RYAN MATTERSON ON NEWS TODAY WANTING OUT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Waddell showed nothing, Hetho was good for us & will be.
He would have even more impact if he was teamed up with a bowling ball type prop like Junior P or AFB.
Not saying they are available, just that type of hard running, hard to bring to the ground road train!
He wasn't good, he was below average at absolute best. Ogden out carried him in less minutes, Renouf almost out tackled him in half the minutes...all he did was run around and wave his arms around ffs.

He's a bench player at best and I'm not even convinced he's a prop after seeing him play his best footy on an edge for the warriors. We didn't need him, we needed a big boy to partner Thompson and not a bloke of a big contract because he has a famous name and got into a fight with JWH.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Risky given his history .!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Completely forgot jr Paulo. Agree him/afb type prop is lacking badly. Sadly though afb just signed and can’t see Paulo leaving again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just a question about Mounties, now they are our feeder club, does that mean all grades/ages become Dogs feeders and play in the Bulldogs district?

If yes then I'm moving my boy there next year and out of the Parra district.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some of us celebrate way too early, some criticize too soon !
We have to trust the current group of players and coaching staff
But our priorities have never changed
In this order we need quality
1. Hooker
2. Pop * Bulldozer *
3. Center
The question remains...Who will survive from the 15 none contracted players ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need a hooker and prop before a second rower. I'd also rather us take a gamble on Piakura for 1/2 of the price (at most). According to an article on NRL(.com) Matterson is on 500k a year. 700-800k for Matterson might be worth it if it was the last position we had to fill for our team (it isn't). I'd like us to also play Doorey so we know what we got in a player there (going off last year I don't really understand why he keeps being left out).

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn't good, he was below average at absolute best. Ogden out carried him in less minutes, Renouf almost out tackled him in half the minutes...all he did was run around and wave his arms around ffs.

He's a bench player at best and I'm not even convinced he's a prop after seeing him play his best footy on an edge for the warriors. We didn't need him, we needed a big boy to partner Thompson and not a bloke of a big contract because he has a famous name and got into a fight with JWH.
Don’t know which game u were watching,heatherington and Elliot,were our 2 best forwards by a country mile,renouf &ogden were terrible,2 overrated logs.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hooker
2. Pop * Bulldozer *
3. Center
Not many,maybe 2 of that list,and on reduced money,

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t know which game u were watching,heatherington and Elliot,were our 2 best forwards by a country mile,renouf &ogden were terrible,2 overrated logs.
Elliott definitely, I think Hetherington was decent using the eye test (and better looking than the rest of our forwards besides Elliott) but his stats are terrible and always have been.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hetherington was shit. Big minutes, low workrate, low impact. Imagine playing a whole 30 minutes more than Renouf and only managing 3 more runs and 3 more tackles lololol. Hetherington getting any sort of praise for that performance is actually laughable.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliott definitely, I think Hetherington was decent using the eye test (and better looking than the rest of our forwards besides Elliott) but his stats are terrible and always have been.
The eye test made me ask what the actual fuck was Hetherington doing? Probably the fastest prop in the game yet has 0 idea how to use his speed and just runs directly at the defender and gets smashed lol. TK loves that sort of low IQ play.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah we don’t need Matto. let’s just persist with Waddell , Elliott, Stimson , Britt , chris smith . They will come good eventually .... right ....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nah we don’t need Matto. let’s just persist with Waddell , Elliott, Stimson , Britt , chris smith . They will come good eventually .... right ....
Matterson's better than everyone we've got but Elliott and RFM are more than good enough to be starting second rowers in the NRL. At least 'do the job' and even quality at times (compared to other second rowers). We also have Doorey who has potential. The rest you named aren't good enough on an edge (Britt and Smith aren't edges imo).

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Hooker
2. Pop * Bulldozer *
3. Center
Agreed.

Barrett knows we need props and a hooker, so he'll get some that he thinks fit.

He knew we needed a spine, so he went out and got us a two halves and a FB. He tried to get that damaging prop in Leniu but we missed out. So he IS trying to get what we need.

I'm not worried.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed.

Barrett knows we need props and a hooker, so he'll get some that he thinks fit.

He knew we needed a spine, so he went out and got us a two halves and a FB. He tried to get that damaging prop in Leniu but we missed out. So he IS trying to get what we need.

I'm not worried.
I'm worried.