Rum Appreciation Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
100% dan murphys often have it. I only drink rum neat. But I only drink good rum. Lol different story if its a cocktail, but I like a good rum neat.
I got hooked on mojitos in Cancun lol

Forgot which rum but FMD they went down too easy...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I rum supplies are a little low right now, but im a massive rum fan!! I worked in a bar in France that had about 70 different rums. Every night we could taste whatever we want as a knock off. Which often turned into more. Add a few pints of strong French beer, and some darts, and the bike road home was a challenge.
These are the rums I currently have in my cabinet...

View attachment 24756View attachment 24757View attachment 24758View attachment 24759View attachment 24760View attachment 24761
Tried Ratu once but wasn't a fan of it. How's the Plantation Pineapple? Been meaning to try that.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tried Ratu once but wasn't a fan of it. How's the Plantation Pineapple? Been meaning to try that.
The signature blend is amazing. People have told me that black label one is ordinary though. Which one did you try?
Plantation is nice. Pineapple aroma, naturally, reasonably smooth and dry. Not my favourite, but I like it.
The Bumbu is amazing!! Intense banana aroma, but smooth and dry. Total contrast!
The milanario is sensational too!! Incredibly smooth.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The signature blend is amazing. People have told me that black label one is ordinary though. Which one did you try?
Plantation is nice. Pineapple aroma, naturally, reasonably smooth and dry. Not my favourite, but I like it.
The Bumbu is amazing!! Intense banana aroma, but smooth and dry. Total contrast!
The milanario is sensational too!! Incredibly smooth.
Think I tried the black label one.

Will have to try the others.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not my thing. Bourbon is too sweet for my tastes as well.

Laphroaig Triple wood or CX Cask are more to my taste. Good strong, smoky, Islay whiskies. Their 10 year old is more affordable, but Talisker 10 year old, from the Isle of Skye, is a touch smoother in taste for the same price. Both are considered top whiskies by the experts.

(Islay is pronounced "Eye-la") Laphroaig is pronounced pretty much how it's spelled -"laffroig" - and "ye dinna have anythin' in yer whusky but whusky".

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not my thing. Bourbon is too sweet for my tastes as well.

Laphroaig Triple wood or CX Cask are more to my taste. Good strong, smoky, Islay whiskies. Their 10 year old is more affordable, but Talisker 10 year old, from the Isle of Skye, is a touch smoother in taste for the same price. Both are considered top whiskies by the experts.

(Islay is pronounced "Eye-la") Laphroaig is pronounced pretty much how it's spelled -"laffroig" - and "ye dinna have anythin' in yer whusky but whusky".
Wrong thread. Hahaha