Russia vs Ukraine

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There seems to be a pattern here.

In the religious threads I get told that I don't accept God because I can't "accept the truth"

In political threads I get told that I don't accept Trump as God because I can't "accept the truth"

Maybe.. Just maybe... "truth" is actually a subjective belief based on nothing but hope

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Putin gets away with it will embolden Xi. Imagine trying to sanction China with our levels of debt & inflation.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What worries me is simple. Either this has been badly planned or there's something more to this. Convoys running out of fuel, soldiers being filmed saying not knowing where they need to be, significant targets not having enough resources applied to get an outcome. And you would assume Russia has great intel and an opportunity to plant infiltrators.

If this is some sort of long game, then what comes next might be very scary.
I legitimately feel Putin underestimated how heavy the sanctions would be and severely overestimated his ability to subjugate Ukraine. The problem is when you start chucking bombs and costing lives you essentially push everyone that was either on the fence or moderately supportive of you onto the other side. What he was doing with Crimea, Donbass and Luhansk were brilliant strategic moves because there was very little NATO or America could do about it, other than soft sanctions here and there. True annexation of land requires the populace to be compliant, dissenters to either be pushed out or killed and time to solidify your claim. It also requires to have as little bloodshed as possible. Despite what the media portrays there was a significant of Ukrainians that were leaning far more to Russia than NATO, it's just that you'll never hear these voices because it doesn't suit the current narrative, but with the advent of the horrors of war, these voices are most definitely getting significantly smaller.

It's why warmongering is the absolute worst because the majority of the world right now has forgotten what the horrors of war actually entails. It's not patriotic music, the beating of drums and honor. It's watching the place you love disappearing right before your eyes, watching the people around become nothing more than a bloody pile on the streets and watching as families are torn apart.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The military industrial complex was gagging to fund another war after they finished up in Afghanistan.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unlike Trump who praised Putin constantly then criticised Biden for not being tough enough on Putin.

I'm not a fan of Biden but there's not much else he could do. His hands are tied by international law and NATO regulations. Unless he wants to willingly commit war crimes and start a nuclear war.
It was trump who didn't allow Ukraine to build their defences ...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s more than slightly coincidental that no new wars started under Trump but they did under pretty much every single US president for many decades now.
That’s because no other POTUS had bone spurs :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No one is perfect, including Trump.
Yeah, not a great time for a real estate developer with a pretty crook track record with hundreds of millions in debt coming due and your primary source of laundered money is currently banned from world banks…

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, not a great time for a real estate developer with a pretty crook track record with hundreds of millions in debt coming due and your primary source of laundered money is currently banned from world banks…
wow, it sounds like you've been investigating Trump alongside pretty much every branch of the American justice system for the last few years.

Why don't you share with us all of the evidence you've gathered lol