Official Round 7 - Dogs vs Cowboys - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Pay has a infatuation with Lichaa. Why not start him. Play him for 20. Get his shitness out of the way. Then chuck JMK on. Allow him to run out of dummy half. If we get an injury in the forwards Lichaa can play lock. I just wish he would drop him already.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay has been playing lichaa and smith roughly 20 minutes each, thats a combined 40 minutes from 2 first grade players on a team already lacking in the forwards. Our bench rotation is fucking shit and Pay is a fuckwit

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay has been playing lichaa and smith roughly 20 minutes each, thats a combined 40 minutes from 2 first grade players on a team already lacking in the forwards. Our bench rotation is fucking shit and Pay is a fuckwit
Around 40 minutes for 2 bench players is pretty much ideal, as you want your top players in those positions playing ~60 minutes each, as long as they have the energy of course. Obviously each match is different and adapting to the actualities is essential, plus there are in game injuries to be considered.

Looking at it another way, what's the alternative, play Lichaa even more, I don't think so.

Go Dogs

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa is a mind game selection.
Teams see his injection in the game as a window of opportunity.
If he doesn't come on, we win :grinning:

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Around 40 minutes for 2 bench players is pretty much ideal, as you want your top players in those positions playing ~60 minutes each, as long as they have the energy of course. Obviously each match is different and adapting to the actualities is essential, plus there are in game injuries to be considered.

Looking at it another way, what's the alternative, play Lichaa even more, I don't think so.

Go Dogs
20 minutes for one player maybe, not 2. especially not when we have a weakened forward pack through injury and our forwards were already one of the smallest packs in the comp. Show me one other team in the NRL that has two bench players regularly playing 20 minutes or less a game because chris smith is averaging somewhere around 18 and lichaa is at about 22

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
20 minutes for one player maybe, not 2. especially not when we have a weakened forward pack through injury and our forwards were already one of the smallest packs in the comp. Show me one other team in the NRL that has two bench players regularly playing 20 minutes or less a game because chris smith is averaging somewhere around 18 and lichaa is at about 22
Too easy, Sipley from Manly averages 21, Collins at the Chooks averages 23 etc. If we ignore starting minutes then Reigler, Fotuaika, Grant, Roache etc all have less off the bench minutes. FWIW Lichaa's average is 27 minutes, including the 1 game he started and Smith's average is 25 minutes (ie; 4 games @ 25, 16, 28, and 30 minutes). Koroisau @ 48 averages less minutes (is that desirable?) than JMK @ 53, so whoever fills in for him plays more minutes than Lichaa (is that desirable?).

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too easy, Sipley from Manly averages 21, Collins at the Chooks averages 23 etc. If we ignore starting minutes then Reigler, Fotuaika, Grant, Roache etc all have less off the bench minutes. FWIW Lichaa's average is 27 minutes, including the 1 game he started and Smith's average is 25 minutes (ie; 4 games @ 25, 16, 28, and 30 minutes). Koroisau @ 48 averages less minutes (is that desirable?) than JMK @ 53, so whoever fills in for him plays more minutes than Lichaa (is that desirable?).

Go Dogs
Comparing us to teams where the starting players are rep guns is insanity. We do not have anyone on the field who needs to play 65 minutes because they are “good”

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best part of Lichaas game is his defence. If he gets picked, wouldnt it be better to start with him and put JMK on the bench?
JMK offers more and would do better coming on fresh against tired players.
It would be better if the spud was in reserve grade...Lichaa starting makes me want to vomit

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Comparing us to teams where the starting players are rep guns is insanity. We do not have anyone on the field who needs to play 65 minutes because they are “good”
Personally I think Napa is "good", so is Jackson, CHN is week by week convincing me that he is "good" and Toleman as always is "good". That's 4 out of 6, leaving the 2 that we rotate because they aren't that "good". BTW Ripley is from Manly and they only have 3 forwards that I would consider "good", so less than us. Grant at Penrith, Fotuaika at the Titans, Roache at the Warriors, they're all going well, or maybe not.

My point, supported by the above examples, is that we are no different to many other teams in our bench rotation.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think it's an issue around minutes, the issue is more so that we have a hooker, 2 backrowers and a single prop on the bench. Like the the fuck? Bench is fucked from the beginning.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think it's an issue around minutes, the issue is more so that we have a hooker, 2 backrowers and a single prop on the bench. Like the the fuck? Bench is fucked from the beginning.
hes had ample opportunity to fix this, its obvious he wont or doesnt know how... so in the end it will be one of the big factors that ends up getting him sacked.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
hes had ample opportunity to fix this, its obvious he wont or doesnt know how... so in the end it will be one of the big factors that ends up getting him sacked.
Really wish To'omaga didn't cop an injury during pre season, really needed him to have a big one and come good. Skillset is massive and brings things to the team that none of our other middles bring. Also think RFM should've be converted to a prop. Has great leg drive and will offer us something different through the middle instead of more of the same.

ATM everything is too similar through the middle, Ogden is really the only one that is a little different and it's becoming more obvious with each and every run he takes. The rest of our middles are stuck in the same gear while Ogden has a gear of his own.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really wish To'omaga didn't cop an injury during pre season, really needed him to have a big one and come good. Skillset is massive and brings things to the team that none of our other middles bring. Also think RFM should've be converted to a prop. Has great leg drive and will offer us something different through the middle instead of more of the same.

ATM everything is too similar through the middle, Ogden is really the only one that is a little different and it's becoming more obvious with each and every run he takes. The rest of our middles are stuck in the same gear while Ogden has a gear of his own.
I’ve been thinking RFM should be a prop of the bench for us but at the moment he keeps getting injured which is a bummer.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been following Nu Browns form since he has come back from injury but seriously can we do any worse? A stint in first grade might be what he needs to get some confidence and form. It's not like we are changing a winning formula here. I'd have him in instead of Lichaa.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't been following Nu Browns form since he has come back from injury but seriously can we do any worse? A stint in first grade might be what he needs to get some confidence and form. It's not like we are changing a winning formula here. I'd have him in instead of Lichaa.
He’s done nothing but he’s been playing a couple of game at halfback which hasn’t helped. It’s funny Brown has been on Pays shit list for not training well last year while Lichaa has been ruining games and not had any consequences.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so one is playing shit and the other is playing shitter. I'd still take the shit player.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep sticking up for pay and really like the guy but fmd this obsession with lichaa is not a joke anymore. We need another prop on the bench and if you don’t feel that way pay just slap Nu brown. Give him a crack and see how things go.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa not named in Canterbury Cup and the line up suggests no changes to NRL. Actually looking again Renouf isn’t named so he might be playing NRL.
I don't Believe it, I'm Gob smacked Fucking Lichaa is on the bench again! Yep, now I say bring in Phil Gould he'll get rid of Lichaa once & for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.