News SALARY cap pressure has cost the Canterbury Bulldogs one of their best young forwards. Matt Doorey, 22

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parramatta Eels poach Bulldogs generational forward
By: Buzz Rothfield | Daily Telegraph
View attachment 60839

The long-standing bitter rivalry between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Parramatta Eels has added a new dimension with young generational forward Matt Doorey defecting to his arch-rivals effective immediately.

In what represents a major failure for General Manager of Football Phil Gould, questions are being raised about Canterbury's questionable recruitment and retention commitee. The club has already released the likes of Reimis Smith, Nick Meaney and Matt Doorey who is expected to kick on at a rival club. The 22-year-old is not just another young rampaging forward - he is touted the future of the NSW Blues and Australian forward pack. A leader in his own right - all 16 NRL clubs are understandbly shocked that the Bulldogs would make this decision given how light and poor their forward pack is shaping to be next season.

No doubt incoming coach Cameron Ciraldo will struggle to get this pack firing.

The Bulldogs are left to pick up the pieces and hope that this decision won't come back to haunt them. The club has experienced letting rugby legends leave. Look no further than future immortal Johnathan Thurston - could Doorey be another JT situation?

Time will tell, I think so.

Offer Image

Digital
50C/ DAY
for the first 12 weeks
($14 min. cost) charged every 4 weeks.
Then $40 charged every 4 weeks.*
Pretty certain this article has been re written by 1 of our kennel members , This is not what i read online lol Pretty funny though

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See the biggest fuckin thing for me is not what this red vainy fucked ballon head Rothfield said, It's the fact that you got ****'s out there payin for this daily telegraph bullshit. Madone, who in their right fuckin mine still pays for this shit. The news paper written like it's still the 80's. It's so outta date. And the cocksuckers give platforms too rats like Rothfield, Erin tip rat Molean, Miranda Devine, Andre Bolt. Makes me sick.
Post more

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parramatta Eels poach Bulldogs generational forward
By: Buzz Rothfield | Daily Telegraph
View attachment 60839

The long-standing bitter rivalry between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Parramatta Eels has added a new dimension with young generational forward Matt Doorey defecting to his arch-rivals effective immediately.

In what represents a major failure for General Manager of Football Phil Gould, questions are being raised about Canterbury's questionable recruitment and retention commitee. The club has already released the likes of Reimis Smith, Nick Meaney and Matt Doorey who is expected to kick on at a rival club. The 22-year-old is not just another young rampaging forward - he is touted the future of the NSW Blues and Australian forward pack. A leader in his own right - all 16 NRL clubs are understandbly shocked that the Bulldogs would make this decision given how light and poor their forward pack is shaping to be next season.

No doubt incoming coach Cameron Ciraldo will struggle to get this pack firing.

The Bulldogs are left to pick up the pieces and hope that this decision won't come back to haunt them. The club has experienced letting rugby legends leave. Look no further than future immortal Johnathan Thurston - could Doorey be another JT situation?

Time will tell, I think so.

Offer Image

Digital
50C/ DAY
for the first 12 weeks
($14 min. cost) charged every 4 weeks.
Then $40 charged every 4 weeks.*
And they want you to pay for this shite!

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doorey was at best a good bench player for us, he wasn't too bad when given the chance but has had more time off the field than on it.

Wish him well and thank him for his services.

Would've been a lot happier had it been Waddell.

Someone said he came to us from the Eels but that doesn't seem to be the case looking at his player profile.

Official NRL profile of Matt Doorey for Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs | Bulldogs

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How do we have “cap pressure” when we still don’t have a cap for next year? Buzz had been on the Metho again

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Post yourself to the tkfc uncle daddy and report in immediately @Tassie Devil
Good work @belmore_utd however you're forgetting the first 2 rules of TKFC ... Report yourself to @ASSASSIN immediately for your punishment.

@Paulie Gualtieri and @Cappuccino seeing as it's already been brought up, I invite you to our select group of individuals who settle grudges the old way.

Bare knuckle fist fights.

You boys keen to join the elite of the elite Kennel posters?

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Congratulations to Doorey, hope the move is success for his career. I think Buzz crystal ball needs cleaning.....future blues, future kangaroo, a future legend? He only forgot to include a future immortal!
Fingers crossed he can first make a Regular FG player.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BUZZ IS AN ABSOLUTE MUPPET.. this bloke is WHACK and writing shit like this should be illegal lol.!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good work @belmore_utd however you're forgetting the first 2 rules of TKFC ... Report yourself to @ASSASSIN immediately for your punishment.

@Paulie Gualtieri and @Cappuccino seeing as it's already been brought up, I invite you to our select group of individuals who settle grudges the old way.

Bare knuckle fist fights.

You boys keen to join the elite of the elite Kennel posters?
Take his gun
And muscles
And Mafia connections away
And I'll fuckin smash him!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
9EFBD5B1-AE08-485C-8B61-67AF4B443432.jpegWhat a dumb ****. I recon Napa showed more effort and some fuckn oof than the soft cock that Doorey was. Am i like seeing shit or is everyone just fuckn delusional when it comes to Doorey because he showed me absolutely nothing but trash when he played.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 62342What a dumb ****. I recon Napa showed more effort and some fuckn oof than the soft cock that Doorey was. Am i like seeing shit or is everyone just fuckn delusional when it comes to Doorey because he showed me absolutely nothing but trash when he played.
How the fuck did they not watch his NSW cup games. FFS when we versed Cronulla a few times, Pele ran through him every run and the **** had a sook everytime. He can't even crack a spot in the reserve grade. With all the players they lost for the 2023 season, i don't think they should be happy over this rubbish signing :tearsofjoy: They are also so close to losing both their halves and are sucking off this ****.