RYAN MATTERSON ON NEWS TODAY WANTING OUT

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Attached is screenshot of todays News

THEN I WENT DIGGING AND FOUND THIS STORY FROM 3 WEEKS AGO

Link: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/430012b1d4a4583b2ca0e7f542be1a03

BARRETT EYES NEXT TARGET
The Bulldogs are not done with their signing spree with new coach Trent Barrett keeping tabs on the player market as he continues to build his pack.
Next on his hit list is Eels star Ryan Matterson, according to Wide World of Sports.
Matterson has an option to stay at Parramatta in his favour for 2022 but WWOS says the 26-year-old is keen to play with his younger brother, Dean, who is signed to the Mounties.
Canterbury struck a deal with the Mounties to become their NSW Cup feeder club but Dean would need to be elevated to the Bulldogs’ top 30 squad before the brothers’ dream of playing together could even become possible.
If Barrett could make it happen, the Bulldogs would be Matterson’s fourth club in seven years.Screenshot_20210317-060937_Chrome.jpg

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s a good backrower, but I’d say we’re all thinking the same thing, is he chasing the coin? will he be worth it? Is he a long term investment?

Im not exactly buying he wants to play with his brother... even Benji chased the coin and he’s already set-up for life, add to that he a bigger chance of playing regular first grade and actually playing with his brother than Matterson.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we sign him you’ll see the same story in a few years that he wants out of the Bulldogs to go somewhere else.
And his brother is a fucking bum too

People go on about Matterson having 3 or 4 clubs in 7 years. His brothers had 3 NSW Cup teams in 3 years also.

Not going to make it, unless they wanna play reserve grade together thats the best they can hope for

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely, 2 big bodied props and a hooker are a must really. Just had to see the impact AFB had on the weekend...
AFB would've been perfect for us, not sure if we were even chance or interested? Tamou another handy option. We were more interested in Waddell and Hetherington though so whatever.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
AFB would've been perfect for us, not sure if we were even chance or interested? Tamou another handy option. We were more interested in Waddell and Hetherington though so whatever.
Funny you say that.

4 players that I consider my “favs” outside the dogs.

Jac, staggs, b Smith and afb lol.

Love everything about their games.

When afb thing came up it’s exactly who we needed though word is he wanted out of Sydney and only reason manly agreed to release him. Spewing.

I think Thompson on field will help heaps!

Was over the moon with Jac. If we land 1 or both of staggs and b Smith fuckkkk lol. Half my fav players in our squad is enough for me to get hard.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Great edge back rower but is this guy ever going to settle down.. I’d be very weary of paying him big $$. Seems to get upset too easy.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another back rower!! It’s the middle we need to bolster not our edges. And 4 clubs in 7 years makes me wonder wtf is going on with this guy. I say no thanks.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has 2022 as an option in his favour so he has every right to gauge interest. It’s different to him being released from tigers

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell showed nothing, Hetho was good for us & will be.
He would have even more impact if he was teamed up with a bowling ball type prop like Junior P or AFB.
Not saying they are available, just that type of hard running, hard to bring to the ground road train!