Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Loosed my respect whn he spent our funds on crighton, meaney and coggar..
Cheap buys and all we could afford. And getting 1 better player instead of 3 cheaper ones doesn't fill the top 30. We are still affected by Des' fuckups

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheap buys and all we could afford. And getting 1 better player instead of 3 cheaper ones doesn't fill the top 30. We are still affected by Des' fuckups
Bud are U telling me there isnt a better FB for the same price as Meaney? What about Crichton? Fcuk me Bergamin is basically the same player if not better and more versatile.

Cheap buys aren't the problem.. it's picking the right cheapies..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bud are U telling me there isnt a better FB for the same price as Meaney? What about Crichton? Fcuk me Bergamin is basically the same player if not better and more versatile.

I'm sure they could have had Nicholl-Klonstad for less than what they paid for Meaney and Charnze actually looks really good..

Yet again Canberra recruit well but have a shit coach and also let go of a lot of good players.

It's been a decade plus now since this club has recruited well and developed youngsters.

Its completely unacceptable.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He deserves all he is getting atm.

This is his squad now, his selections. His game plans. He has had last 6 months to get this squad ready. We have listened to his BS as well he has been trying to spread on how we will be better bla bla bla fkn bla
He is a useless coach. Was last year and continues to be this year as well. We stuck with him for now unfortunately. The quicker we can get a new coach for next year the quicker we can better plan our recruitment drive and get the Dogs back to where we once were .
Bla bla bla what the fuck do you want him to say bro...we’re shit, we can’t compete, don’t watch us this year?

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bla bla bla what the fuck do you want home to say bro...we’re shit, we can’t compete, don’t watch us this year?
Less talk more action.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Firstly how do u know meaney is no good. And secondly no I don't think we can do better for the money, he would have been pretty cheap for a fb. Thirdly can you tell me who we could have gotten for the same money?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Montoya is a fucking terrible player. Should be the first **** dropped next weekend
And thankfully he isn’t on the team sheet. Deadset the bloke has to be one of the shittest “footballers” I’ve ever seen.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And replace him with who exactly?
Someone who is willing to teach them to defend. I understand that our side isn’t potentially contenders till 2021 but at least a coach who can bark some orders to tell the boys to have heart in defense.

Prime example, micahel McGuire to tigers and you see how much they all play for each other. Not the most exciting team as they have a few veteran players but each of them showed these last couple weeks that they will play hard.

Now that dean has dropped some players, I’m less critical of pay but let’s see how we turn out on the weekend. Improvement needs to happen this weekend in order to make us fans happy

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He did take the Warriors to the GF in 2011.
Yes, just as Des took us to two GF’s in 2012 and 2014. We lost both, as did Cleary in 2011. It’s a results business and I personally don’t rate Cleary. Not that there’s an obvious alternative. I don’t think guys like Griffin or Henry are the answer either.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly how do u know meaney is no good. And secondly no I don't think we can do better for the money, he would have been pretty cheap for a fb. Thirdly can you tell me who we could have gotten for the same money?
Because I watched him last yr and watched him again this yr and even though he has bulked up a bit his still a athlete trying to become a league player.

There is plenty of young talent to choose from, as stated above Nicoll-Klokstad just to name one but their is a plymoth of young backs coming through... Even then im sure we could have forked out a bit more to plug an extremely bad hole.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NRL Tonight.. Dan Ginane was asked about this and his reply was that any other coach in theNRL with this side would suffer the same issues, but it's up to Pay to try and get them to do better.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I loved watching him play, but Dymock has applied for a head coaches job at least 3 times and not landed one yet, that tells a story in itself. My guess is he displays the same attributes as he did when he was a player, highly passionate, plays with his heart not his head, can win a game or lose a game just as easily, the word I would use is inconsistent. Which is precisely what you don't want from your coach.

Go Dogs
Just because Dymock hasn't landed a head coach position yet doesn't mean he's not a good enough it actually tells me the selectors are using the wrong criteria.

Dymock has a way of gettung the best out of the team.. See back end of 2011..
See back end of 2017..
My guess is he is supportive, motivational and practical and that's all a good coach should be. None of this control shit like Des n Dean

When you start making stupid decisions like Des and Dean make it hinders the teams performance and they're left without any clue on how to recover from being put in a corner. They are left to look stupid

Last edited:

Doggie master

New Pup
Reaction score
Dean pay is bad for the club and the worse thing about it the administration can not see it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now they'll have to pay him more in compensation when they sack him halfway through the season. This club loves giving money away to people who don't deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.