Sam Perrett - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's been found out defensively.

He's needs to look at how players like Morris, Nightingale etc. defend on the edges.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
He rushed up and shut down a few plays last night that woud have been trys, its catch 22 sometimes

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He rushed up and shut down a few plays last night that woud have been trys, its catch 22 sometimes
He does tend to rush up and ina s well. Like you said, it can be a catch 22

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
He's been found out defensively.

He's needs to look at how players like Morris, Nightingale etc. defend on the edges.
This. He needs to watch some tape of someone like Nightingale. He doesn't have Morris' speed to make up for a lapse of judgement, so he has a slightly smaller margin for error. This is why coaches usually prefer wingers that can change direction and accelerate fast.

The key for him really is to continue doing what he is doing, by moving in and up with the defensively line. But as soon as his opposition winger starts moving infront of their attacking line he needs to push back and be ready for the kick behind. Simply needs to read that play better than he is. Even if he doesn't complete the actual tackle, it will give time for our fullback to get back their and defuse the kick.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's a workhorse, never slows down, running till last min of every game, trying to change things in last couple games..some people think he should stay at his position some say he's tried his 110% out there

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing every player you mentioned barring sbw has been a flop , in other words they had there worst years to remember with you guys and your team are the worst at breeding juniors look at your team, all has beens at other clubs barring minichello the old fark still soooking about the loss in 04 lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He played the same for NZ as he does for us. He comes in to shut down the play which worked for NZ because they always shifted to cover his position. The Dogs players (especially T-Rex) don't shift to cover.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon he had a solid game today. Our right hand side defence should improve when Inu gets back.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon he had a solid game today. Our right hand side defence should improve when Inu gets back.
Agree with you there, Perrett was awesome to watch especially his last try and once Inu does get back it should improve. Lafai didn't do too bad at all really, he seems like a good backup for when Origin comes around (Morris has to be a started for the NSW!)

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been very critical of Perrett in the past but I must give him credit where credit is deserved. He played his best game of the year tonight. Just hope he keeps the good performances coming in future weeks.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Went well today. Especially first half with the sun in his eyes.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
this is the only player gould actually commended. hmmmm i wonder why? :-7

good game by perrett btw.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep I have faith in this player as I've repeatedly said before knew he would deliver.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have been really, really dissapointed with Pez this year.

His up and in defence is way too aggressive for my liking. He has made some very poor reads.
Has dropped nearly every bomb that he has been under pressure.
And his DH runs are no where near as effective as they were last year.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree Moe. Defence has definitely been a concern down his side. Although I don't think Sam is the only one that comes too far in on that side. Hopefully the club has been looking at this through review tapes and finding ways to correct it. Seems to be happening frequently, and may prove costly when you are up against the bigger packs of the competition who will be looking to exploit this weakness.

Hope he has a blinder though against his former club. :grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The team not just Sam need to improve their latteral movement in defence as the ball goes out that way though he does get caught out MIA sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.