Schoupp not much chop

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we factor in that he still qualifies for Flegg?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you watch closely some of his reads in defence where he rushed in and took no one were really concerning. I’m talking about the times when panthers created the overlap for Staines to score untouched
He’s only a kid he will learn from that,against a team,that’s red hot favourites to win the comp,he made mistakes,but I’m sure he’ll learn,they put 50+on south’s last week and posted big scores on better teams than us.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hardly went out of his way to look for it
14 runs for 123m isn't to bad when he's not getting clean ball. To early to write the kid off, he's got a bit of mongrel in him I think, would be a great CTW paring with Addo-Carr imo

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s only a kid he will learn from that,against a team,that’s red hot favourites to win the comp,he made mistakes,but I’m sure he’ll learn,they put 50+on south’s last week and posted big scores on better teams than us.
I agree. I’m not rubbishing the kid, just stating that he has obvious flaws in his game at the moment. That was in response to the posters making it out like he played like Inglis.

I really hope he does come good, we need some shining lights after the last few years

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't get the hate on the kid atm. We are by far and away the worst team in the competition and he's playing much better than some of our passengers (Hopa). Judge him when we actually have decent troops next year

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also agree potting him already is unfair, will say though the peeps pencilling him in as long term and possible gun centre for us for years are maybe a bit premature too.
Lad is a work in progress definitely has some of the right attributes(i liked the aggression too)that appeal needs developing "on the job" which he should get for the rest of the year form permitting.D needs a fair bit of work too "grabby", tough centres defend well.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BIG call that, hope your right i haven't seen any Best like traits yet though he is very new....you do know the other problem don't you?
This forum!! a few decent fucks up and he will get lots of hate.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BIG call that, hope your right i haven't seen any Best like traits yet though he is very new....you do know the other problem don't you?
This forum!! a few decent fucks up and he will get lots of hate.
Mate lucky we don’t have Latrell, just imagine some of the comments after some of his brain explosions lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Underwhelming for me.
I know this forum is about opinions but I don’t agree on this one.

He’s prepared to make strong carries, defends extremely well and as we saw in his1st NRL try, runs a good line.

I like him, I think he’s genuinely our future centre and the role is perfect for his skill set and what we need. Schoupp and Topine have been a breath of fresh air in an experimental year for the club.