Sack Dean Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Has anyone taken a serious look at how Jackson seems to have gone backwards under Pay. Jackson is still a top player in the NRL and in the top 5 backrowers easily but man he seems to have bad games here and there a bit too much. Not saying today as he seemed to be one of the few having a dig. But round 1 average last year a lot of games where is was just not the JJ we are used to seeing. Pay has fucked him by playing him 2nd row, lock, prop and moving him from one side to the other every game. Pay is a dumb **** or the highest order. Moves on Mbye, Woods, Jmoz and Bmoz. Yet he resigns low fucks like JMK and Licha. Then plays Holland & Montoya in the centres who are shit and puts Elliot on the leadership group like fuck me. Rant over.........for now.

Wholetthedogsout

Waterboy
Reaction score
Guys we don’t have the cattle don’t matter who’s coach we just don’t have a team upto scratch
I think he wanted to say this team is a bunch of soft c#$ks at the press conference but had to be all diplomatic in front of the media. Seriouly hard position to be in, fronting up every week to explain why your crappy team keeps losing. I noticed he takes care not to single out any one player as the dud though which is kind but i reckon he'll be throwing out the dead wood next round. I know everyone is calling for his head but I actually think he is a decent coach and was brave to take on a team in such a mess. What would you guys do if you were him?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he wanted to say this team is a bunch of soft c#$ks at the press conference but had to be all diplomatic in front of the media. Seriouly hard position to be in, fronting up every week to explain why your crappy team keeps losing. I noticed he takes care not to single out any one player as the dud though which is kind but i reckon he'll be throwing out the dead wood next round. I know everyone is calling for his head but I actually think he is a decent coach and was brave to take on a team in such a mess. What would you guys do if you were him?
look I’m pretty pissed I’ve never seen us so inferior in the thirty plus years I’ve followed them I should know better older and wiser trouble is I have hindsight my dogs never gave up never threw the towel in it’s difficult to watch

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We should of made a play for Ivan Cleary when we had the chance.
What success has Cleary had?
Did nothing at the Warriors, was sacked by Penrith, did nothing at the Tigers, got thrown a lifeline by the Panthers again, largely because of his son and they’re hardly setting the world on fire so far in 2019. If we ever seriously considered or spoke to Cleary as the Dogs coach then we dodged a bullet.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken a serious look at how Jackson seems to have gone backwards under Pay. Jackson is still a top player in the NRL and in the top 5 backrowers easily but man he seems to have bad games here and there a bit too much. Not saying today as he seemed to be one of the few having a dig. But round 1 average last year a lot of games where is was just not the JJ we are used to seeing. Pay has fucked him by playing him 2nd row, lock, prop and moving him from one side to the other every game. Pay is a dumb **** or the highest order. Moves on Mbye, Woods, Jmoz and Bmoz. Yet he resigns low fucks like JMK and Licha. Then plays Holland & Montoya in the centres who are shit and puts Elliot on the leadership group like fuck me. Rant over.........for now.
I’m really not sure Jacko would be in the top 5 back rowers he’s been dropping down the pecking order for a while now.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I’m really not sure Jacko would be in the top 5 back rowers he’s been dropping down the pecking order for a while now.
Sorry I meant on his day. Agreed Jackson is dropping at an alarming rate I do feel Pay has not helped him remotely and seriously contributed to his downward spiral

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I embarrassed myself in court and represented my clients, like these frauds represent our colors.
First, I would have been admonished by the judge and king hit by the client, with a swift kick in the nuts for good measure.
Then, I would have been disbarred by the NSW Bar Association, whilst wearing the pointy dunce hat and boxer shorts in the corner.
And finally to put me out of my misery, I'm deported on a leaky boat to a small deserted island with one coconut tree, Tolman's photo and a darts set, to never be seen again.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate tell me a coach that could make montoya a nrl centre...
Have holland as our number 1 centre
Forward pack that doesn’t make metres
Halves that have no idea
Wayne Bennett cross with Craig Bellamy couldn’t get this team out of the shit
José Mourinho lol

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What was everyone expecting with a team like this. Tbh I saw this coming. We're shit and strong favourites for the spoon.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its time for a new coach?

Considering there is nothing in both attack and defence along with the moronic choices of players in certain positions I doubt there is any dispute that the "better now than later" approach needs to implemented.

There is just too much evidence to show Pay struggles at an NRL head coach level. Ridiculous recruitment and retention such as releasing Bergamin for Crighton. Opting for Meaney over many other when we are in real need of a actual NRL level FB. Grabbing one of the best right edge backrowers coming through and turning him into a middle forward.

In regards to structures and positional decisions, where do I start? How do you enter the NRL season without a centre, then make that decision even worse by putting someone there who is exactly NOT what a centre is. Why do you have one of your best line runners in ISP and the other on the bench?? Why do you think it is a good idea to put two players that have been injured for the last yr and had no game time ( Foran, RFM ) next to each other? Why move Jackson and Holland to the left edge when they were our right edge last yr?? Why not move Jacko to the middle as HE IS THE BEST LOCK AT THE CLUB and our middle needs more! What the fcuk is going on with our bench?

How about TODAY! 30-10 down and after the middle is opened like a can of tuna, Pay still has Lichaa on the bench?! LMAO!

Yes the guy has done well to set up a culture and is probably good with players but his not NRL level. Way out of his depth and we are in the deep end!
I agree with everything you said, except JJ being the best lock in the club.
JJ would have made a great lock pre 2008 when the lock doubled as a defensive five-eight. But locks in the modern game are a third ball playing prop forward.
Players currently playing lock are Taumololo, Gallen, Sam Burgess, De Belin, Taukeiako, Eisenhuth, Liu, Papali, Trbojevic, Taupau and Sao. Big strong players that weigh over 108 kgs. That was the reason why old Des experimented with Klemmer at lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.