Schoupp not much chop

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha come on mate. Out of all the players you could choose to pot you choose the teenage 2nd gamer who held his own.
If you watch closely some of his reads in defence where he rushed in and took no one were really concerning. I’m talking about the times when panthers created the overlap for Staines to score untouched

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If you watch closely some of his reads in defence where he rushed in and took no one were really concerning. I’m talking about the times when panthers created the overlap for Staines to score untouched
Not disputing that he didn’t make any wrong calls defensively, but he’s young and is playing in the worst defensive team in the comp, up against the best attacking team in the comp. Tough ask. He’s learning and I reckon he’s got the right attributes and attitude to be a very good asset for us going forward.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Not disputing that he didn’t make any wrong calls defensively, but he’s young and is playing in the worst defensive team in the comp, up against the best attacking team in the comp. Tough ask. He’s learning and I reckon he’s got the right attributes and attitude to be a very good asset for us going forward.
Hes a "natural" centre, those reads were piss poor lazy and thats not a good attribute.
Hes got every reason to perform at his best whilst the team is in build mode.
Look hes aggresive and i like that but he lacks alot.. hope he improves.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I though Schoupp played well today. Up against the hottest side in the NRL, and playing for a losing team with a losing attitude, he scored our only points.

Shame the intellectually challenged mouth breathers in the crowd thought his first try deserved to be booed, while they applauded their own head hunting thug when he went off for his cowardly attack on a player on the ground. But that's what to expect at a Penrith home game

Last edited:

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Underwhelming for me.
He’s only a kid, but don’t get the fascination many have in him either. It makes me laugh when we have so many also pointing to him and Alamoti being our centres. You can blood kids when it’s a strong squad but most our promising kids will be slaughtered coming into this side. We need experience so badly. Bad he’ll bent on this no quick fixes and for me it will be his undoing. Hoping young Schoup can bring something though, just don’t see it yet.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has ability with the ball, hard to tackle n some spark decision making in defence has been poor in nsw cup and today.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought he went ok today. Improved on last week

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lazy and bad decision making. Evident throughout the whole match.
Lazy.. how so? Ball never really got to the left edge in attack until DWZ was moved to the wing. Wakeham was the real issue...

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d say the same thing to him I say to my own kids. Find a way to impact the game (positively, DWZ listening), young and 2nd game is not excuse to go through the motions. Compete hard and make a difference.
Again, not to slaughter the kid but don’t see what he brings.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks keen, and has legs like tree trunks. Good post contact metres and more.metres is what we need.