Round 6 - Dogs vs Knights - Team List and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So I guess the basic wail for this year is that if we lose it's because Des has NFI and if we win it is because Des was forced into doing something he didn't want to do. I don't get it. There is only one person in world that knows what Des is planning and that is Des. Who knows who he is or was planning to use on any given night? Buggered if I do. He has shown a lot of faith in players who have worked hard for him. Even Mbye has at least one MOTM this season and he has only played 5 games. Why wouldn't he be in the team? Des could quite easily have dropped Frawley back to the reggies and used RFM but he didn't and it worked out for us. Next week who knows, but if Des is the reason why we lose then he has to be the reason why we win when we do.
Frawley just got interviewed as well and said he expected to come in the 50th or 60th minute if not for abbey getting injured.

That 50th/60th minute mark hasler would have told him before the game

We've all been complaining about our halves

Last seasons end the media started jumping on the bandwagon about our halves

This season media has been highlighting our SHIT kicking game

Vs Brisbane haslers hands are forced and he has to start frawley. Frawley has a great debut

Now the question is why the fuck is frawley dropped? Even if it is just to the bench

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley just got interviewed as well and said he expected to come in the 50th or 60th minute if not for abbey getting injured.

That 50th/60th minute mark hasler would have told him before the game

We've all been complaining about our halves

Last seasons end the media started jumping on the bandwagon about our halves

This season media has been highlighting our SHIT kicking game

Vs Brisbane haslers hands are forced and he has to start frawley. Frawley has a great debut

Now the question is why the fuck is frawley dropped? Even if it is just to the bench[/QUOTE

I read that earlier and he said something like 50th, 60th OR WHATEVER DES WANTED. He also said he didn't know what his role was. Does that mean he wasn't at training all week? No. He is just saying that he is happy to be in the FG team and will do whatever is necessary to cement a bench spot. What Des wanted was what Des got and we won and everyone is now saying Des only got the win because of others bad luck. I'm not saying Frawley hasn't made a big difference but I am getting sick of all the Des hate that just keeps coming even when we bloody well win. All the missed kicks were tough and so not beyond comprehension why they were missed but still you would like to think we might get a couple of them and then the score would have been a blow out. Where are all the 5/19's now?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I read that earlier and he said something like 50th, 60th OR WHATEVER DES WANTED. He also said he didn't know what his role was. Does that mean he wasn't at training all week? No. He is just saying that he is happy to be in the FG team and will do whatever is necessary to cement a bench spot. What Des wanted was what Des got and we won and everyone is now saying Des only got the win because of others bad luck. I'm not saying Frawley hasn't made a big difference but I am getting sick of all the Des hate that just keeps coming even when we bloody well win. All the missed kicks were tough and so not beyond comprehension why they were missed but still you would like to think we might get a couple of them and then the score would have been a blow out. Where are all the 5/19's now?
I wasn't one of the 5 out of 19s, in fact I called that out straight away.

We've been crying out for a kicking game and both mbye and Reynolds have not provided that in any way, shape or form this season and last.

In fact last season was so bad that we our tactic was to get tackled on the 5th.

We give so much advantage away with not having a kicking game.

Last week a solution presents itself to des, Because not only could frawley kick but he could play too and what does des do? He sticks to his guns and doesn't use the solution that's right in front of him

Mate it took the board TELLING des to drop Tony Williams for Williams to FINALLY get benched.

So if des is copping this criticism, it's because of past form

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn't one of the 5 out of 19s, in fact I called that out straight away.

We've been crying out for a kicking game and both mbye and Reynolds have not provided that in any way, shape or form this season and last.

In fact last season was so bad that we our tactic was to get tackled on the 5th.

We give so much advantage away with not having a kicking game.

Last week a solution presents itself to des, Because not only could frawley kick but he could play too and what does des do? He sticks to his guns and doesn't use the solution that's right in front of him

Mate it took the board TELLING des to drop Tony Williams for Williams to FINALLY get benched.

So if des is copping this criticism, it's because of past form
Agree. Our kicking game has been almost non-existent until Frawley came along. Not questioning the merit of the kid being in the side at all. I'd be happy for him to start - no question. The problem is the even when we win everyone is hammering Des (not that he even reads it) and taking the position that anything good happens in spite of him and everything bad that happens is due to him. I think it is time to take a step back and see how it all unfolds. I don't care that we speculate on what might or might not happen but if everything starts from a position of smashing Des it just gets boring. As for Trex in another post I pointed out that he only played 57/80 possible games for us and he played less in 2015 than in 2016 when he was supposedly benched. So either he kept getting told to bench him or it was BS and Des did what he thought was the right thing. All of that aside, how many playing in the reggies were there that would have done a better job than him? Even now we can't agree on DF and AE and they would have been next in line last year. All good to dump someone but you still need 17 in the team.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree. Our kicking game has been almost non-existent until Frawley came along. Not questioning the merit of the kid being in the side at all. I'd be happy for him to start - no question. The problem is the even when we win everyone is hammering Des (not that he even reads it) and taking the position that anything good happens in spite of him and everything bad that happens is due to him. I think it is time to take a step back and see how it all unfolds. I don't care that we speculate on what might or might not happen but if everything starts from a position of smashing Des it just gets boring. As for Trex in another post I pointed out that he only played 57/80 possible games for us and he played less in 2015 than in 2016 when he was supposedly benched. So either he kept getting told to bench him or it was BS and Des did what he thought was the right thing. All of that aside, how many playing in the reggies were there that would have done a better job than him? Even now we can't agree on DF and AE and they would have been next in line last year. All good to dump someone but you still need 17 in the team.
Tony Williams tore his pec in 2015, that's why he missed so many games.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over the black away jersey, bring back the blue 'dinner suit' away top.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly thought we played fairly well. The Knights aren't easybeats by any stretch this year and the score flattered them in the end. Obviously not a perfect outing by the team but not that bad either. My biggest concern by far is out goal kicking situation. Looks like it might cost us a few close games this season and will really fuck around with our for and against.

By the way, I was one of Tolmans biggest critics but I think he has looked good this year. He's actually learned to pass and doesn't seem to be getting in the way as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.