Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Of course 50 mins at the very least. The guy is a machine. You can play him anywhere, middle, edges, a roaming role, 50 mins, 60 mins, 80 mins.

I can't comment with rotations, while on face value something may look obvious, coaching staff usually will know who can and who can't punch out certain amount of minutes.
Who starts making mistakes the longer they play, they will know stuff like a certain player's first 20 minutes is better than his second 20 minutes or vice versa.
Some players play better the longer they play and get their second wind. Others can't do more than 30-40 mins.
I could very well be wrong, but I can't grasp the idea or comprehend how supporters will know better than coaching staff regarding fitness levels of each player.
Some players even carry injuries that the public don't know and only get 15 minutes while some else is more than capable to cover for them for 2 weeks.
There are so many things we as supporters are not privy to it's not funny. Trust me, we don't know shit.
Well you know who i want at lock but i can still see plenty of benefits of RFM there. We should also have enough flexibility that our players set positions can be a little looser or interchangeable with each other at times.

I doubt our staff lol...this is the same staff that started a clearly unfit Eastwood in round 1 and rushed Priest back into the side also lacking match fitness.

Look at it this way, we have 240 minutes worth of playtime to spread across a minimum of 6 players through the middle. Having anyone push out 60+ minutes straight is totally unnecessary with the quality we will have and it's currently unnecessary right now imo. It's also not like Tolman is a Burgess or Trbojevic that could outplay the opposition all game long with their skillset.

Our bench options will be stacked next season. Sue played 37 minutes last night and punched out over 130m and made 23 tackles. Fualalo is more than capable of coming on and doing a job if his mindset is right and he knows his job. We know what Elliott and Ray are capable of. To'omaga and Burr have absolutely toyed with the opposition at ISP level at and hopefully they continue to kick on. Smith also looked solid enough in NRL his stint and at ISP level.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well you know who i want at lock but i can still see plenty of benefits of RFM there. We should also have enough flexibility that our players set positions can be a little looser or interchangeable with each other at times.

I doubt our staff lol...this is the same staff that started a clearly unfit Eastwood in round 1 and rushed Priest back into the side also lacking match fitness.

Look at it this way, we have 240 minutes worth of playtime to spread across a minimum of 6 players through the middle. Having anyone push out 60+ minutes straight is totally unnecessary with the quality we will have and it's currently unnecessary right now imo. It's also not like Tolman is a Burgess or Trbojevic that could outplay the opposition all game long with their skillset.

Our bench options will be stacked next season. Sue played 37 minutes last night and punched out over 130m and made 23 tackles. Fualalo is more than capable of coming on and doing a job if his mindset is right and he knows his job. We know what Elliott and Ray are capable of. To'omaga and Burr have absolutely toyed with the opposition at ISP level at and hopefully they continue to kick on. Smith also looked solid enough in NRL his stint and at ISP level.
It's going to be very interesting next year thats for sure.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sue and ogden will give us great punch off the bench

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sue and ogden will give us great punch off the bench
I really hope Ogden can get his fitness up to scratch... Its the only negative about the kid. Also hope RT can prove his NRL standard with a few repeat performances in the top grade, still cant forget how he constantly carried defenders in that trial against the panthers.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really hope Ogden can get his fitness up to scratch... Its the only negative about the kid. Also hope RT can prove his NRL standard with a few repeat performances in the top grade, still cant forget how he constantly carried defenders in that trial against the panthers.
Yep we could be a surprise packet next year if our backline clicks

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you made some valid points regarding our rotation,in particular the forwards
This is Pays first year and it’s been crazy with players being shown the door plus injuries
The only thing that really baffles me when I’m at the games is why Tolman plays so many minutes without a break.
He looks tired and slow towards the end
With these new players coming to our club and reserves being elevated,
I’m thinking fresh legs could be more effective
Not an expert,just my personal thought

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think you made some valid points regarding our rotation,in particular the forwards
This is Pays first year and it’s been crazy with players being shown the door plus injuries
The only thing that really baffles me when I’m at the games is why Tolman plays so many minutes without a break.
He looks tired and slow towards the end
With these new players coming to our club and reserves being elevated,
I’m thinking fresh legs could be more effective
Not an expert,just my personal thought
He wants the experience on the park but there's definitely better ways of doing it than having him play so many minutes straight. So many of his runs are just meh and lack any sort of thought or fight in them yet we have fresh blokes just catching a cold on the bench.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wants the experience on the park but there's definitely better ways of doing it than having him play so many minutes straight. So many of his runs are just meh and lack any sort of thought or fight in them yet we have fresh blokes just catching a cold on the bench.
Yeh I just don’t get it,
He is doing his best but lacks intensity,might be more effective with a break after 30 min approx then play some part in the second half.
Dean and his staff must have a plan,I think things might be a bit different next year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looked fit in the 7 mins he got on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.