Russia vs Ukraine

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Other than Chinese backing, it will be interesting to see if Russia taps further into the crypto and other forms of currencies to soften the blow to their economy.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hitler's case was a lot different. He actually had it pretty darn easy all the up until his ego got too big and he decided to invade the Soviet Union. In 3 years he basically conquered almost all of Europe, he had a lot of sympathizers in Western Europe since the ideology he promoted at the time was incredibly attractive to a lot of them.

Putin would've been smarter to play the long game, after he recognised the "independence" of Ukraine's renegade provinces he could've kept a portion of his army there and waited for the same thing to happen again, he managed to get Crimea with essentially little to no ill effect.
What worries me is simple. Either this has been badly planned or there's something more to this. Convoys running out of fuel, soldiers being filmed saying not knowing where they need to be, significant targets not having enough resources applied to get an outcome. And you would assume Russia has great intel and an opportunity to plant infiltrators.

If this is some sort of long game, then what comes next might be very scary.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sleepy Joe is at the wheel, Putin has seized the opportunity with that clown in charge
Unlike Trump who praised Putin constantly then criticised Biden for not being tough enough on Putin.

I'm not a fan of Biden but there's not much else he could do. His hands are tied by international law and NATO regulations. Unless he wants to willingly commit war crimes and start a nuclear war.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Unlike Trump who praised Putin constantly then criticised Biden for not being tough enough on Putin.

I'm not a fan of Biden but there's not much else he could do. His hands are tied by international law and NATO regulations. Unless he wants to willingly commit war crimes and start a nuclear war.
This entire mess is due to Russia being given strength through sudden European and American reliance on russias oil and gas exports.

Under Trump America was energy independent and as a result, Putin held very little power (or at least less than he does now). Since coming into power, Biden made it very clear that oil and gas won’t be produced domestically and instead America is going to pay Russia for theirs.

Also worth pointing out that even with sanctions now in place, America is still buying oil and gas from Russia. Why? Because Biden knows the small amount of political support he has left is from the ultra progressive types who worship the climate change gods. If he upsets them, his ~38% approval ratings would very quickly become 28%.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
This entire mess is due to Russia being given strength through sudden European and American reliance on russias oil and gas exports.

Under Trump America was energy independent and as a result, Putin held very little power (or at least less than he does now). Since coming into power, Biden made it very clear that oil and gas won’t be produced domestically and instead America is going to pay Russia for theirs.

Also worth pointing out that even with sanctions now in place, America is still buying oil and gas from Russia. Why? Because Biden knows the small amount of political support he has left is from the ultra progressive types who worship the climate change gods. If he upsets them, his ~38% approval ratings would very quickly become 28%.

Debunked.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Scomo & Recessionberg are absolute idiots for sticking their noses in this conflict. Has absolutely nothing to do with us and adds to our growing debt.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Lol come on, you haven’t outsourced your ability to think for yourself have you?

And if you’re going to outsource it, you’d want to rely on someone a little more impartial than a paper run by Bezos.

In fairness though, I’m not sure there is such a thing as an ‘independent fact checker’. They all have the exact same world view and all inevitably lean left.

It’s more than slightly coincidental that no new wars started under Trump but they did under pretty much every single US president for many decades now.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Lol come on, you haven’t outsourced your ability to think for yourself have you?

And if you’re going to outsource it, you’d want to rely on someone a little more impartial than a paper run by Bezos.

In fairness though, I’m not sure there is such a thing as an ‘independent fact checker’. They all have the exact same world view and all inevitably lean left.

It’s more than slightly coincidental that no new wars started under Trump but they did under pretty much every single US president for many decades now.
S'pose Bezos owns this too?

And U are right. The most internally disruptive President for 200 years never needed to start external wars. Too good at creating internal ones.

Seriously - a Trump fan? Didn't CVD kill those idiots off?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Trump tried to implement American energy policies through deregulation which, other than being extremely bad for the environment, was also extremely flawed as without renewables, America doesn't have the resources to keep their population going.

Biden refusing to cut off Russian oil and gas is problematic, but it is the only thing stopping a massive rise in energy costs. That's not a great foreign policy when you're trying to restrict the market of a foreign economy, but it is good for protecting your own economy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

And yet Trump still managed to drone strike more kids than Obama's 2 terms in his first 3 months.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
S'pose Bezos owns this too?

And U are right. The most internally disruptive President for 200 years never needed to start external wars. Too good at creating internal ones.

Seriously - a Trump fan? Didn't CVD kill those idiots off?
Dawg is a huge Trump fan. He spent the whole election period explaining how Biden is a corrupt politician paid for by the Ukrainian government and Trump is God and some other shit like that.

I guess you missed all that 'cause you came along too late.

The void that Rod's craziness filled... That was the void left when Dawgfather got banned.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dawg is a huge Trump fan. He spent the whole election period explaining how Biden is a corrupt politician paid for by the Ukrainian government and Trump is God and some other shit like that.

The void that Rod's craziness filled... That was the void left when Dawgfather got banned.
You can't accept the reality that Putin waited for the clown Biden to enter the arena in order to make his chess move.

Trump wasn't the boogey man that all the leftist narratives made him out to be.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
And yet Trump still managed to drone strike more kids than Obama's 2 terms in his first 3 months.
No one is perfect, including Trump. He has his faults but when all is said and done, Trump did more to end wars and pull America back from the Middle East than any other president for a very long time.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You can't accept the reality that Putin waited for the clown Biden to enter the arena in order to make his chess move.

Trump was the bogey man for anyone who didn’t like hearing harsh truths.

Most people have become accustomed to having politicians lie to them so regularly, that for many people, a soft lie is easier to digest than raw and ugly truth.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Xi is waiting to make his move also while Beijing Biden is at the wheel. Biden doesn't know what day it is.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

I actually own a MAGA baseball cap. Got a friend to get it for me when they were over on a holiday. Really cool thing to wear to shopping centres so I can chuckle at all the weird arse looks u get.

Didn't miss it. Mistress went strong for a while but then the missus found out. Suddenly had time on my hands. So I post politics on a sports web site.

Fck - my life is sadder than Melania Trump.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Nah. Putin did this purely because Ukraine were getting close to NATO membership. It also wouldn't matter if he waited for Trump to leave office because Trump was (and still is) licking Putin's arsehole every chance he gets.

Trump did one thing good. He helped the US economy more than most other presidents. And that's good. But he half arsed everything and lost the election. And some people still can't accept that. Including Trump.