Status
Not open for further replies.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Id rather try meth than watch it again tbh
It's just interesting to rewatch and try to figure out what other people are seeing and not seeing and how myths become self perpetuating because of what they see/don't see.

- Mbye puts a grubber in under heavy pressure and the ball goes dead with Bmoz a meter off the pace
- Frawley puts in a grubber in under less pressure and the ball goes dead with Bmoz half a meter off the pace

- Reynolds makes an error off a Lee offload (hard catch above the head)
- Mbye makes an error off a Frawley hospital pass with defence all but on him

- Mbye makes a 60m run that leads to a try
- Reynolds puts Montoya into space to make a 40m run

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just interesting to rewatch and try to figure out what other people are seeing and not seeing and how myths become self perpetuating because of what they see/don't see.

- Mbye puts a grubber in under heavy pressure and the ball goes dead with Bmoz a meter off the pace
- Frawley puts in a grubber in under less pressure and the ball goes dead with Bmoz half a meter off the pace

You forgot Frawleys solo try and his pass to Morris to score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yh i get you, just no point in worrying about it. No one is going to change another persons opinion on TK lol.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Not an expert like most of the guys here
but i couldnt see any change in the way we play ( minus a few minutes when Frawley was on )

Reynolds is still running sideways , with nothing different to offer.
Josh Morris has to be the slowest centre in the game
Aidan Tolman - Enough said
Brett morris - everytime he picks the ball - it feels like he is going to get injured
We have the slowest backline in the comp + Lichaa

Look at teams like Roosters
Gordon-Tupou-Mitchell-Fergo-SKD + Good hooker = points

Canberra
Rapana-BJ-Crocker-wrighton-forgot + Hodgeson = points

Penrith
Moylan-blake-peachey-DWZ-Whare + Wallace = Points

i think we need young blood + Speed to start scoring points + getting rid of morris boys will free up alot of cash as well

Last year Roosters were shopping around Tupou who has speed and Skill - and wouldnt come too expensive as they are trying to offload him - think thats where we should start

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fat dog almost cost us a certain try. Bet ya if that was his cheese burger he dropped he would've dived the fat lazy prick.

What happen to all that weight he lost looks like the old Sam to me.
Yep, its only round 6 and Sam's already back to being Sam the Fat Man, and its not because he's so big he has to carry that weight.

Pretty soon he will be too unfit to handle any number of minutes on the field with him turning over possession, being penalised and carrying injuries, the same as in previous seasons. its his 27th birthday on the 20 September, so if he can't come good now and stay that way it will be too late for him to play the football he's capable of. And that will be a sad waste of one of the best forwards the Bulldogs could have had.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawleys 40m try was before Mbyes break :D
Yep, but the point of my post wasn't an 80 minute breakdown but a comparison on a few similar instances - 1 often received criticism while the other was ignored or praised

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, but the point of my post wasn't an 80 minute breakdown but a comparison on a few similar instances - 1 often received criticism while the other was ignored or praised
Its much easier to notice the mistakes of players who often make mistakes because you're always looking for it. Kinda like when you buy a new car and you all of a sudden start noticing your model everywhere.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its much easier to notice the mistakes of players who often make mistakes because you're always looking for it. Kinda like when you buy a new car and you all of a sudden start noticing your model everywhere.
Who would you say is more renowned for errors, Mbye or Reynolds?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Not an expert like most of the guys here
but i couldnt see any change in the way we play ( minus a few minutes when Frawley was on )

Reynolds is still running sideways , with nothing different to offer.
Josh Morris has to be the slowest centre in the game
Aidan Tolman - Enough said
Brett morris - everytime he picks the ball - it feels like he is going to get injured
We have the slowest backline in the comp + Lichaa

Look at teams like Roosters
Gordon-Tupou-Mitchell-Fergo-SKD + Good hooker = points

