• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So according to several people on here, Burton & JAC have get out clauses if Barrett is not the coach. Can anybody confirm this? I say this is bull crap.

It is certainly too early to sack Barrett, but he has to show the players who is in charge & the consequences of not putting in. If they are not putting in on the field then you get whipped on the training paddock. What do the players prefer? Do it Trent - make the threat & follow through. You will soon see that they don't like to get flogged on the training paddock. But when they do start to improve, stroke their ego. Tell them in front of the group they are doing well & ease up on THESE players. This strategy works I tell you.

Otherwise Trent will be a assistant coach for the rest of his career.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t believe Barrett should be sacked but the club is going to have to announce some major player signings in all key areas ASAP or there’s going to be some big shit hit the fan. The fans deserve better than this. Also identify the players that won’t be at the club next year eg. Hoppa and give them a Mounties jersey for the rest of the year.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett may be a great assistant coach but he is defiantly not a head coach.
Manly went backwards under him and we are the same.

Sack him and throw big dollars at Bellamy or Robinson, it would cost $1,500,000 a season but with the winning culture these blokes would bring the money would be returned in sponsorship and ticket sales. Everyone wants to be associated with winners not spooners.
Do you honestly believe that Robinson could coach these players to do better? These players just do not have it. I think you’re forgetting Robinson had unlimited salary cap to work with (Tedesco, Cronk, etc)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So according to several people on here, Burton & JAC have get out clauses if Barrett is not the coach. Can anybody confirm this? I say this is bull crap.

It is certainly too early to sack Barrett, but he has to show the players who is in charge & the consequences of not putting in. If they are not putting in on the field then you get whipped on the training paddock. What do the players prefer? Do it Trent - make the threat & follow through. You will soon see that they don't like to get flogged on the training paddock. But when they do start to improve, stroke their ego. Tell them in front of the group they are doing well & ease up on THESE players. This strategy works I tell you.

Otherwise Trent will be a assistant coach for the rest of his career.
You know I have bulletproof insiders and they have claimed that's all bullshit.

IIRC I'm sure the nrlol has banned those types of contracts.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe that Robinson could coach these players to do better? These players just do not have it. I think you’re forgetting Robinson had unlimited salary cap to work with (Tedesco, Cronk, etc)
Robinson Is another fraud.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesnt matter how smart your boss is, if 1/3 the work force is dumb as fuck you wont achieve much.
How many times we read on hear the last 3 years how dumb this team is.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game awareness of our spine is as bad as I have ever seen in 32 years of watching footy, I can't work out why they kept kicking to feldt wing instead of the other side, also the line speed in defence is not nrl standard, cowboys(horrible team) were making 70-80 metres most sets, fuckn unbelievable

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I googled Matt Burton get out clause & got this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fox and Burton probably dont have Baz clauses but its not a stretch to imagine he was the major reason they signed.

If they arc up or get their managers running to DT, Buzz etc for a release, then the club is stuffed.

Who wants to take the risk?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We 100% have the worst roster and worst coach in the league. Combine all the shit c***s and you have 0-6 and staring down a winless season.
I’ve been supporting this great club since the early eighties and would have to say it’s just outright embarrassing
We have players with no pride in our jersey which disgusts me.
I feel like the management should refund our 15,000 members including myself
Got no intention of attending another game this season,pathetic

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’ve been supporting this great club since the early eighties and would have to say it’s just outright embarrassing
We have players with no pride in our jersey which disgusts me.
I feel like the management should refund our 15,000 members including myself
Got no intention of attending another game this season,pathetic
It's fucking sad reading that. Our 08 team would put 60 on these fraud fuckers.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone blaming the coach and can't see it's the players is dumb as fuck. It's a great IQ test.
Exactly,wardell 2 errors they score 2 tries ,winger katoa dropped ball try, 18 points deduct that and we win game,the coach doesn’t drop the balls,the coach doesn’t miss tackles.look at the big picture.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox and Burton probably dont have Baz clauses but its not a stretch to imagine he was the major reason they signed.

If they arc up or get their managers running to DT, Buzz etc for a release, then the club is stuffed.

The last thing we need is these two guys reneging on their contracts.
Can we please not even bring this up in conversation,it would be a nightmare

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Me

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Barrett is too soft of a coach players done give a shit because they know he will do nothing. We need a hard arse in charge we should of got Griffin but we can still get Shane Flanagan. I think great coaches like Bennett & Bellemy have so much success is because players are shit scared of putting in a crappy performance because they know what they will cop it lol.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks mate good to hear reason.
This is the coach bringing Burton & JAC.
Yes things will turn around thanks for the positive.
JAC’s only other option was Tigers. He has been there and sampled that basket case. He also signed before we regressed further down a black hole this season. He will be getting paid well, so I don’t really buy the Barrett attraction phenomenon. Insert just about any coach and if the price is right- Tigers or Dogs? He wanted to come to Sydney. No brainer.

Burton is still very young, plenty of growing to do. What’s bringing him? Yes he is familiar with Barrett, but the price is right too...

Dogs have money to spend.

Things I have concerns about:

- Any coach will improve on this debacle with an open cheque book. Any coach. Is Barrett really the man for the job?
- Barrett has failed to get the best out of these guys - they are playing terrible football.
- I still argue that there is as much talent in this squad as last years squad (prob more) than Pay and Georgallis has at their disposal.
- Cowboys were very ordinary today. Poor decisions, Val Holmes in the worst form I have ever seen, very little direction, ordinary kicking game, poor decision making by halves etc.
- People still content with blaming Des Hasler for how this team plays week to week.

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least Barrett gives a fuck and showing emotion on the sideline, I don’t remember any other coach we’ve had sit on the sidelines recently