Sack Dean Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay has copped some deserved criticism including from me but just bagging him out sucks. The guy is doing his best in a job that nobody else wanted with a weak roster and the books are fried....he deserves some respect and the rest of the year at the very minimum.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They call us the entertainers. Im certain new zealand and 1 million parra followers were certainly entertained lol

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay has copped some deserved criticism including from me but just bagging him out sucks. The guy is doing his best in a job that nobody else wanted with a weak roster and the books are fried....he deserves some respect and the rest of the year at the very minimum.
Doing his best?

So that's what you call his defensive structures?

That's what you call his inability to drop non-performing players?

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All those players named bar JT are props this yr. Burgess and de belin are backrowers. Coaches are reverting to strong agile ball playing locks again. Eg Murray, mcquire, Radley..

JJ is a perfect lock
I haven't noticed all those players switching permanently to props, but it wasn't unusual that they moved to prop during an interchange. Thank you for the insight, I will take more notice.

Green told us in a press conference the reason he switched Taumololo to 2nd row and McGuire at lock. He wanted the wrecking ball to play more minutes in 2019 and to maintain pressure on both edges, using Cooper as interchange.

In regards to Sam Burgess and Murray. Bennett said that he wanted to fill in the sizeable hole left by Angus Crichton on the right edge. He also realized that after moving Sam to second row, he was able to complete his first pre-season in six years. "A move to second row" Bennett said "would lessen Sam's workload, reduce injuries in 2019 and prolong his illustrious career".

Radley is versatile and can play hooker,second row and lock. Robinson also interchanges the lock position with Isaac Liu, depending on whether he wants mobility or strength and the need to move Tedesco further up field, just behind the line, into a retreated 2nd five eight position.

If we played a diamond formation like Storm does with Smith as pivot, the halves on both sides of the ruck and Finucane on 4th point, then I can see JJ adding value as lock in attack. But as a link between the forwards and backs, I don't think we have the right hooker, forwards that can provide forward momentum and space, or centers fast enough to advance play up field or sweep to the wing.

When you say JJ is the perfect lock, I think you need to allow how he'll fit with the players we have.

Last edited:

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They call us the entertainers. Im certain new zealand and 1 million parra followers were certainly entertained lol
The entertainers catch phrase was changed to 'Dogs Of War" after we couldn't score a try. Now since we cannot stop a try, our new catch phrase will be 'The Marshmallows'.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dude is clueless and it was a poor choice to have chosen him tbh. The guy can’t coach.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our team is absolutely garbage. You can have Craig Bellamy coaching and this team will still be rubbish. BUUUTTT. If the club gives any shit about pride and brand appearance then they must sack Pay immediately. It is absolutely embarrassing for our club. No more excuses. We cannot keep supporting mediocrity. Anderson or whoever must sack pay to prove that she cares about this club.

And I am sorry all Kennelers but I have to say this. We should have never sacked Hasler. 1. Our club was not this bad under his tutelage. 2. It is extremely embarrassing that we did sack him for no avail. In fact we have gone backwards ever since

Sack Pay now
We needed to sack Hasler, his style of play was out dated and he was making poor personnel choices.

Dean Pay, in hindsight, was the wrong choice.

They need a proven coach with some intensity adding one or two marquee signings or at least, good players in key spine positions.

Brandon Smith & Jerome Smith would have been good pick ups, not overly expensive but players with huge potential. Storm will wrap them up for life.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Jimmy dymock should have been the choice.

But if I remember correctly, pay was installed as part of Ray dib’s desperate attempt to get re-elected?
To be fair I strongly doubt Dymock would have done any better with the current team. We just don't have the cattle.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair I strongly doubt Dymock would have done any better with the current team. We just don't have the cattle.
True but a goods tradesman never blames his tools

Dean has an average roster but he does himself no favours with absurd selections and game plan and bench rotation timings ie basics of a coach

76 points against to open a season is totally unacceptable

Dymock as interim coach got us playing great brand of footy laying foundations for 2012 (Des took the credit) plus the players respected him

J Moz dropped first and only in his career

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The dude is clueless and it was a poor choice to have chosen him tbh. The guy can’t coach.
Loosed my respect whn he spent our funds on crighton, meaney and coggar..

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me get my Rugby league contact book and phn someone or maybe I will get one of my many staff to start making enquiries...
I don't Know... Somebody out there who is experienced enough to build a fukn team that's who!!
So you want to get rid of someone that you don't know what they are capable of and replace them with someone you don't know at all, interesting.

Go Dogs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He deserves all he is getting atm.

This is his squad now, his selections. His game plans. He has had last 6 months to get this squad ready. We have listened to his BS as well he has been trying to spread on how we will be better bla bla bla fkn bla
He is a useless coach. Was last year and continues to be this year as well. We stuck with him for now unfortunately. The quicker we can get a new coach for next year the quicker we can better plan our recruitment drive and get the Dogs back to where we once were .

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dymock as interim coach got us playing great brand of footy laying foundations for 2012 (Des took the credit) plus the players respected him
Don't get me wrong, I loved watching him play, but Dymock has applied for a head coaches job at least 3 times and not landed one yet, that tells a story in itself. My guess is he displays the same attributes as he did when he was a player, highly passionate, plays with his heart not his head, can win a game or lose a game just as easily, the word I would use is inconsistent. Which is precisely what you don't want from your coach.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True but a goods tradesman never blames his tools

Dean has an average roster but he does himself no favours with absurd selections and game plan and bench rotation timings ie basics of a coach

76 points against to open a season is totally unacceptable

J Moz dropped first and only in his career
Dymock was also the first to see cooks potential as a hooker.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dymock was also the first y see cooks potential ias a hooker.
Not true, Cook was recruited by Noel Cleal, who spotted him playing fullback and told Dymock and Hasler that he should be playing hooker. Damien Cook told me that himself, so that's a pretty good source.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not true, Cook was recruited by Noel Cleal, who spotted him playing fullback and told Dymock and Hasler that he should be playing hooker. Damien Cook told me that himself, so that's a pretty good source.

Go Dogs
Well then Dymock knew how to utilise him. Cook was playing FB and hooker for reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.