energy, what are you even talking about. Baz like characters, and this is part of his. I wish Toomaga kept his too. It would make no difference whatsoever to his football ability if he cut his hair. What a joke.
As long as they're not impeding his vision you are absolutely correct.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You bald?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone said Okenbor is faster than Reimis somewhere I read whilst in the sun bin.
I threw my Diet Coke out the window when I read that because that's very wrong.
Even beat my meat as part of some twisted association of anger and sexual pain.

there's this thing that's crept into the kennel this year that's made people thin Reimis is slow.
He's clearly lightning, it used to be well known here.
I'm talking amongst the top 10 in the nrl.
I'm shocked that's not recognised here.
See a couple of years back.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Someone said Okenbor is faster than Reimis somewhere I read whilst in the sun bin.
I threw my Diet Coke out the window when I read that because that's very wrong.
Even beat my meat as part of some twisted association of anger and sexual pain.

there's this thing that's crept into the kennel this year that's made people thin Reimis is slow.
He's clearly lightning, it used to be well known here.
I'm talking amongst the top 10 in the nrl.
I'm shocked that's not recognised here.
See a couple of years back.
May be quick on his feet but definitely not between his ears.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as they're not impeding his vision you are absolutely correct.
Hence he ties it back. Its fantastic to have another cult player to talk about like Mason with his afro! Its great exposure for the club, and with his hairdo he is even more recognisable to kids who follow the bulldogs. I hope he never cuts them.