RYAN MATTERSON ON NEWS TODAY WANTING OUT

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm worried.
Why? Lol

Not only did he address the spine, he tried to get a prop that we all like. We can't get them all.

He also signed the best young talent we have, Avo, Wakeham and now Alomoti.

I know you're going to say something about Hetherington and Waddell, but they're peanut signings and depth. Hell Get a prop or and a hooker.

The fact he was going for Leniu, shows us he knows what we need.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed.

Barrett knows we need props and a hooker, so he'll get some that he thinks fit.

He knew we needed a spine, so he went out and got us a two halves and a FB. He tried to get that damaging prop in Leniu but we missed out. So he IS trying to get what we need.

I'm not worried.
For the first time in a long time we have management, board members, coach and coaching staff working together as one !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why? Lol

Not only did he address the spine, he tried to get a prop that we all like. We can't get them all.

He also signed the best young talent we have, Avo, Wakeham and now Alomoti.

I know you're going to say something about Hetherington and Waddell, but they're peanut signings and depth. Hell Get a prop or and a hooker.

The fact he was going for Leniu, shows us he knows what we need.
Maybe we'd have a real prop if he didn't have Hetherington boner.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That would be assuming Hetherington is on big dollars. I don't think he is. Because I look at ALL the other signings we've made and all these big dollars mentioned have been bullshit.

And AFB used the wanting to get of Sydney card, to get away from Manly.

I still think Barrett is recruiting well. If you think of Hetheringron and Waddell as bench players instead of starters it's good imo. They won't be starting when he's finished recruiting. Waddell isn't even starting now, and neither will Hetherington once Thompson comes back. Or maybe he will because Ofa and Atoninare meh too. But once the full recruitment drive is finished, they won't be starting.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And I would have liked Tamou too, but Barretts recruiting looks to based around youth. Plus we don't know how much legs Tamou has left.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tamou wouldn't be like he was like with the Panthers anyway. The rest of that pack were ascending. He was good for THEM. They had Harris, Kikau Yeo Martin all ascending. Us? Just bit part players.

As the major meter eater for US? Not thanks.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matterson seems comfortable with being disruptive at wherever he is. I'd much prefer to go for some of the younger forwards. Penrith and Canberra have got plenty and they won't be able to afford them all for long.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And I would have liked Tamou too, but Barretts recruiting looks to based around youth. Plus we don't know how much legs Tamou has left.
Buy good youth then. I'm never going to like the Hetherington signing, especially with TK jerking off over him like they did with Reynolds.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buy good youth then. I'm never going to like the Hetherington signing, especially with TK jerking off over him like they did with Reynolds.
But he has, other that him in your opinion. I havnt really seen enough of him to say he's good or bad.

Allen
JAC
Burton
Flanno
Avo
Wakeham
Alomoti
All good youth.

Hetherington, imo to young to judge now.
Waddell, was a good youth, but looks no where near what he was. But as I say they're just bit part players, everyone has them.

We're just unlucky atm because we were left in the shitter and they have to play big minutes now.

Leniu was a good youth player. Couldn't get it over the line.

I personally think Hetherington will surprise you like Thompson.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hetherington has been the only one we can get out of their club. At least we aint the dragons trying to buy every dud forward on the market

Cant wait until the players chair him out when we play at Belmore next lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bunty Afoa is worth considering and off contract after this year. Runs hard and usually makes 10 metres a run. Has some leg drive after first contact too (unlike Napa)

Last edited:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matterson's better than everyone we've got but Elliott and RFM are more than good enough to be starting second rowers in the NRL. At least 'do the job' and even quality at times (compared to other second rowers). We also have Doorey who has potential. The rest you named aren't good enough on an edge (Britt and Smith aren't edges imo).
Matto is better then Elliott and RFM. Matto will be a mainstay for the blues and crack a green and gold jersey. Elliott has peaked at County and All stars rep honours.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Matto is better then Elliott and RFM. Matto will be a mainstay for the blues and crack a green and gold jersey. Elliott has peaked at County and All stars rep honours.
Elliott hasn't peaked and he would of gone close to making the NSW team last year with the injuries they had. Even if he doesn't he's in a good bracket of second rowers (I would of said locks previously). I said Matterson is better than anyone we have, but that doesn't mean we go out and spend 700-800k on a second rower when we're fine there and have other areas that drastically need improvement (not second row). I also don't think Matterson will be a mainstay in either sides you mentioned. He's also a good footballer ability wise but his heart and aggression isn't in it the same as other players.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And his brother is a fucking bum too

People go on about Matterson having 3 or 4 clubs in 7 years. His brothers had 3 NSW Cup teams in 3 years also.

Not going to make it, unless they wanna play reserve grade together thats the best they can hope for
Sums it up perfectly. Ryan's a talented slut, Dean's a neville.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
‘Fans will burn the joint down’: Matterson warned over flirting with rival clubs

The Eels need a big game from Ryan Matterson against Melbourne on Thursday night. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur expects backrower Ryan Matterson to stay at the Eels despite reports that Matterson‘s manager circulated an email last week asking interested clubs to come forward.

The Eels are facing another contract fight as they prepare for their blockbuster against Melbourne on Thursday night after it emerged Matterson’s representatives had contacted rival clubs about the boom forward, who has a player option in his contract next season.

The 26-year-old is only in his second year at the Eels, having departed the Wests Tigers in challenging circumstances at the end of the 2019 season.

However Matterson has been warned by Paul Kent that if he keeps switching clubs, he’ll put fans offside all across the league.

“The (Eels) fans will burn the joint down (if he leaves),” Kent said on NRL 360 Wednesday night.

James Hooper agreed, adding: “the optics aren’t good”.

Ryan Matterson’s management have contacted rival clubs trying to canvas interest. Picture: Brendon Thorne/Getty Images

Matterson is one of several big-name players at the Eels who are off contract at the end of the season, the group headlined by halfback Mitch Moses and NSW backrower Nathan Brown.

Arthur conceded he wasn’t aware of the email from Matterson’s management but was confident the club could secure the rising second-rower on a long-term deal.

“We want Matto to stay,” Arthur said.

“Look, I think he is more than comfortable here in the environment that we’ve put around him.

“He likes the playing group and at the end of the day the players have got to do what is best for them, but I’m sure Matto knows what is best for him is to stay here.

“I’ll probably talk to him about it next week, but I’m sure if he wants to talk to me about it he will, but I’m more than comfortable that Ryan wants to stay at the club.

“We’re happy with the squad we’ve got. It is hard to keep everyone, but that is our goal.”

Arthur, a former Storm assistant and 20s coach, knows his Eels will have to be at their best to beat the might of Melbourne on Thursday night.

“They have a great system, and they are well coached,” he said.

“Anyone that is going to take Melbourne lightly or doesn’t expect them to be at their best every week is probably watching a different game to me.”

The Eels were slow out of the blocks in their season opener against Brisbane, trailing 16-0 before surging home to win.

Arthur wants his side to be better in the first half against the Storm, especially in the forwards.

“With our start (against Brisbane), it wasn’t a lack of effort,” he said.

“It was more an impatient mentality and we just didn’t build our game and earn the right to play a bit of footy.

“I don’t want to take away the footy from them, but we’ve still got to lay a platform and we didn’t do that.”

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Need to fill other positions before another back rower joins

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope. This is the sort of guy who will jump from club to club just to get the best pay day. I would rather have players that would die for the jersey than the dollar.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can he want out? He only just got there. Shorter stay than we had with Aaron Woods