Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm was just wondering. Probably not... but could we see montoya out and olive in??? Even possilbly mbye moved and olive in with hoppa going to fullback..

Its really going to be a suprise to see the final line-up...
More likely would be Monty out, Hoppa to wing and Olive to centre.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate that it's come to a point with this team (much like last year), where a loss is expected.

I'd give us 20% chance of a win tonight.

If we escape <6 loss = very lucky.
If we escape 6-12 loss = expected.
If we escape 12+ = disappointed but not completely unexpected.

Then we'll hear the same rubbish from the coach.

I'm sure I'm not the only fan with zero confidence in our team ever winning a game. Gone are those days.
mccullough is a big in for them, if they were missing him, mcguire and gillett, i would actually give us like 3-4/10 chance

but his recovery has me struggling to see where we can possibly get on top tbh, 20% is probably to high.

can see pangai being huge against us, tho jacko in the middle may actually help there. better one on one defender against the big boys then he is on the edge

re priest, i see him as a lock type player, not big enough to be one of your 2 props really but can be that third middle for a spell,, defs not an edge guy he is obviously gonna play mostly prop tonight. he'll probably be ok but i don't think he is someone we'd want to be a long term bench player if this jackson to lock move is permanent

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the positive I do have Brisbane last leg of a four figure multi including 5 horse races which won yesterday lol

The negative is I’d rather lose and see us do something

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You aren’t entitled to that sort of information you pleb. Me me me me, you don’t deserve that kind of top secret information. You have to earn it
How? How do you earn the right to know info about the team you support mentally and financially? Lol if that’s not enough then they can suck it

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How? How do you earn the right to know info about the team you support mentally and financially? Lol if that’s not enough then they can suck it
You got to join the bulldogs Illuminati, it’s invite only.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate that it's come to a point with this team (much like last year), where a loss is expected.

I'd give us 20% chance of a win tonight.

If we escape <6 loss = very lucky.
If we escape 6-12 loss = expected.
If we escape 12+ = disappointed but not completely unexpected.

Then we'll hear the same rubbish from the coach.

I'm sure I'm not the only fan with zero confidence in our team ever winning a game. Gone are those days.
The sad reality about the whole scenario is the majority of the players don't give a hoot,
Years ago Canterbury competed and won grand finals with lesser players, the deference was they gave all from the heart and played with pride in the jersey they were wearing.
Those days are long gone, it's the age of paychecks and BETTING AGENCIES

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Idea: play hoppa at fullback when we are in opposition 20 and have mybe at centre then swap back everywhere else on the field... That way you get hoppas good passing and get Mybe early ball he is harder to contain.. then Mybe still gets to run the ball back of a kick

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the positive I do have Brisbane last leg of a four figure multi including 5 horse races which won yesterday lol

The negative is I’d rather lose and see us do something
Throw some cash on the dogs to win to ensure you win something at least. Will make the game easier to watch lol

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idea: play hoppa at fullback when we are in opposition 20 and have mybe at centre then swap back everywhere else on the field... That way you get hoppas good passing and get Mybe early ball he is harder to contain.. then Mybe still gets to run the ball back of a kick
Good idea but right now mbye needs less responsibilities and complexity. He needs to learn to inject himself not rely on make shift solutions especially if we see him as the long term full back.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they did that against panthers in our first game against them and mybe scored twice out wide.
Don't know why they didn't persist with it

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Was thinking martin to start, Jackson to lock toomaga bench, if martin can't handle the pace ie fitness, sub on toomaga to lock and Jackson pushes back wide, eases both new guys in

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mole reporting frawley to play hooker not JMK. Surely not?! Happy to be proven wrong just cant see frawley as a 9. I guess he bas the body of cam
Smith just not the footy smarts. If Woolford was fit i wonder if he would get a run

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
didnt any1 see the Dean Pay interview on 360 last night where they asked him about Lichaa being named but not even in Brisbane with them
What was his answer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pay has already said in late mail "we have a number of options at hooker". Be afraid, be very afraid.

I'm already prepared for a long night and ugly loss. If Roberts and Issako are on we are in for 50.

Dogs best chance is to hit McCullough really hard ball and all around the elbow. Try to aggrevate the injury forcing Nikorima into the #9 jersey early. That said Broncos will roll our lazy forwards, and their speed on the edges will murder us.

Hoppa and Montoya are in for a long night.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay has already said in late mail "we have a number of options at hooker". Be afraid, be very afraid.

I'm already prepared for a long night and ugly loss. If Roberts and Issako are on we are in for 50.

Dogs best chance is to hit McCullough really hard ball and all around the elbow. Try to aggrevate the injury forcing Nikorima into the #9 jersey early. That said Broncos will roll our lazy forwards, and their speed on the edges will murder us.

Hoppa and Montoya are in for a long night.
Queit depressing isnt it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Montoya is a big liability, on that side!!
If pay can drop lichaa then it’s time he drops him as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mole reporting frawley to play hooker not JMK. Surely not?! Happy to be proven wrong just cant see frawley as a 9. I guess he bas the body of cam
Smith just not the footy smarts. If Woolford was fit i wonder if he would get a run
There's no way Frawley is going to play hooker, it will be JMK. Brown would have been calles up if it was a straight swap, no way Pay is that messed up..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think Frawls has a lot more tricks up his sleeve than what we've seen.. his highlight package from his Raiders days suggest so.. I've always thought he has played too conservative with us.. I want to see him asking a lot more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.