Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I see you are still a learner in the household stakes. They only thing better about my lounge area is a 75 inch instead of a 55.

The lounge is downstairs and the this bedroom is upstairs. It has an ensuite and a small fridge that just happens to be full, a lounge and a very comfy bed. They think I am giving them space to watch chick flicks so they think I am thoughtful. Therefore me and the dog get periodic snacks delivered while we watch 3 games of footy and have a punt….

I am pretty sure I know who rules the roost bud :tearsofjoy:
You’re in marketing, right? :tearsofjoy:.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Flanagan was/is not allowed to be a head coach before 2022. He was never an option (thankfully).
I would of kept Pay for another year at the time. I didn't think Barrett was a big enough upgrade (probably a big reason why we've got Burton and JAC tho) and Flanagan was the only top coach I could see as a realistic option.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I see you are still a learner in the household stakes. They only thing better about my lounge area is a 75 inch instead of a 55.

The lounge is downstairs and the this bedroom is upstairs. It has an ensuite and a small fridge that just happens to be full, a lounge and a very comfy bed. They think I am giving them space to watch chick flicks so they think I am thoughtful. Therefore me and the dog get periodic snacks delivered while we watch 3 games of footy and have a punt….

I am pretty sure I know who rules the roost bud :tearsofjoy:
Baz if that TV is 55 inches then my cock is 3 metres long

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz if that TV is 55 inches then my cock is 3 metres long
Just my piss poor photography horse. LG 55 that I proudly bought from the Good Guys about 5 years ago. It use to be downstairs in the family room but I kindly donated it to our guests.

If your cock is 3 metres long you drink more than I do. Get some help.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m kidding mate they were under 10’s.. :tearsofjoy: What’s the point, are you saying if you haven’t coached the game at a high level you can’t possibly have an opinion? I played the game and have watched it for over 45 years, does that not count for a view?
It does Baz. Don’t muzzle up your views and opinions. It’s why we read TK.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get an actual NRL coach. We literally picked up the coach with the worst record in game lol.
I agree, you can sit around and not make changes. But we will end up with more of the same. Our coach needs to step up and coach, whatever players he has. I’m more than happy to have egg on my face if Barrett proves me wrong, but I don’t think so. If you had a Wayne Bennett type coaching our club, you might not win every game. But you would definitely be competing every week.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m not a Barrett Fan but Des isn’t even close to being on the great coaches list.

Dessies success across the years are all based on short term vision. With a Couldn’t care less about the fallout.

He ruined Manly for years with backend deals & then we took him and let him do the same with us.

His way is all about the now.Screw the consequences.

Stacking his roster. Paying players that are worth say $500k only $300k this year but in three years time we will pay you $900k.

From a Salary cap stand point it gives him a very short window with a stacked roster for success.

Because I’m a couple of years time he cripples the club. With a team full of hugely overpaid average players.

Des along with the administration that gave him the keys to our club at the time. Will go down in the Clubs history as one of if not the lowest times in our history.
Des is only "good" when he has a freak player IE Turbo and Barba

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it bizarre a few on this site are sticking up for Barrett. He seems like a really nice bloke. But the buck always stops with the coach. When your on your way to a wooden spoon, of course people are going to have doubts on your coaching ability. I find some of his press conferences unusual, in particular in regards to players being sent off. Rather than getting the players to adapt to the rules this year, he will state he disagrees with the referees. What he doesn’t realise is if the actions and habits of his players don’t change. There are certain players (Hetherington, Napa) who won’t play many games out for the rest of the year. The coach needs to get the players on board and change their approach because it’s effecting the team win success rate on a Weekly basis. As for our halves combinations. Barrett was a former half, can he not try and influence the halves in a more effective manner. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong (including me).

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des is only "good" when he has a freak player IE Turbo and Barba
He finds players who will stay in their lane who play well with specific limited directions and give the three or four quality players ie turbo dce foran, free reign. It worked well in 2012 with barba, works well with turbo.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yours looks to only be about 40.....

View attachment 28436

And your not even watchin the fuckin footy..

and where's that 3 metre cock you were raving about...?
I’d love to post it up mate but I’m sure one of TK’s very incompetent moderators will slap me with a ban for it.

Now go easy on the cheek otherwise I’ll have to ask your wife to discipline you further. I’ve heard the next spot she’ll punt you to is the outside recliner. Too cold outside for that

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d love to post it up mate but I’m sure one of TK’s very incompetent moderators will slap me with a ban for it.

Now go easy on the cheek otherwise I’ll have to ask your wife to discipline you further. I’ve heard the next spot she’ll punt you to is the outside recliner. Too cold outside for that
In the garage…hahahaha mate that is my favourite hidey hole. Plenty of toys in there and another telly to watch the footy :tearsofjoy:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s what I think too. Dessy is a bloody lucky bloke to get two players that make him look good
I think his 2008 premiership winning blitz disproves this. There was no out and out superstars in that lineup.

I hate the man for the state that he left our club in. But he is a capable coach

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his 2008 premiership winning blitz disproves this. There was no out and out superstars in that lineup.

I hate the man for the state that he left our club in. But he is a capable coach
Actually you are right in 2008, but 2012 he was lucky he had Barba who lifted the rest of the players with his enthusiasm - that was massive what Barba did for the club. The current Manly club are lifting with what Tommy Turbo is doing. To prove his value, when he was out with injury and rep duties earlier this year, they didn’t go that well. It’s amazing what certain people add to a team, the X-Factor. You can’t coach that.