Russia vs Ukraine

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting you bring up Afghanistan -

"According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahideen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise. Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention."

"The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border of Afghanistan, I wrote to President Jimmy Carter: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war."

"Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war in Afghanistan, unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire."

- Zbigniew Brzezinski
Yeah, that was entirely driven by US cold war politics. And it was smart work. They wanted to dissolve the Soviet Union and it worked.

One thing I will say about Brzezinski is that he saw the actual threats well. People asked why he focused on the Russian threat over a potential Islam threat, and he stated clearly that the Soviet Union proved an actual threat. Meanwhile Islam had over 1.5 billion followers and showed no clear threat.

We now look at the threat caused by Islamic extremism, but it's still nothing compared to the damage caused by the USSR or the US. The Arab countries unfortunately got stuck in the middle. And they are still suffering due to it.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Not their first time. Remember Afghanistan.
Think its fair play to bring up similarities in how wars start. Wars however have too many defining factors to completely generalise. Can make fair comment though about broader principles such as preparedness, broad stratagems and their effectiveness.

Afghanistan was one were I don't think the Russians were completely aware of what they were walking into to. Finland was just plain stupidity. Afghanistan I doubt short of nukes Russia was ever going to win, they should have walked through Finland.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So talk is Ukraine might now have the "firepower" to end the war lmao, has Ukraine met the splitting of certain atoms or say hydrogen nuclei becoming helium nuclei yet lol?

They should always have that at the back of their mind while using other countries "gifted" technology and talk about power lol

Is that **** zelenskyy still crying poor and needing more from everyone else? america sure do love giving away resources and etc while their own people can't afford eggs or get access to clean water while in the eu people are struggling to afford life...

I like many other people don't really care or are over ukraine just due to the hypocrisy the western world has shown to support them, while other countries/races are dying fighting with not much or have died fighting with no support or close to not much from the same said western countries.

Let's also not forget the behaviours of certain countries aligned with the west and eu from the past and that still continues to be ignored, are they going to have all their wealthy citizens assists seized and cancelled by organisation trying to be woke and relevant?

People can infer to which certain countries and races I am making references too when comparing to what's going on currently, I do not support war but I do support consistency especially if governments are going to treat one country very crap while others are doing/have done the same or helps support another doing it.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Finland just joined NATO no really sure why they were worried about a Russian invasion.
Some stuff 8 read said Putin could use nukes if he's going down in the Ukraine..

Reckon that's bollocks because he tries that on a Russia's smoked. Lots of fear stuff going on I reckon.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So talk is Ukraine might now have the "firepower" to end the war lmao, has Ukraine met the splitting of certain atoms or say hydrogen nuclei becoming helium nuclei yet lol?

They should always have that at the back of their mind while using other countries "gifted" technology and talk about power lol

Is that **** zelenskyy still crying poor and needing more from everyone else? america sure do love giving away resources and etc while their own people can't afford eggs or get access to clean water while in the eu people are struggling to afford life...

I like many other people don't really care or are over ukraine just due to the hypocrisy the western world has shown to support them, while other countries/races are dying fighting with not much or have died fighting with no support or close to not much from the same said western countries.

Let's also not forget the behaviours of certain countries aligned with the west and eu from the past and that still continues to be ignored, are they going to have all their wealthy citizens assists seized and cancelled by organisation trying to be woke and relevant?

People can infer to which certain countries and races I am making references too when comparing to what's going on currently, I do not support war but I do support consistency especially if governments are going to treat one country very crap while others are doing/have done the same or helps support another doing it.
Devil in the detail my friend.
A country of 44 million getting invaded that can lead to ww3 is different to a lot of what u are referring too

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a Ukrainian guy asking for my permission to dance with a German girl the other night because he thought she was my girlfriend?

He was asking me if I'm her boyfriend so he could have permission to make a move!
I was going to say no wonder why Putin wants to take back your land!

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the proxy war still a thing?
Yeah bro.
Putins all in at this stage and still for some reason has the support of the people.

he is brics’ing it up on the side so might get some support from the third world.

Putin can’t survive a failed war so he gets removed or wins.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
After a long wait, Ukraine finally started its counter-offensive. But a day after it started, someone blew up a major dam on the front line.

The Ukrainians have blamed the Russians, Russians have blamed Ukrainians. No one knows who did it, but the belief among most is that it was Russia. While Russian controlled areas were affected, most of the area hit is Ukrainian controlled areas. But it's believed they did it to slow the Ukrainian counter-offensive. And it worked.

The dam road was the primary route the Ukrainians could use to get to Russian controlled territory. With the road gone, Ukraine had very few routes to get through. They have also diverted much of their military to help people affected but the flooding which is currently under way. And as of about 20 minutes ago, Russia has started shelling the affected towns.

The UN has listed this as a war crime. If it was Russia, that won't mean much as Putin has already been indicted of war crimes.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah apparently the proxy war is still going..
If nuclear war ever does take place.
I either want to be sound asleep or at that precise moment travelling on a train or bus!

But I don't think nuclear war will ever happen?
Humans are all a bunch of scared little bitches!

When man gets badly wounded or loses a limb the first thing he does is turn back into a 3 year old crying for his mummy!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I either want to be sound asleep or at that precise moment travelling on a train or bus!

When man gets badly wounded or loses a limb the first thing he does is turn back into a 3 year old crying for his mummy!
I personally think nobody is that evil to use nukes UNTIL they find a way to "justify" it and get the media to push the agenda.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Nah, you just need to be near a fridge. It worked for Indiana Jones.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a long wait, Ukraine finally started its counter-offensive. But a day after it started, someone blew up a major dam on the front line.

