Scariest thing.... =O

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The main fear that I am considerably worried about is the state of our Juniors and our current squad.

We have come to the point where we have a similiar situation as the 2004 season where we have some great players in our line-up along with some really great young guns coming through... Are the bulldogs able to keep these young guns??

We have players such as Minute', Perrett Jnr, Templeman, Phillips and Mbye coming through but there is no space for them for the next couple of years. How and what can the buldogs do to ensure we save these future stars??

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think we need to worry about this at this stage, from everything that is coming out none of them are ready for first grade anyway.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^^^^^Hope ur right bro but even then our current team is guranteed for another 3 yrs excluding graham and morris. Last thing we need is losing guns like we lost Asotasi, Miles, Williams and Thurston in the past....

Eastwood, Pritchard, Perrett and Ennis are our oldest players and they still have a couple of years in em minimum unless someone retires early.

Everyone else is locked in and under 24...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I think will be scary is Tony Williams. It seems like he got some surgery in the offseason (it might excuse his indifferent form in 2013). I know I have defended him in the past, but watching some of the videos on the dogs website, it seems he got a much needed clean out and has been put on modified training where he will be able to use the technology available at bulldogs HQ.

Its good to see him running again and working on fitness (2 seasons ago anyone who had done ankle surgery would not have done any running for a while, where as Tony is back running already). He wont blow out too much in terms of weight and he can maintain his fitness at the same time. Hopefully without any bumps in the road he will be 100% by round 1.

Lets not forget he was barley 24 when he came over, so still plenty of years left in him. He was a big kid so there will always be leg and ankle problems (imagine the force going through his ankles every step he makes). I think with the surgery, rehab and the new shoes with better ankle and foot support he will get will mean it will probably be his best season for a while.

He was heavily criticised by the media and the forum for our performances. I think he was below par but he could not be blamed for our losses, we had much larger areas of concern then T-rex. Hopefully he will be able to kill it in 2014 and prove us all wrong. The guy scored 5 tries on 1 leg (considering his bung ankle). Imagine if he can run pain free (might be another reason he didnt hit the ball up and often caught the ball flat footed). Exciting times ahead with our forward pack shaping up the way it is. Scary for opposition teams I would say :p

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Trex had personal dramas this year, which should be well behind him now.

I am hoping for a vastly improved effort next year. He has run out of excuses now, he has to perform.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The main fear that I am considerably worried about is the state of our Juniors and our current squad.

We have come to the point where we have a similiar situation as the 2004 season where we have some great players in our line-up along with some really great young guns coming through... Are the bulldogs able to keep these young guns??

We have players such as Minute', Perrett Jnr, Templeman, Phillips and Mbye coming through but there is no space for them for the next couple of years. How and what can the buldogs do to ensure we save these future stars??
Unfortunately thats the nature of the beast. Not much the bulldogs can do.

Clubs can not keep all their young players. Its a gamble clubs take.

If a young player is promised to play first grade at another club, then he will leave to seek that opportunity over there.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
We have a fairly young FG squad, I'd be worried about the 2016/17 juniors more so than the next couple of years IMO

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If T-Rex had a bad ankle as you say, then why was he selected in the first place.

soaibdiwan1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
M.brown,tolman,Inu,t-rex,eastwood,tim brown needs to perform well and they should know there is lots of young guns behind them are deserving and waiting out there..

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Players get injured, players get suspended, players get dropped based on form, some players getting older, player contracts are not renewed 100% of the time.

Not scared at all. You have to prove your worth to make it in FG.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
M.brown,tolman,Inu,t-rex,eastwood,tim brown needs to perform well and they should know there is lots of young guns behind them are deserving and waiting out there..
Tolman? Nah bro Tolman will NEVER get dropped... He has been our most consisant for two or three years now. Future Captain and the closest thing we have to a Steve Price.

The rest yeah need to pull up... Inu and Trex need some on field discipline as well as raise their fitness levels.

Tim brown will always be a back up but with the likes of Klemmer and Burr i cant see him making the bench and M brown most likely to see more game time in NSW cup.

Eastwod just needs to keep injury free, if not i can see him retiring early.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Players get injured, players get suspended, players get dropped based on form, some players getting older, player contracts are not renewed 100% of the time.

Not scared at all. You have to prove your worth to make it in FG.

Ur right slips, depth is something we have plenty of but i wouldnt be surprised if the team is majorly shuffled over the next 2 years...

N

Natboy

People retire, get injured, lose form. If our team was so awesome & locked in we would be winning and not in a premiership drought
There are plenty of average players I would be happy to lose and replace with some of our juniors

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we'd have an awesome bench. Last time we had an awesome bench we won the comp.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People retire, get injured, lose form. If our team was so awesome & locked in we would be winning and not in a premiership drought
There are plenty of average players I would be happy to lose and replace with some of our juniors
Like who?? Our forward pack is untouchable next yr... only our backs are weak but don't forget the year before they were the best. Like I said we grab Hoffman or locke we win the comp.

If they go with morris, templeman or Phillips we go close.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
UNTOUCHABLE!!

Tolman
Ennis
Kasiano
Pricthard
Jackson
Eastwood
Finucane

Graham
Williams
Maitua
Klemmer

Browne
Burr
Minute
Perrett

Seriously? Any other team is down right embarrassing!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If T-Rex had a bad ankle as you say, then why was he selected in the first place.
I assume it was manageable and so that he stayed playing (for fitness and salary issues). I know he has had surgery to clean up his ankle and that his son is fine now, best of luck to the big man and his family!

Status
Not open for further replies.