Canberra
Rapana-BJ-Crocker-wrighton-forgot + Hodgeson = points

Penrith
Moylan-blake-peachey-DWZ-Whare + Wallace = Points

i think we need young blood + Speed to start scoring points + getting rid of morris boys will free up alot of cash as well

Last year Roosters were shopping around Tupou who has speed and Skill - and wouldnt come too expensive as they are trying to offload him - think thats where we should start
First of all, you did watch the game right???? Did you not see montoyas massive break? Or mbyes big break? Both have speed to burn. As for the morris boys, they have set such hight standards in the past that if they dont do something incredible people say theyre shit. And tolman, are you serious mate??? He was one of our best today. Played 80 mins due to klemmer only being able to make it through 33 mins, ran for 137m and made 51 tackles without a single miss!!! What more do you want??!!! He has offered a lot more this year as he also seems to be playing a linking role between dymmy half and the right edge. He was awesome today. Also you realise frawlet played more then a few mins right? He played close to 60. And reynolds running sideways set up at least one try today. He just needs one of our backrowers or centres to run a good line for him to pass to.
Regarding roosters, SKD has so many mistakes in his game i would never want him in our jersey. Toupou was shit last year!!! He has played pretty well this year though.
Raiders have a very balanced team, but so what. Good for them.
and the panthers, well we all know they have some awesome talent coming through and deserve to be one of the comp favourites, yet they are two points behind us after their fourth loss of the year.
So basically i disagree with almost every point your trying to make. ESPECIALLY ABOUT TOLMAN. You are entitled to your opinion though.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flamebouyant
without any offence i disagree with most of the things you've mentioned as well

Morris Brother did set high standards in the past
So did El Mazri and Sam Perret but there is a reason they are not playing today i.e. age got better of them and they slowed down exactly as these two

You tell me when was the last time you saw Josh Morris Ran 100 metres to score a try ? thats a feature a centre must have - speed

For a number 6 to have one try assist as per your comment in 80th minute - maybe acceptable for a bottom 4 team not bulldogs i pay to watch
For a number 6 - putting a Floating bomb , Banana kick , having a good long kick should be mandatory - josh reynolds has got none
When was the last time you saw an opposition team dropped the ball from a dogs kicker because it was floating ?

As for Tolman - does a bends the line ?
yes he is a good defender but defence is not our problem
We need forwards like klemmer - Kasiano - RFM who can bend the line and throw and offload
Tolman joggs to the line and no offload - he can play 100 minutes if he wants

To improve the attack we need aggression and thats missing

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only got home in 35th minute and turned on telly... So am taking credit for both tries...
Nobody fucking move a muscle or change seats...
@CroydonDog esp. you after ur efforts ducking out for chicken with the cricket...
It's ok. I had bought a pork combo pack from Sunnybank earlier.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the good stats from last night (from nrlstats.com):

Graham - 20 runs, 172m, 43 tackles
Kasiano - 14 runs, 139m
Tolman - 54 tackles

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who would you say is more renowned for errors, Mbye or Reynolds?

I would ask the question in a different way.

who is more valuable to dogs and has proven more valuable over the years.

Mbye or Reynolds?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You wot??????

You may as well thank mbye for frawley then

If mbye never gets suspended, des is never FORCED to use frawley, who's performance last week makes frawley undropppbale from the 17
So I guess the basic wail for this year is that if we lose it's because Des has NFI and if we win it is because Des was forced into doing something he didn't want to do. I don't get it. There is only one person in world that knows what Des is planning and that is Des. Who knows who he is or was planning to use on any given night? Buggered if I do. He has shown a lot of faith in players who have worked hard for him. Even Mbye has at least one MOTM this season and he has only played 5 games. Why wouldn't he be in the team? Des could quite easily have dropped Frawley back to the reggies and used RFM but he didn't and it worked out for us. Next week who knows, but if Des is the reason why we lose then he has to be the reason why we win when we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.