Official Round 7 - Bulldog v Eel - Team List + Match Discussion

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I’m CC I’m bringing in Davey

He has the size, attitude and experience to handle the physicality that Parra will bring - they will definitely be looking to out muscle us this weekend.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I’m CC I’m bringing in Davey

He has the size, attitude and experience to handle the physicality that Parra will bring - they will definitely be looking to out muscle us this weekend.
after seeing him play round 1 I disagree.

I would play Mariner on an edge and bring hughes back in. We need a big body

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Golden opportunity for TPJ to sack up and prove he’s a match winner and not just another Big,Talented waste of space. This game against the Eels will be career defining for TPJ IMO.
Career defining with no match fitness after a soft tissue injury? People are expecting way too much from him from his first game back even though I havent been a fan of how he’s played at all so far

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone think Okunbor is a chance for a starting second row position? Preston on the left and ok on the right

I wouldn’t be surprised.

don’t think it will happen but equally wouldn’t be against it if it happens.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone think Okunbor is a chance for a starting second row position? Preston on the left and ok on the right

I wouldn’t be surprised.

Won't start but wouldn't be surprised if he plays 50 on the edge off the bench with RFM pushing into the middle rotation.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we lose to Parra I will have no choice but to bring out the Rob Schneider meme

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RFM is better suited as a middle but he's also our next best option at 2nd row. Waddell is decent at the moment in the middle but he's always been horrible in the 2nd row.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I wouldn’t be surprised.

If he was to play second row, you definitely play his next to Flanno so the gun can help him defensively.
Chucking Okunbur next to Burton would be throwing the game tbh.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although Dogs can't field their strongest forward pack, it's a capable pack.

I'm curious to see which teams halves pairings competes more successfully. Also interesting to see how the bench works for the Bulldogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Career defining with no match fitness after a soft tissue injury? People are expecting way too much from him from his first game back even though I havent been a fan of how he’s played at all so far
I get your point, but he has been given an extended period to make sure the calf is "Right" if he comes back and tears it again straight away then he's cooked and he's not worth the money we are paying for him, and its also true that he will be down on match fitness, but he doesn't need tp play 80 mins to win us this match, He can be a game breaker in two hi impact 20 min sets, and if he doesn't have the intestinal or mental fortitude to push himself through 40 mins of football after the rest of the kids in that pack have carried him for the first six rounds of the season, he can fuck right off IMO.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm talking about edge 2nd rowers. Outside of Preston and Kikau, RFM is the next best option.
I don’t agree. I think like Waddell RFM should only play as a middle both get found out in defence.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell 4/10 as a middle (being generous), 1/10 as an edge (not playable).
Waddell is someone I wanted to never see play first grade again coming into this season. When he has played as a middle this year though he has actually been good.