• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I will stick to my word and have a break from the Kennel. After witnessing dire performances and inept first grade coaching I've had enough of Barrett and all the false hope surrounding this massive ex-Manly dud. He has not nailed recruitment and you can see the statistical analysis I've done on Pay vs Barrett thread highlighting how far backwards we've gone. We've gone backwards with an open cheque book of new signings, that is unacceptable.

I said we would lose to the Cowboys and I've been consistent on the fact that Barrett is a total fraud for many weeks now.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether we like it or not, wouldn't mind betting old man Flanagan's name has been mentioned as potential coach for 2022...especially if this keeps up.

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
Barrett may be a great assistant coach but he is defiantly not a head coach.
Manly went backwards under him and we are the same.

Sack him and throw big dollars at Bellamy or Robinson, it would cost $1,500,000 a season but with the winning culture these blokes would bring the money would be returned in sponsorship and ticket sales. Everyone wants to be associated with winners not spooners.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
his problem is he is trying to bring a canned pre packaged style to the team. He also doesnt understand squad composition or the value of experience
This is true.

He can’t get this team going.

They started playing better with 12, because they knew they had nothing to lose.

It’s like they threw the game plan out the window.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone blaming the coach and can't see it's the players is dumb as fuck. It's a great IQ test.
No I actually blame the coach. He can’t get the players up and can’t get them showing any pride in the jersey. Yes we have a shit roster. No one is questioning that. But compare this team to the teams under Pay. They were lacking talent. But they had grit. They played for each other. They played for the coach. They played for the jersey.

What I’ve seen this season. There’s no grit. There’s no pride in the jersey. That’s on the coach. He needs to have his players ready for games. Why did it take until Hetherington getting sent off to fire up?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's not getting fired anytime soon and while there were positive signs after the send off, some of his recruitment, selection and rotation decisions raise a lot of questions. As does the constant focus on side to side attack and horrible defence.

So there's still time for him to turn things around, but he needs to take responsibility and make drastic changes to the lineup however limited it is right now.. He needs to get the team to play more direct with the ball.

If things don't improve soon, it's going to be hard to justify keeping him next season and beyond no matter how patient the board and chairman want to be or how much they like Barrett..

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will be here for the this year and judged on next year. The Jury will have to wait until the first 5 or 6 rounds next year with the key signings. Unfortunately we suck right now.