Other News Source Sam Walker

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He’s 16
Didn't realise he was so young. Roosters need an instant fix though, they can't wait around whilst he develops (given Cronk is gone end of this year).

Roosters don't use stop gap measures.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
hahahaha Roosters have a 1 million warchest at any given time of any given season, if the right player comes up.. NRL is a Joke
Cheats they hire people who know how to rort the cap. Nrl are too dumb especially now being run by 2 dopes.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheats they hire people who know how to rort the cap. Nrl are too dumb especially now being run by 2 dopes.
All I have to say is.... Ian Schubert is a former Roosters player and was the NRL Salary cap Auditor for many years.. Ian Schubert is now employed by the Roosters as the.. drum roll ....... Get This ........ The Salary Cap Compliance Manager.......

Then Early in the Year The NRL approached Uncle Nick for tips on management or some BS LOL..

To Top it all off every single NRL show on TV and Radio constantly joke about the Roosters Sombrero, with former players actively joking about it .............

WTF

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I have to say is.... Ian Schubert is a former Roosters player and was the NRL Salary cap Auditor for many years.. Ian Schubert is now employed by the Roosters as the.. drum roll ....... Get This ........ The Salary Cap Compliance Manager.......

Then Early in the Year The NRL approached Uncle Nick for tips on management or some BS LOL..

To Top it all off every single NRL show on TV and Radio constantly joke about the Roosters Sombrero, with former players actively joking about it .............

WTF
Yeah it’s a joke. Asking Uncle Nick for tips says it all. Real fair comp this one.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't realise he was so young. Roosters need an instant fix though, they can't wait around whilst he develops (given Cronk is gone end of this year).

Roosters don't use stop gap measures.
Im pretty sure there hoping lam comes into first grade. This kid would just be for a few more years down the track. They call it recruiting lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

WTF
Absolutely spot on. But hey, what conflict of interest?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A half in the broncs system. Son of one of the Walker boys. Apparently 10 nrl clubs after him including us. Reported in the courier mail brisbane this morning

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he's that promising he'll be wrapped up by the Broncos. Probably just his manager trying to get the most coin out of his contract.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Not a backrower we have no chance.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he comes with baggage, and create their own media storm and way to much hype for someone unproven

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've had a few threads on him already. He looks extremely promising. I don't like our chances against the powerhouse clubs. Years ago, when we were a powerhouse for decades, we'd be signing kids like this up left right and centre and have a production line. Now we tend to get the scraps other clubs don't want.

Hopefully by some miracle we land him and a few others of his calibre. It's our best chance of getting out of this mess long term.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've had a few threads on him already. He looks extremely promising. I don't like our chances against the powerhouse clubs. Years ago, when we were a powerhouse for decades, we'd be signing kids like this up left right and centre and have a production line. Now we tend to get the scraps other clubs don't want.

Hopefully by some miracle we land him and a few others of his calibre. It's our best chance of getting out of this mess long term.
The fact that we might offer a quicker/easier path into the NRL is our best chance to lure young players with potential. I think the club is trying to get a strong core group of youngsters together who will hopefully be a force in a year or so when our cap situation is better.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We did offer 3 x more than the Rorters. See how that goes I guess

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
C'mon down to Belmore and be coached by Dean Pay (supercoach according to some on here) or go to the Roosters with uncle Nick and endless brown paper bags.

We did offer 3 x more than the Rorters. See how that goes I guess
Inclusive or exclusive of brown paper bags and cars.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact that we might offer a quicker/easier path into the NRL is our best chance to lure young players with potential. I think the club is trying to get a strong core group of youngsters together who will hopefully be a force in a year or so when our cap situation is better.
Ideally that should be the case but I feel with the more highly sought after youngsters that have numerous clubs chasing them, the lure of a starting spot isn't as enticing as it should be. Unfortunately a lot of the modern kids don't have the same drive as those in years past and take the easy way out by joining the glamour clubs.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
C'mon down to Belmore and be coached by Dean Pay (supercoach according to some on here) or go to the Roosters with uncle Nick and endless brown paper bags.

Inclusive or exclusive of brown paper bags and cars.
We can only offer Woolies bags.