The Ukrainians have blamed the Russians, Russians have blamed Ukrainians. No one knows who did it, but the belief among most is that it was Russia. While Russian controlled areas were affected, most of the area hit is Ukrainian controlled areas. But it's believed they did it to slow the Ukrainian counter-offensive. And it worked.

The dam road was the primary route the Ukrainians could use to get to Russian controlled territory. With the road gone, Ukraine had very few routes to get through. They have also diverted much of their military to help people affected but the flooding which is currently under way. And as of about 20 minutes ago, Russia has started shelling the affected towns.

The UN has listed this as a war crime. If it was Russia, that won't mean much as Putin has already been indicted of war crimes.
There was absolutely no benefit to the Russians to blow up the Nova Khakovka Dam

Firstly, the Russian controlled bank of the Dnieper River in Kherson Oblast is lower than the Ukrainian controlled bank of the Dnieper River in Kherson meaning that Russian controlled areas were more extensively flooded... Which means we are again being asked to believe that the Russians are bombing themselves as they did in Bucha, the Kerch Bridge, Nordstream, Donetsk City, Belgorod being attacked by anti-Putin free Russian forces, the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant shelling WHILE THE RUSSIANS CONTROLLED THE F*+#ING PLANT! etc.

Secondly, the reservoir created by the dam served Russian purposes providing freshwater to Crimea via the canal and cooling water for the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant

Thirdly, if the Russians were worried about a Ukrainian counter offensive including some sort of amphibious attack across the Dnieper in Kherson, why not blow up the dam when they pulled out of Kherson City last October? They destroyed the Antonovsky Bridge, yes? But they didn't touch the dam... Rather they pulled back to the other bank, dug in, set up minefields etc. which have now been all washed away by the water from the dam breach... Again, the Russians pull back, set up their defences, and then destroy a dam with the resulting flooding destroying those very same defence? Surely you are not this stupid

Fourthly, the Ukrainians themselves have previously struck the dam and contemplated destroying it... That was even reported in Western media outlets last year

Finally, the Ukrainian counter offensives on seven different axes are all occurring east of the Dnieper in Zaporozhye and Donetsk and thus, not dependant on any road or river crossing affected by the dam breach... And thus far, the Ukrainian counter offensives are not going well... Thankfully, for media purposes, everyone is talking about the dam breach and not the 3-4 days of carnage the Ukrainians are enduring

And since we are talking about war crimes, Brown University in the US estimated that 4.5 million people died, directly or indirectly, as a result of America's post-9/11 wars, 38 million were displaced, $8 trillion was spent etc. and surprisingly , no sanctions, no indictments, no bans, no seizures of sovereign funds etc... I guess we now know when a war crime is not a war crime --> when you speak English

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/

The dam breach was likely simply an accident after years of neglect and the costs of war (ie. shelling etc.) and worryingly, there are other infrastructure in Ukraine (eg. nuclear power plants) that may falter, too, as a result of neglect

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was absolutely no benefit to the Russians to blow up the Nova Khakovka Dam

Firstly, the Russian controlled bank of the Dnieper River in Kherson Oblast is lower than the Ukrainian controlled bank of the Dnieper River in Kherson meaning that Russian controlled areas were more extensively flooded... Which means we are again being asked to believe that the Russians are bombing themselves as they did in Bucha, the Kerch Bridge, Nordstream, Donetsk City, Belgorod being attacked by anti-Putin free Russian forces, the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant shelling WHILE THE RUSSIANS CONTROLLED THE F*+#ING PLANT! etc.

Secondly, the reservoir created by the dam served Russian purposes providing freshwater to Crimea via the canal and cooling water for the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant

Thirdly, if the Russians were worried about a Ukrainian counter offensive including some sort of amphibious attack across the Dnieper in Kherson, why not blow up the dam when they pulled out of Kherson City last October? They destroyed the Antonovsky Bridge, yes? But they didn't touch the dam... Rather they pulled back to the other bank, dug in, set up minefields etc. which have now been all washed away by the water from the dam breach... Again, the Russians pull back, set up their defences, and then destroy a dam with the resulting flooding destroying those very same defence? Surely you are not this stupid

Fourthly, the Ukrainians themselves have previously struck the dam and contemplated destroying it... That was even reported in Western media outlets last year

Finally, the Ukrainian counter offensives on seven different axes are all occurring east of the Dnieper in Zaporozhye and Donetsk and thus, not dependant on any road or river crossing affected by the dam breach... And thus far, the Ukrainian counter offensives are not going well... Thankfully, for media purposes, everyone is talking about the dam breach and not the 3-4 days of carnage the Ukrainians are enduring

And since we are talking about war crimes, Brown University in the US estimated that 4.5 million people died, directly or indirectly, as a result of America's post-9/11 wars, 38 million were displaced, $8 trillion was spent etc. and surprisingly , no sanctions, no indictments, no bans, no seizures of sovereign funds etc... I guess we now know when a war crime is not a war crime --> when you speak English

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/

The dam breach was likely simply an accident after years of neglect and the costs of war (ie. shelling etc.) and worryingly, there are other infrastructure in Ukraine (eg. nuclear power plants) that may falter, too, as a result of neglect
I always enjoy your pro-Russian, "every Western expert is lying" perspective.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah apparently the proxy war is still going..
You have concurrent economic, diplomatic and technological wars going on as well and it's never really going to finish

Worth a listen, if you are interested