Russia vs Ukraine

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably accurate. More Ukrainians have died but they're putting up one hell of a fight. Russia has started asking for volunteers from other countries because they're running low on troops.
Wasn't it reported they amassed 130, 000 on the border ?
Why would 7000 cause them such shortages if that was the case ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that referring to North, Central and South?

How come that doesn't work with "The Africas"?

English Is fkn weird lol
The whole of the American continent.

It is weird though. I think we've always just considered Africa to be the one joined continent. Many even get confused and think Africa is a country. While America, Mexico, Canada, are clearly defined countries (with South America being a little more confusing)

It's all weird.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't it reported they amassed 130, 000 on the border ?
Why would 7000 cause them such shortages if that was the case ?
I think it's more a case that they're trying to strangle them. They created a massive line to block off all exits. This was blocking supplies and preventing civilians from leaving. So my guess is that Ukrainian forces targeted part of that line.

It's a smart tactic when you're up against insurmountable odds. Target the smallest group you can find and kill as many as possible. The survivors will tell everyone else what happened and that will destroy enemy morale.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently the 7,000 figure is based on US intelligence which is mainly based on guess work, news reports, etc.

Russia are saying that they lost around 500, Ukraine are saying that it's around 14,000

The major factor in the figure (if accurate) seems to be that Ukraine is using advanced weapons provided by Western countries. Russia also has advanced weapons but in limited supply. There's reports troops are being armed with old weapons and old tanks because this conflict is dragging out too long.

Keep in mind that Putin gave the order that Russian troops must take Kyiv by any means necessary in the next few days. That was several weeks ago.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I know
Tassie sort of answered which makes some sense

But where did these figures come from ?
I think Hackey explained above?

US intelligence which has been pretty good so far in all honesty? Seems somewhat in the middle of what both sides are saying

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Hackey explained above?

US intelligence which has been pretty good so far in all honesty? Seems somewhat in the middle of what both sides are saying
But it's all conjecture, the ol play down your own numbers and beef up the opponents, I don't rust the numbers being reported.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But it's all conjecture, the ol play down your own numbers and beef up the opponents, I don't rust the numbers being reported.
It's most certainly not accurate. But I would say that the 7,000 is much more accurate than the figures being reported by Ukraine and Russia.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score