RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tuck your flaps back into your pants mate ..

Give us a break from taking a morale high ground. If you think this is a recent development then you need to get your head out of the ground .. This is what the NRL have created and don’t fool yourself in thinking we’re the only club looking at swooping on Mitchell ..

The kid is frikkn superstar , he has the ability to turn and win games single handedly .. there is no price or contract term you put on a player with those abilities ,you just do what it takes

I for one am sick of this club toeing the line to the current NRL administration ... Phuk ‘em and if the rules they set allows for unaffiliated persons to contact and negotiate then I’m all for it and I doubt we’re the only ones exploiting this scenario

Typical of the roosters to release negative articles and feed this to media and putting pressure on Mitchell ...

I hope we pull this off and ruffle some feathers cause the rorting roosters and corrupt NRL have had us in the slip stream for way too long
If they've only offered $800k with his new contract negotiations, it's more likely it's the Roosters themselves who have unsettled him. Not the Dogs.

He knows his worth and sees the money a few others in the team are getting. Spine or not, he is just as valuable.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whatever we pay the Roosters will top it. Officially they'll pay him $600k, the rest will be paper bags as usual.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would love Latrell but I'd rather Munster tbh

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Paul Crawley what a flog!!! man I would love to punch that stupid smirk off his face forever.
Is he that old frail looking stick insect that has never played in his life?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit they won’t go higher, they will offer 800k maybe more
They are so corrupt along with the NRL hierarchy,not to mention most media outlets who just toe the line and keep their mouth shut if the price is right
Easts will pay what they want to make things look legitimate
The rest is going to be a nice big side salad

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tuck your flaps back into your pants mate ..

Give us a break from taking a morale high ground. If you think this is a recent development then you need to get your head out of the ground .. This is what the NRL have created and don’t fool yourself in thinking we’re the only club looking at swooping on Mitchell ..

The kid is frikkn superstar , he has the ability to turn and win games single handedly .. there is no price or contract term you put on a player with those abilities ,you just do what it takes

I for one am sick of this club toeing the line to the current NRL administration ... Phuk ‘em and if the rules they set allows for unaffiliated persons to contact and negotiate then I’m all for it and I doubt we’re the only ones exploiting this scenario

Typical of the roosters to release negative articles and feed this to media and putting pressure on Mitchell ...

I hope we pull this off and ruffle some feathers cause the rorting roosters and corrupt NRL have had us in the slip stream for way too long
Not to mention they are the sole reason our dynasty ended.. they took O’meley and Mason and because they were role models to SBW, we lost him too and the wheels fell off the kart! I hope we go hard for their marquees, ruffle feathers and show we are committed to being the juggernaut we once were!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If they've only offered $800k with his new contract negotiations, it's more likely it's the Roosters themselves who have unsettled him. Not the Dogs.

He knows his worth and sees the money a few others in the team are getting. Spine or not, he is just as valuable.
"Only 800k" lol. The Roosters aren't dumb, very rarely do they fuck up the salaries of their highest earners. Crichton is looking like a flop ATM though so maybe they've lost their touch..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s funny how this news about Latrell being mentally fragile comes out now just as he’s starting to negotiate a new deal. When in reality he had a quite game in origin and that’s it. I’m sure the news wouldn’t have come from the chooks camp with a view to lower his price a little or scare clubs off.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mostly agree, though I don't think Gordon was on reasonable dollars, he wasnt their first string FB, more of a stop gap for them.
Matterson was no one until last year and thats when he left so I think small $$s here.
Kenny-Dowall was on OK $$ and Pearce was on OK dollars but not to the tune of Teddy/Cronk/Cricton etc.
Their gains have far outweighed their losses and when you have:
Cronk - $1m
Teddy $1m
Cricton -$1m
Keary - Circa $800k
That's almost $4m of a $9.6m cap between 4 players.
That leaves $5,800,000 between the remaining 26 players ($223k per player) which includes JWH, Latrell, Aubusson, Cordner, Jake Friend, TKO, Tetevano, Radley, Tupou, Bmoz, Manu and Hall who all would have to be on more than $223,000.
I think you might be a bit over once TPA's and other outside of the cap "incentives" are removed (eg; Cronk to Harvard and $100k worth of cars each every year). Plus they were signed before the "no back ended contracts" rule, so last year, this year and next year comparisons are tricky.
Cronk $900k
Tedesco $800k (could jump to $900k next year with no Cronk)
Cricton $650k
Keary $700k
Mitchell $550k (jumps to $650k next year)
That's $3.1m this year which leaves $6.5m between 25 players or $260k average, which is doable. Especially as they would have 10 or so players on or around the minimum $105k, which leaves $360k average for the other 15 players, again not unrealistic.

From memory Gordon was only there for 1 year 2017 and was the first string fullback, he was let go and Tedsco arrived in 2018.

Go Dogs

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rooters offer to latrell: $400K on the books

(a boat, house, winnebago, $100,000 Harvey Norman gift card, plus around 800K worth of under the table paper bag deliveries)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
(a boat, house, winnebago, $100,000 Harvey Norman gift card, plus around 800K worth of under the table paper bag deliveries)
Let's imagine for a minute that you are the NRL salary cap auditor, would you sign off on a $400k contract for Mitchell knowing that we had offered $1m? A $1m that we could afford, both financially and under our cap. What excuse would be enough for you to believe that anyone in their right mind would give up $600k x 5 years = $3m? Personally I can't think of one, that's why publicising it is a good thing, the Chooks have nowhere to hide.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is typical Roosters. They pillage the best players from other teams in the league for years because they have no juniors of their own and cheat the cap with impunity because they know they won't get caught. The way they control the media is sickening. Every other player is allowed to try and earn top dollar but when Latrell does it, a smear campaign is launched and he's seen as selfish, ungrateful and emotionally unstable and therefore a massive "risk".

There is risk involved with any player, some more than others. But unlike most others, Mitchell is actually a good kid who doesn't get into trouble off the field, doesn't have the ego he easily could considering what he has achieved at such a young age and realises he has a lot left to learn and work on.

The Roosters are just pissed because for once they don't control the negotiations and risk losing one of the superstars of the league before he's near his prime. They're getting a taste of their own medicine and it's about fucking time.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's imagine for a minute that you are the NRL salary cap auditor, would you sign off on a $400k contract for Mitchell knowing that we had offered $1m? A $1m that we could afford, both financially and under our cap. What excuse would be enough for you to believe that anyone in their right mind would give up $600k x 5 years = $3m? Personally I can't think of one, that's why publicising it is a good thing, the Chooks have nowhere to hide.

Go Dogs
That means nothing. The nrl will still register the contract, or inflate the numbers because its the roosters

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Your figures seem fair enough in reality and should be close to the mark
Unfortunately my faith in the entire NRL and so called auditing process is gone
I’m not naive to know other clubs are also dishonest
These third,fourth,fifth... party payments are impossible to police
They being the big boys club have their favourites,dogs not in the club

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I love this part "Mitchell hasn’t been at his best in recent weeks and it’s understood the Bulldogs’ interest is a contributing factor"
Literally paraphrased from The Kennel, like this entire BS from Hooper that started it all.

Suddenly all his relatives have $150,000 cleaning jobs at HQ.... because theres a lot of sweeping to be done!