Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just seen the latest training pics

What’s the point playing Averillo when he will re aggravate his injury after 5 mins

Oloapu was running opposed with the reserves

I rate Ciro as a coach but constantly picking Flanno who doesn’t deserve it is fkd up

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What’s the point playing Averillo when he will re aggravate his injury after 5 mins

I rate Ciro as a coach but constantly picking Flanno who doesn’t deserve it is fkd up
Yeah Averillo makes no sense. Give him a few weeks off to recover. Noticed Sutton in the grey jerseys also, thought he was named on the bench?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah Averillo makes no sense. Give him a few weeks off to recover. Noticed Sutton in the grey jerseys also, thought he was named on the bench?
Exactly …we are long odds to win this weekend so may as well give Jake more time to get right

Skelton is fresh and ready just play him

Karl Oloapu must be cover for Grub (injury cloud)

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would you rather him sit on the sideline during training because he's on the bench?(Sutton) Lol!!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you rather him sit on the sideline during training because he's on the bench?(Sutton) Lol!!
Nah I just observed during training the top 17 generally wear the blue training jersey from last year. Reserves wear the grey jerseys. So I found it interesting he was wearing that if he’s names in the top 17. Maybe dropping off late for someone?

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Crazy. Questionable for a backline without any X factor, not sure what CC is waiting for.
Yes I’m not sure about this decision. Both averillo and burns coming in with obvious issues. Burns wasn’t 100% tonight at training but they are still going that way. Hope it pays off and doesn’t bite us during the game.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes I’m not sure about this decision. Both averillo and burns coming in with obvious issues. Burns wasn’t 100% tonight at training but they are still going that way. Hope it pays off and doesn’t bite us during the game.
Defintely a weird one... I also wouldn't be surprised if its a smokescreen but I dont think CC likes those games.

Like you said though risking another backline meltdown, why would you do it?

Been a while since i watched the boys run around... Still upbeat?

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Defintely a weird one... I also wouldn't be surprised if its a smokescreen but I dont think CC likes those games.

Like you said though risking another backline meltdown, why would you do it?

Been a while since i watched the boys run around... Still upbeat?
It would be a pretty elaborate smokescreen considering what I’ve heard. ‍♂
I think it could only change now if one of them gets worse between now and warm up, but unlikely.

I haven’t been to training for a little bit, but was business as usual the last time all positive.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Logic would have KO for Reynolds. CC is only giving Reynolds a maximum of 20 minutes, that's all he can last. He can get some limited minutes exposure similar to Reynolds.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Avo has prepatellar bursitis. Very painful, he has proven he can’t play through the pain so shouldn’t be picked. He’s gonna be hobbling all game and will be a massive liability.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if Flannagan and Burton both play six we can handle it because we have been playing without a 7 for 3yrs now anyway
I don't tink that we have been playing without a half for 3 years, because the team has actually been playing with a millstone around its neck foe 3 years now.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Burton roaming across the field more?

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was making a comment on a forum, fam....not writing an academic paper - hence no citations required.... but if you'll read through the comments, you'll see I did end up providing try assist stats to support my comment (I didn't have time to go find them all, and considering Flano not laying on try assists seems to be this forum's major gripe. I thought those stats were the best to support my argument.

In case you are too lazy to read through the posts, Flano - 6 try assists from 4 games in 2022; KO 4 assists from 7 games so far in 2023.
I admire your relentless and tireless quest to support and fight for Kyle Flanagan’s cause for months and years on end against an avalanche of criticism, some might even say hate. My fear for you “fam” is when KF’s contract ends this year and moves on to another club or SL what will become of you? You will lose your identity, you will become a nobody, maybe you will follow Flanagan and join another forum but one thing is for sure. When KF is no longer at this club this forum will lose one of its most prolific posters and TK will be a different place without you.