Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hate speech is not team building, nor fair or warranted. The rotation of 6 and 7 was all about engaging Burton to own the team, and take the unreasonable pressure off Flanagan.
Hope the switch has the desired effect.
Im sorry what unreasonable pressure off Flano are you talking about?
He has basically been a passenger sinse coming back into first grade and now he needs the pressure taken off?
Absolutely mindblowing.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was making a comment on a forum, fam....not writing an academic paper - hence no citations required.... but if you'll read through the comments, you'll see I did end up providing try assist stats to support my comment (I didn't have time to go find them all, and considering Flano not laying on try assists seems to be this forum's major gripe. I thought those stats were the best to support my argument.

In case you are too lazy to read through the posts, Flano - 6 try assists from 4 games in 2022; KO 4 assists from 7 games so far in 2023.
Its true Kylies Stats were better then what KO had produced in cup after similar games but also Flanno was a 3rd year NRL player going back to cup not a young high school player who moved interstate and just started playing against men.

What is clear though is that 24 year old Flanno can’t compete at NrL level and we are yet to see if 18 year old KO can.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon tomorrow at 5.30, when the list is updated, we'll see Avo, Hoffman and Hughes drop out; Skelton will move to wing outside Alamoti, Burns will takes Avo's centre spot. Then we'll have KO and Topine as the extras, ready for 4.30 Saturday, when Flanno is dropped from the side.
CC has confirmed that Flannagan will play 6 alongside burton.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just put 50 on sharks head to head Mulitalo 2 or more tries, Mulitalo any time try scorer and first try after 8 minutes easy $450 ill ever make
Just lost $50.
We will probably concede a try in the first 3 minutes

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan is such a passenger. Like ffs what does he offer ? No try assists for 2023.. that is a joke surely

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Its true Kylies Stats were better then what KO had produced in cup after similar games but also Flanno was a 3rd year NRL player going back to cup not a young high school player who moved interstate and just started playing against men.

What is clear though is that 24 year old Flanno can’t compete at NrL level and we are yet to see if 18 year old KO can.
He's the most NRL ready halfback we have. That's just the reality of the situation. I mean what could possibly make people think Oloapu is ready to do the job when he has 4 try assists from 7 NSW Cup games? People are just so hell-bent on wanting Flano out of the side they are willing to avoid basic logic at all costs.

PS surely you can do better than Kylie when it comes to derogatory insults. That is some pre-school level crapola.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's the most NRL ready halfback we have. That's just the reality of the situation. I mean what could possibly make people think Oloapu is ready to do the job when he has 4 try assists from 7 NSW Cup games? People are just so hell-bent on wanting Flano out of the side they are willing to avoid basic logic at all costs.

PS surely you can do better than Kylie when it comes to derogatory insults. That is some pre-school level crapola.
Why can’t someone use logic to see that the most NRL ready half in your words is not providing anything?
The club has other options and they should use them when someone is not up to the task which Kylie isn’t.

ps I could use ‘the crab’ or the watergun in reference to Kyle but Siri used Kylie and I’m fine with that instead of correcting them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In a press conference mate.

Isaac got one right. He has turned the corner ….
CC might of "confirmed" it to shut the media up.

I'll wait till Saturday 430pm for confirmation.

All I can say is if KO makes the 17, Flamingo will be the one making way for him.

Last edited:

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

KO has actually scored some tries