Rugby league dynasties: Canterbury Bulldogs

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We tried that before with Super League, and it split the game. Pay walked out on us to go to the Eels.
My stating a breakaway similar to SL was not what I meant, I was implying if the NRL keep up their form the game will further deteriorate, to a level where a new comp could start on a small scale with the backing of an alternative network.
Actually I believe that if one of the other Networks were willing to have a go at it, a new Comp could start next year on a small scale with newly created teams, coronavirus permitting of course. There are plenty of fringe players who would be willing to have ago.
To quote former Opposition Leader Bill Hayden "a drovers dog" could run a Comp better than the NRL.
BTW I find C Cup games and girls games just as entertaining as most NRL games.

mountain_dog

Waterboy
Reaction score

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
My stating a breakaway similar to SL was not what I meant, I was implying if the NRL keep up their form the game will further deteriorate, to a level where a new comp could start on a small scale with the backing of an alternative network.
Actually I believe that if one of the other Networks were willing to have a go at it, a new Comp could start next year on a small scale with newly created teams, coronavirus permitting of course. There are plenty of fringe players who would be willing to have ago.
To quote former Opposition Leader Bill Hayden "a drovers dog" could run a Comp better than the NRL.
BTW I find C Cup games and girls games just as entertaining as most NRL games.
I agree that the game needs a total overhaul, but it takes money- and you'd only likely get a Clive Palmer type of investor who would be in it for as long as he could get something for his tax haven accounts, then walk out. The legal challenges, and the big established money from Ch.9 and Fox would tie the competition up for years.

Malla

Reaction score
Don't wanna go off topic, but 2002-2014 should have been another dynasty for us.

I can think of 3 premierships we should have won in those years plus a few more where we were in the GF or a win away.