Official Round 9 Bulldogs V Dragons - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney would appear to have been disappointing. However he had little chance to show anything with Cotric inside him.
Cotric doesn't appear to be able to pass the damn ball to anyone. I think he and Allen would be a better combo.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney would appear to have been disappointing. However he had little chance to show anything with Cotric inside him.
Cotric doesn't appear to be able to pass the damn ball to anyone. I think he and Allen would be a better combo.
He hasn’t played alongside Cotric for 4 weeks

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So now you're blaming Cotric because Meaney is reserve grade standard. The Meaney lovers like yourself need to accept things and move on.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha the old you don't watch footy comment, always strengthens the argument. Honestly anyone who says Meaney has been given a fair go at fullback is lying.

1. Our teams has been shit for years, he doesn't have a good pack or spine to work with
2. Everyone says he's to small, however you can clearly see he's added quality mass to his frame over the last 2 seasons.
3. Everyone says he gets man handled, not the case anymore, infact in most games he's been our best dummy half runner and often gets our quicker play the balls as he can strategically find the ground faster the most.
4. He's safe and reliable under the high ball
5. When he was moved to the wing intially for Hoppa (biggest mistake ever) he didn't sulk like fucking DWZ did when he form was trash. He had a crack under trying circumstances and did his best for the team.

To say he isn't FG standard is bullshit, there is a great player in there who needs quality coaching and support. Sadly our club hasn't been the best place for him as they have fucked him around for years.
Guarantee if he started his career in Melbourne's system or some other top tier side someone here would have made a thread about signing him at some point...

Fact is we suck at development and havent given the kid a fair go... Perfect example is Dylan Edwards, he looked shit seasons ago, but look at him now. Sometimes better systems and showing belief/ confidence in kids from is what's needed to get that improvement...
I've been having this argument with these numb nuts forever and have written posts exactly like yours in other threads
I think Meaney has the making of a great player, he makes few mistakes and gives 110% every game and I agree with your post completely and don't forget his a pretty handy goal kicker as well and can handle a number of positions in the team in fact I'm wondering with his speed and footwork how he would fair in the halves position couldn't be any worse than Flanningan

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been having this argument with these numb nuts forever and have written posts exactly like yours in other threads
I think Meaney has the making of a great player, he makes few mistakes and gives 110% every game and I agree with your post completely and don't forget his a pretty handy goal kicker as well and can handle a number of positions in the team in fact I'm wondering with his speed and footwork how he would fair in the halves position couldn't be any worse than Flanningan
I like Meaney and agree he can be a good player.

But he is off contract and there are 16 clubs out there who are not seeing what you are seeing.

The same applies to all of our other off contract players. It would actually be refreshing to see one of our players linked to another club

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Meaney is shite on the wing - but mainly because he never sees the ball in attack. Dallin is safe as houses at the back, keep him there
Except when he has one of those days when he can't catch a ball.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy to go on the record to state that if we don’t RE-sign Meaney another NRL club will. Also, I don’t even think he was bad against the Eels given the circumstances. There was much worse and he was the only one there scooping up balls from dummy half on any half break we made. Meaney is a kid and a good kid at that.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m happy to go on the record to state that if we don’t RE-sign Meaney another NRL club will. Also, I don’t even think he was bad against the Eels given the circumstances. There was much worse and he was the only one there scooping up balls from dummy half on any half break we made. Meaney is a kid and a good kid at that.
And if he does sign with someone else.... so what?

What it means is that it gives an opportunity for someone else to have a go that could be so much better and its not hard to find someone better than Meaney.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And if he does sign with someone else.... so what?

What it means is that it gives an opportunity for someone else to have a go that could be so much better and its not hard to find someone better than Meaney.
Well people are saying he won’t be signed to another NRL team, (implying he’s not NRL squad worthy) I beg to differ. Just like people said Lichaa would play origin and get picked up by another NRL team and I strongly disagreed. Just a mere opinion/chime in on the argument. I will also like to add- Meaney on a reasonably cheap contract is the least of our worries.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind the change to put DWZ back at fullback as he offers far more impact than Meaney there..

I know Baz is limited with who he can bring in right now but surely Renouf has earned a start, or Ava at least. Something has to change after how poor the team was in the first half. They better come out firing...

Smith missed a tonne of tackles on the edge. It's a shame Topine can't play til round 11 if Deitz plays as he'd be a far better starting option.
I think he’s trying to shop Napa around and starting in the NRL makes him a better prospect otherwise on the bench or reggies spirals his stock. I couldn’t think of any other reason, Atoni has been really good and consistent for us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he’s trying to shop Napa around and starting in the NRL makes him a better prospect otherwise on the bench or reggies spirals his stock. I couldn’t think of any other reason, Atoni has been really good and consistent for us.
As long as Renouf gets re-signed, I'll be happy. He's a good bench prop who is slowly getting better and still has a lot of upside.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Meaney is shite on the wing - but mainly because he never sees the ball in attack. Dallin is safe as houses at the back, keep him there
LOL - it is amazing how SHITE wingers can be when all they have to do is stay near the sideline knitting sweaters for the homeless.
DWZ is much stronger from the back but one single attribute is not what the Dogs need atm.
I honestly cannot understand the Dogs over the past few years.
Your roster is better than half the teams in the comp but you play with NO real commitment or leadership
Dogs "should" bring home a win in this game.
Lomax missing from St Gorge is a massive boost for you.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well people are saying he won’t be signed to another NRL team, (implying he’s not NRL squad worthy) I beg to differ. Just like people said Lichaa would play origin and get picked up by another NRL team and I strongly disagreed. Just a mere opinion/chime in on the argument. I will also like to add- Meaney on a reasonably cheap contract is the least of our worries.
If we sign a rockstar fullback then I wouldn't mind him as a backup but same time we already have DWZ ans Avo who can do that.

But to have him play Nsw cup is a wasted opportunity for some young junior to get a shot and show their talents.
We already have a few backup Fullbacks

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably why Ricky had him where there was nobody he needed to pass to!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - it is amazing how SHITE wingers can be when all they have to do is stay near the sideline knitting sweaters for the homeless.
DWZ is much stronger from the back but one single attribute is not what the Dogs need atm.
I honestly cannot understand the Dogs over the past few years.
Your roster is better than half the teams in the comp but you play with NO real commitment or leadership
Dogs "should" bring home a win in this game.
Lomax missing from St Gorge is a massive boost for you.
Your roster is better than half the teams in the comp but you play with NO real commitment or leadership YOU LOST ME HERE YOU ARE FAIR DINKUM KIDDING RIGHT?