Official Round 7 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Discussion Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously where the fuck are we when we make a linebreak? Zero support
One of the first things I was taught by my coach when I was playing footy, especially when I was playing at fullback. The amount of tries I scored just by hanging around the back of the forwards and them getting a sneaky pass back inside to then run through the middle gap they created.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we say "get rid of the dead wood" I am advocating stumping the fucking tree

1. Hoppa - Retain - 1st grader in anyone's books
2. Smith - Retain - junior (needs to get rid of errors)
3. Holland - Punt - too inconsistent to play 1st grade
4. Averillo - Retain - junior
5. DWZ - Punt - At best a winger but wants FB money - rocks and diamonds player sadly.
6. Foran - Punt - Just let this guy go PLEASE - he spends too much time on the sideline
7. Wakeham - Retain - junior - Defense is looking to be a real issue
8. Toomaga - Retain - Has the talent...just needs an actual ball player to deliver the right balls
9. JMK - Retain - bench only
10. Napa - Punt - Why did we buy this dumb fuck in the 1st place
11. Jackson - Retain - Not a 2nd rower anymore....revert to lock as he doesn't tackle break anymore
12. RFM - Punt - Another Des buy that has no football instinct at all & never makes line breaks...butchered a try tonight
13. Ellliott - Retain - bench only
14. Cogger - Punt - Average
15. Britt - Punt - Doesn't line break, drops balls and misses tackles
16. Sue - Punt - Another try hard plod that cant line break & has no football instinct
17. Ogden - Punt- Been given enough chances
18. Katoa - Punt - Shit recruitment in the 1st place. Literally a replica of lichaa.
19 Lewis - Punt - He is a small lock and we already have a lock
20 Meaney - Punt - fast but too small for height and weight and doesn't tackle break
21 Tolman - Retain - bench only

Of the 21 players mentioned above in our 30 man squad only 9 would be retained and 3 of those are bench players. Sort of tells you how bad I think our roster is.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW HE WORKED UNDER BELLAMY, WOOOOOW .FICKINF DUMB c***
Im not sure (saying it politely) if you are a slow learner and still learning the basic reading and writing skills, but i copied and pasted your message into google to try and de-code it and it still couldnt assist. FICKINF DUMB c star star star confused google and suggested a few educational facilites as options.

I dont think you're a slow learner i just think you eat lots and have fat fingers?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fozzy first kick for Remis to score looked good, up until that point it was a grind for both teams, then the tigers scored, ran away with it, an it was all over, seems to be a lot of false hope, followed by the same old disappointment..!!! Never has this club been in such bad shape.. and I’m going to say it, as bad as it was with DESBALL, it was never this bad.!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When we say "get rid of the dead wood" I am advocating stumping the fucking tree

5. DWZ - Punt - At best a winger but wants FB money - rocks and diamonds player sadly.
6. Foran - Punt - Just let this guy go PLEASE - he spends too much time on the sideline
8. Toomaga - Retain - Has the talent...just needs an actual ball player to deliver the right balls
11. Jackson - Retain - Not a 2nd rower anymore....revert to lock as he doesn't tackle break anymore
12. RFM - Punt - Another Des buy that has no football instinct at all & never makes line breaks...butchered a try tonight
16. Sue - Punt - Another try hard plod that cant line break & has no football instinct
18. Katoa - Punt - Shit recruitment in the 1st place. Literally a replica of lichaa.
20 Meaney - Punt - fast but too small for height and weight and doesn't tackle break

Of the 21 players mentioned above in our 30 man squad only 9 would be retained and 3 of those are bench players. Sort of tells you how bad I think our roster is.
I'd retain Averillo only and the board, coach and everyone else can go line up at centrelink.

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the Pay apologists come out after this one. Even with Hopoate out, the Tigers on paper are not a 7 tries to 1 better team than us. You can say Holland, Wakeham, etc had poor games and they did, but if you look at us as a unit in terms of cohesiveness, fitness, structure in attack and defense it's pretty damning. Damning of whatever so-called pre season we had and our preparation in the lead up to games. It's not like this is a new team and these guys haven't played together before. I laughed when someone earlier in the thread was talking about how much better Elliott looks than the rest of the team because he was training by himself but it's actually true.

And we're relying on an English prop forward to be our saviour who by all accounts is another really strong workman like forward. Scary times for the club and the board have a lot of work to do to get us out if it.
I cant see Thompson making any difference either might be home sick cone christmas

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im not sure (saying it politely) if you are a slow learner and still learning the basic reading and writing skills, but i copied and pasted your message into google to try and de-code it and it still couldnt assist. FICKINF DUMB c star star star confused google and suggested a few educational facilites as options.

I dont think you're a slow learner i just think you eat lots and have fat fingers?
Cool.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Fozzy first kick for Remis to score looked good, up until that point it was a grind for both teams, then the tigers scored, ran away with it, an it was all over, seems to be a lot of false hope, followed by the same old disappointment..!!! Never has this club been in such bad shape.. and I’m going to say it, as bad as it was with DESBALL, it was never this bad.!!
At least Des got us into two GF’s in five years. Pays done nothing

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No support play is one of the main signs of poor coaching
Low morale. Heads down. Not coaches fault. It was the same coach who won 7 games at the back end of last year. The same coach who beat St George a few weeks ago. The team slection this week on paper looked as strong as we could possibly field...then Hopa goes down and everyone gets reshuffled and played out of position. My biggest issue was:

1. Wakeham is not the answer to partner Foran
2. Forans involvement has been non existent since he's been back
3. Holland should not be anywhere near a wing
4. Every team has an attacking hooker except us.
5. None of our backs except Meany and Hopa can catch a ball

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Retain jmk
Hahaha stopped reading after that

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another very sad day for our club, and the light at the end of the tunnel is not getting any brighter.
The one thing that will hurt us more that most other teams for next year and beyond is no CCup and under 20's games this year. Young players develop best by playing football not watching it. We have many who would benefit by been on the field.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they get rid of Pay and show us they are trying then the respect will come. But if they just keep sitting on their hands, it’s ignorance.!!! Give us something.!!

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
We need some steely aggressive fuckers who hate being tackled...Nick Cotric would be a good start...then Bateman.