Sam Perrett to join Bulldogs immediately?

Do we need Sam Perret at the Dogz

• Yes

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
LOL the Titans don't even own their centre of excellence so they may as well not have one.

Michael Searle has done such a great job.. Is he still even CEO?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I may have missed it but has the club announced the signing at all. Almost everyone seems to think we've signed him. I just haven't seen any confirmation by the Roosters or the Bulldogs yet.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I may have missed it but has the club announced the signing at all. Almost everyone seems to think we've signed him. I just haven't seen any confirmation by the Roosters or the Bulldogs yet.
the media has confirmed he has left the roosters today, as it was his last day there whilst he farewelled his team-mates. Assuming that's true, he should start with us tomorrow. Also sportsnewsfirst have said, that the Roosters have reacted swiftly to the loss of Perrett by signing Michael Oldfiel from Manly.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
Not confirmed but reports are perett said bye to his team mates today and will more then likely be confirmed tomorrow theres prob still paper work need to be finalised

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a weird one. It's being widely reported in the press - certainly not just random internet chat that someone made up.

No official word from either club yet, although Ennis was willing to talk about it in an interview today "if he came...". Not quite full confirmation, but I imagine if the club captain is allowed to talk as if it's a done deal that we'll be seeing him soon enough.

You wonder what this might mean for the chances of re-signing Turner, depending on how long a deal Perrett signs. Inu's here for three years. I realise Brown's likely gone at the end of the year without ever playing.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Triple M said tonight it's a done deal. 3 years. Could line up on Sunday.

Still, they were also the ones that said foran was a done deal

w00t

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He'd be much much much much better than Brett Lane

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'd be much much much much better than Brett Lane
I hate to completely write a guy off after one performance, but he really did show nothing. I'd be surprised if he surfaces again in First Grade, either here or elsewhere.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't have any doubts that he's coming across. It just seems weird they haven't announced it with all the media abuzz with the news.

Goodwin and Turner definitely have a tough task to win new contracts now. I know we are in a bad way with healthy depth in the backs but we've signed two backs to pretty long term deals. The writing has to be on the wall for a few players. I'm starting to wonder how many of our off contract players will still be here next season. We could still see plenty of players bought into the club for next season. It will be sad to see some players go but it seems like Des is building himself the team he thinks will win premierships.

Signings to date.
Tony Williams- Big aggressive second rower with plenty of pace and a habit of scoring tries. Great signing but likely to be on massive money.
Krisnan Inu- Upside is that he's a great athlete with plenty of skill and can do freakish things at times. The downside is that he can also make dumb errors. We've seen him put in two good performances. I hope he keeps up the good form.
Sam Perrett- Pretty complete winger who should fit into the team with minimal problems. His dummy half runs will be an asset and he has a competitive streak that will be good for the side.

I'm more than happy with our recruitment since Hasler got here. I'm sure there will be some disappointments in store with players we let go though.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sportal has an article up on it.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sportal has an article up on it.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sam Perrett farewells Roosters teammates but switch to Bullodgs is in limbo

Sam Perrett gets a hug from team mate Frank Paul- Nuuausala at a Roosters recovery session at Coogee Beach. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

SAM Perrett's mid-season move to Canterbury is sensationally off, with the Roosters yesterday refusing to grant a release.

The Roosters veteran bid his teammates an emotional farewell after agreeing to an immediate transfer.

But the move was stalled just hours later, when Roosters coach Brian Smith and CEO Steve Noyce intervened.

While both clubs and Perrett's agent failed to comment last night, The Daily Telegraph can reveal Perrett's talented little brother Lloyd is crucial to the impasse. Bulldogs officials also want the 18-year-old front-rower at Belmore straight away and have offered him a full-time pay packet.

It's understood the Roosters did not become aware of Canterbury's desire to recruit Lloyd until after they'd verbally agreed to transfer Perrett.The Kiwi winger had been in talks to defect from next season for several weeks.

NRL Talkback: What do you think about mid-season transfers? Have your say from 12:30pm Tuesday

But an earlier move emerged for two reasons.

Sources close to the 28-year-old claim he was keen to change clubs and re-invigorate his career under Bulldogs coach Des Hasler as soon as possible.

And the Bulldogs saw Perrett's imminent arrival as a godsend, given they have barely any outside backs available after season-ending injuries to Tim Lafai, Steve Turner and Mitch Brown.

Winger Michael Lett also quit the club last month for a better paying job in the Illawarra coalmines, while Bryson Goodwin will not be fit for at least another fortnight after rupturing his spleen.

Bulldogs insiders say Perrett received informal permission to leave last week and agreed to a 3 1/2-year deal on Friday.

Perrett approached Sunday's game against Wests as his last in a Roosters jersey and told selected teammates as much after full-time.

He then fronted at yesterday morning's recovery session at Coogee Beach for a final goodbye and remained fully clothed as the team braved the chilly swell.

He received plenty of hugs, including a long embrace with fellow Kiwi Frank-Paul Nuuausala.

Speaking afterwards, Roosters players appeared resigned to him leaving.

"Sam Perrett is a great bloke, I've got the utmost respect for him and he's always had plenty of time for the young blokes like myself," baby-faced Roosters forward Lama Tasi said. "After yesterday he killed it, it was like it was back to the old Sam Perrett who we know can play."

Anthony Minichiello added: "He's such a great player for the club, and being connected with him and the other wingers the last six years or so, if he does leave it will be sad to see him go. The team is close, and he's such a great player and good leader both on and off the field.

"He's a role model for everyone," Minichiello said.

The Bulldogs last night remained hopeful of securing Perrett for Sunday's top-of-the-table clash against Melbourne Storm in Mackay.

They've also allowed young forward Samisoni Langi, who has already agreed to join the Roosters in 2013, to head to Bondi now as part of the deal.

Should Perrett get a release the Roosters could ask Manly for the immediate services of speedster Michael Oldfield, who agreed to a two-year deal over the weekend.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...odgs-is-in-limbo/story-e6frexnr-1226399203538

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So his brother is vital cog or so called piece of the puzzle in this move.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he wants to leave roosters are pathetic!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
SAM Perrett's mid-season move to Canterbury is sensationally off, with the Roosters yesterday refusing to grant a release.

Bulldogs insiders say Perrett received informal permission to leave last week and agreed to a 3 1/2-year deal on Friday.

* Is it me or are both these statements contradicting?

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ye badly so stupid he will play this sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.