Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pharkinbarrettitis-21!
Mate do I need a vax or have to wear a mask?? :tearsofjoy:.

The biggest issue I see with your Skeletor theory is Khoury. He was on the board that agreed to hire Barrett, even before he was Chair. You can be assured he’s going to give him every chance to succeed (or enough rope to fail) and Gus’ appointment is likely part of that. Remember that Gus’ agreement with Skeletor ended in him getting pushed out of Penrith, so I don’t see that scenario repeating itself - not yet anyway.

We’ll see mate. I’m not specifically pro-Barrett like I wasn’t pro-Pay in the sense that I want what makes the Bulldogs win. I just don’t believe in scapegoats when they are not the only issue. If Barrett can’t make us win with who we’ve recruited we’ll know sooner rather than later and obviously there would be a change lined up by that time. I just don’t see it happening for the start of 2022, end of.
Fair enough mate. Just of of curiosity though, do you get many spinners in your bum…?

Just kidding. But for the record I have not said it will happen before 2022. That’s why I suggested the hashtag #hirebennettascoachingdirectorandsackbarrettnextyear.
8-)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
#hirebennettascoachingdirectorandsackbarrettnextyear.
#ICan’tReadBaz’HastagsHeDoesn’tUseCaps :-).

Pragmatism, not splinters.

PS: Don’t we already have a ‘Coaching Director’: Gus?

PPS: You hire anyone else now you’re deliberately undermining Barrett and effectively telling him he’s gone. I don’t see how that works at this point.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe he will throw his toys out and resign.
Doubt it mate. Put yourself in his shoes.
You’ve got 2 years left on a (likely) lucrative contract. You don’t know where (if anywhere) your next gig comes from. He will have to be pushed, he won’t jump.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs to inspire, talk of his highlights, squeeze the best out of them and unleash the tackle masters like men possessed who want to be remembered for bravery, not the worst ever.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Barrett will be pushed after next year if we're not near our realistic expectations (12th imo, if we're in contention for the wooden spoon again he's gone) and there's little to no improvement (again). There also has to be someone better available and besides Shane Flanagan (who I would of signed to replace Pay) I can't think of anyone (maybe John Morris). I'm really close to being in the sack Barrett camp now but I'm holding off a little bit longer until I see how next year goes.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doubt it mate. Put yourself in his shoes.
You’ve got 2 years left on a (likely) lucrative contract. You don’t know where (if anywhere) your next gig comes from. He will have to be pushed, he won’t jump.
Oh well, he can make sure Wayne’s hot water bottles are rotated properly and always top up his Metamucil. :tearsofjoy:

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett will be pushed after next year if we're not near our realistic expectations (12th imo, if we're in contention for the wooden spoon again he's gone) and there's little to no improvement (again). There also has to be someone better available and besides Shane Flanagan (who I would of signed to replace Pay) I can't think of anyone (maybe John Morris). I'm really close to being in the sack Barrett camp now but I'm holding off a little bit longer until I see how next year goes.
Hope its not Flanigan cause you will see Kyle in the team every week.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan was/is not allowed to be a head coach before 2022. He was never an option (thankfully).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who rules the roost?
Nevermind, it’s been answered :tearsofjoy:.
I see you are still a learner in the household stakes. They only thing better about my lounge area is a 75 inch instead of a 55.

The lounge is downstairs and the this bedroom is upstairs. It has an ensuite and a small fridge that just happens to be full, a lounge and a very comfy bed. They think I am giving them space to watch chick flicks so they think I am thoughtful. Therefore me and the dog get periodic snacks delivered while we watch 3 games of footy and have a punt….

I am pretty sure I know who rules the roost bud :tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see you are still a learner in the household stakes. They only thing better about my lounge area is a 75 inch instead of a 55.

The lounge is downstairs and the this bedroom is upstairs. It has an ensuite and a small fridge that just happens to be full, a lounge and a very comfy bed. They think I am giving them space to watch chick flicks so they think I am thoughtful. Therefore me and the dog get periodic snacks delivered while we watch 3 games of footy and have a punt….

I am pretty sure I know who rules the roost bud :tearsofjoy:
P.S my Italian missus is making home made pizza for dinner which should be delivered to mini baz and I around kick off time for the Eels v Manly game..