Scariest thing.... =O

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What I think will be scary is Tony Williams. It seems like he got some surgery in the offseason (it might excuse his indifferent form in 2013). I know I have defended him in the past, but watching some of the videos on the dogs website, it seems he got a much needed clean out and has been put on modified training where he will be able to use the technology available at bulldogs HQ.

Its good to see him running again and working on fitness (2 seasons ago anyone who had done ankle surgery would not have done any running for a while, where as Tony is back running already). He wont blow out too much in terms of weight and he can maintain his fitness at the same time. Hopefully without any bumps in the road he will be 100% by round 1.

Lets not forget he was barley 24 when he came over, so still plenty of years left in him. He was a big kid so there will always be leg and ankle problems (imagine the force going through his ankles every step he makes). I think with the surgery, rehab and the new shoes with better ankle and foot support he will get will mean it will probably be his best season for a while.

He was heavily criticised by the media and the forum for our performances. I think he was below par but he could not be blamed for our losses, we had much larger areas of concern then T-rex. Hopefully he will be able to kill it in 2014 and prove us all wrong. The guy scored 5 tries on 1 leg (considering his bung ankle). Imagine if he can run pain free (might be another reason he didnt hit the ball up and often caught the ball flat footed). Exciting times ahead with our forward pack shaping up the way it is. Scary for opposition teams I would say :p
I hope your wright and I prey he becomes the dooms day machine that he is capable of becoming otherwise we have pissed his money up the wall and those young players klil is worried about either miss out because of him or get their chance and we have wasted money with TRex serving his term out in Nsw cup.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
UNTOUCHABLE!!

Tolman
Ennis
Kasiano
Pricthard
Jackson
Eastwood
Finucane

Graham
Williams
Maitua
Klemmer

Browne
Burr
Minute
Perrett

Seriously? Any other team is down right embarrassing!
Keep going Klil, give us your best backline.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We may be in a position to lose that 10%.... That's were I feel we have a problem. Im sure Mbye and Templeman are locked in but I have a feeling we may lose Burr, Perett or Minute.
Mate if these young guys are good enough Des and co will, lock em up or they will force their way through to FG. Only a small percentage will have to go elsewhere and the rest won't make it and serv out in NSW Cup.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry bro our backline is a difficult one and wont be finalised until the trials and our fullback is finalised... There is another Thread that talks about te whole situation. Check it all out there.

As for the youngens well they wil be definite first graders in the years to come so I hope they can hold of being in reserve grade for atleast 2 or 3 years.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry bro our backline is a difficult one and wont be finalised until the trials and our fullback is finalised... There is another Thread that talks about te whole situation. Check it all out there.

As for the youngens well they wil be definite first graders in the years to come so I hope they can hold of being in reserve grade for atleast 2 or 3 years.
Go on, give us your backline based on what we've got (not including dream fullbacks) and if I disagree I'll give you mine. Not to have an argument, but you have yours and if I disagree I'll give you mine, just for hypothetical. Fcuck.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perry and Hughes were reserve graders and Thurston hardly played. That balances things out I guess.
Hodko is one the worst players in the comp, Reynolds is an average 5/8 good footballer. Nothing to average out.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Go on, give us your backline based on what we've got (not including dream fullbacks) and if I disagree I'll give you mine. Not to have an argument, but you have yours and if I disagree I'll give you mine, just for hypothetical. Fcuck.
Lol I'll give it a go brother on what we got so far... I would switch the backline around giving players respected new positions firstly.

1. Stanley ==== HUGE workover from Des and co will ensure this guy finds his best abilities.
2. Morris ==== I know a lot of people will hate me for this but Jmoz plays like a winger in the centre position. SORRY!
3. Lafai === would stick him on the wing outside morris but Im pretty sure he has butter fingers under the high ball.
4. Inu ==== Definite X factor cant leave him out of team. Just wish he would clean up his discipline and decision making.
5. Perett

I would love Inu on any wing but im worried about his turn and chase especially against grubbers.

Jmoz to the wing as he doesn't pass anyway. His great under the high ball, has speed to burn and would be the best defended left side defence with Lafai. IT WONT HAPPEN BUT! 2 reasons... he wont like it and leave and he wont battle his brother for that postion during rep games.

Lafai can play on both sides but his strengths lie in the left centre position.

