Sam Perrett re-signs for 2 more years

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sam Perrett looks poised to finish his career at Canterbury, with the winger set to sign a new two-year deal.

The 233-game veteran, who is off-contract at the end of 2015, told foxsports.com.au a deal was all but done that would see him become an ambassador at the club post-retirement.

"Everything has been agreed on for a while now," Perrett said.

"It's been done for five months or so. I just need to sign the papers.

"I'm staying for another two years then there's an opportunity for me to become an ambassador and do some work with the community."

Meanwhile, backup Bulldogs hooker Damien King has agreed to terms with South Sydney according to Fairfax Media reports.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/10/07/perrett-stays-put-bulldogs

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he was a plumber and Lloyd was his apprentice so why does he need to do work in the community? Why wasn't Haz offered a similar role?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
souffs have taken Damien King too .. wait who's Damien King?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for the ambassador role but seriously 2 years as a first grade winger?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His safe at best but cmon seriously... We re sign him for 2 years and let go of cook and hojo... We havnt signed anyone this year also.... We are either going to be in for a big surprise and be a force next year or just same old crap and stumble into finals (if we go that far).... DES what are you doing over there mate?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing with this re-signing is we won't be signing any new talent for the backline or promoting anyone for a while now. In the clubs mind we have now finalised our backline for the next 2 years.

It's a little frustrating when you think tupou was off contract, was out of form and being shopped around and we didn't seemingly let him slip through the cracks for the second time. Then RTS left and roosters re-signed him.

Makes you think what direction this club wants to take? Fair enough he is a champion bloke but he must be one of the slowest wingers in first grade and not only that but the gap between the amount of tries the right side lets in and the amount of tries they score must be massive.

All for having him involved with the club post retirement but 2 more years in first grade? Hopefully the club isn't happy with mediocrity......

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keeping a Roosters discard, for 5 years after they got rid of him....sheesh.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TWO years?!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sam doesn't have a manager and there's been about 4-5 articles saying the same thing. Last one was before the warriors game where he was going to sign that weekend.

Now he's had the paperwork for 5 months and hasn't signed. Why would the club leave a deal on the table for so long.

I'm hoping there's actually no deal and he thinks that by speaking to the media he can pressure the club to finalise something but maybe that's wishful thinking.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
He negotiates his own contract doesn't he? I think he has gone the smart option (on his part) and negotiated 2 more years at something really low like $150,000 which is looked at as a good deal by the club for a veteran safe winger and then he has got himself a 5 year ambassador deal at the club for say 70,000 a year with a car ect with an option to renew or get into an admin/coaching/training role.

Status
Not open for further replies.