Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesnt have to score tries to have a big influence ay. Its his energy and smart plays, and he takes on the line and commits defenders before passing. Burton is also starting to look better, more on the ball at 7 than he was at 6.

Soon we will have KO starting and Reynolds off the bench (or visa versa) regularly at 6, at least this year. Not sure if Reynolds goes another year or not.
I could have sworn after the first Averillo try in the first half that JR and KO were in the halves and Burton was.... just used for 5ty tackle kick....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti’s defence today was so much improved. Kid is learning and will only get better
He and Casey did a good job in stopping Suli who I thought would be key to any Dragons victory.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hunt did his best coward impression today as well.

He dived on the kick pressure which was not late and clutched his leg on the 2 point field goal trying to get a penalty for contact. Embarrassing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m still not happy about our -79 against but hopefully we improve on that in coming weeks
Yeah -79 is terrible but hopefully we can improve on it.

Points for and against will be crucial.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was at the game, thought we didn't play particularly well but grinded out the result nonetheless. Way too many basic errors that completely kill our momentum could have killed us, luckily our defence held on.

Still a lot to work on but very positive signs nonetheless

Oloapu had a very solid debut too imo

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was at the game, thought we didn't play particularly well but grinded out the result nonetheless. Way too many basic errors that completely kill our momentum could have killed us, luckily our defence held on.

Still a lot to work on but very positive signs nonetheless

Oloapu had a very solid debut too imo
Yes these bad handling errors need to be fixed. Bombed a few tries.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunt did his best coward impression today as well.

He dived on the kick pressure which was not late and clutched his leg on the 2 point field goal trying to get a penalty for contact. Embarrassing.
He then claimed he copped a cork below the knee in the post match interview which was even more embarrassing [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he can limit his penalties and dropped ball he’s a decent player
Needs consistency
Yeah agree.

I think he has improved his discipline and now that he has got alot of the dumb plays out of his game is a solid first grader. Not saying he would be in my top 17 if everyone was fit but is a good experienced hard nosed player to have in the squad on the right $$, that you know will do the job if called upon