Perett and Browne can battle for their postions.

It wont happen but that's what I reckon our best backline is.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hodko is one the worst players in the comp, Reynolds is an average 5/8 good footballer. Nothing to average out.
Bit harsh bro... Its quite hard to play ur best footy after coming back from a couple reconstruction injuries and no pre season for 2 years. If anything he atleast brought back a running game to our halves on the left hand side along with a short ball game which disappeared for a while.

In saying that he has no excuses for this yr so u might prove ur point.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol I'll give it a go brother on what we got so far... I would switch the backline around giving players respected new positions firstly.

1. Stanley ==== HUGE workover from Des and co will ensure this guy finds his best abilities.
2. Morris ==== I know a lot of people will hate me for this but Jmoz plays like a winger in the centre position. SORRY!
3. Lafai === would stick him on the wing outside morris but Im pretty sure he has butter fingers under the high ball.
4. Inu ==== Definite X factor cant leave him out of team. Just wish he would clean up his discipline and decision making.
5. Perett

I would love Inu on any wing but im worried about his turn and chase especially against grubbers.

Jmoz to the wing as he doesn't pass anyway. His great under the high ball, has speed to burn and would be the best defended left side defence with Lafai. IT WONT HAPPEN BUT! 2 reasons... he wont like it and leave and he wont battle his brother for that postion during rep games.

Lafai can play on both sides but his strengths lie in the left centre position.

Perett and Browne can battle for their postions.

It wont happen but that's what I reckon our best backline is.
WOW Dude that Is really looking outside the square, not saying it wouldn't work but here's mine:
1. Lafai
2. Perret / Templeman (I'd like to see this Templeman introduced fairly early in the year before the more experienced player may be required and it may need to be at the expense of Perret).
3. Morris
4. Inu
5. Browne / Corey Thompson.
6. Reynolds /Stanley and Reynolds to Half and Hodgko out.
7. Hodgkinson (needs a mega season or find new Halfback)

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I know but I went the proven approach to try and play it safe.... Mind u it looks a definite that Hoffman will seek a release.

The backline I chose is definitely controversial but u cant deny we would smash teams with it.

I see how u went for some outsiders but Corey Thompson is still a long shot as I haven't heard or seen anything of him hence the reason the bulldogs went out and bought other backs during the offseason. As for Templeman, he needs time.... Still young bro, needs time to grow into 1st grade. Wouldn't be surprised if e gets a run if there are plenty of injuries or suspensions but.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Id like des to try this in the off season-
1 Phillips-havent seen him,abit young but give him ago
2 Inu-alot better finisher
3 Morris
4 Stanley-injury free will be the goods
5 Lafai-still on his left next to morris
6 Reynolds
7 Templeman-a great runner of the ball,offers more then hodkinson,
It might be abit early for the young blokes but give them ago in the off season.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Id like des to try this in the off season-
1 Phillips-havent seen him,abit young but give him ago
2 Inu-alot better finisher
3 Morris
4 Stanley-injury free will be the goods
5 Lafai-still on his left next to morris
6 Reynolds
7 Templeman-a great runner of the ball,offers more then hodkinson,
It might be abit early for the young blokes but give them ago in the off season.

Yeah too early for tha youngsters brother but im sure MBye, Templeman and Phillips will have a go sometime during the year.

As for Inu and Lafai as wingers... It wont happen bro, Inu is to lazy, slow to react and chase and Lafai is quite poor under the high ball.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah too early for tha youngsters brother but im sure MBye, Templeman and Phillips will have a go sometime during the year.

As for Inu and Lafai as wingers... It wont happen bro, Inu is to lazy, slow to react and chase and Lafai is quite poor under the high ball.
Yeah your probably right but trying to work with what we've got.
Our wingers this year was our weak link every team was having a field day..
They've had 12 months to fix it!!

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah your probably right but trying to work with what we've got.
Our wingers this year was our weak link every team was having a field day..
They've had 12 months to fix it!!
Well be alright... Our wingers weren't too bad they just had an off season like everybody else. Its hard to be a winger when ur inside men arn't there half the time due to suspensions and injury. With a reliable team with plenty of depth the ability to have players specifically taught how to play in certain areas will assure we have back-up plans in place and not just playing off the cuff constantly be forced to play players out of their respected positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.