Official Round 6 Bulldogs V Cowboys - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah put Atoni at 13 and Thommo at prop where he has played his best games.

Barrett is doing my head in now lol....I maybe off the jizz train. Maybe.
I don't understand why Napa is starting. What confuses me the most is that when Renouf started against Souths he had a somewhat decent game yet had his minutes slashed last week and is again on the bench. Surely we need to start with out best 13?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People complaining about Baz's selections have to understand we have nobody else to replace them with. We have no/horrible depth

It's unlikely Topine can play 80 minutes so we need another hooker. JMK is injured and Deitz is not in the top 30 so we have to pick him. I would start Topine instead of Kotoa

I dont know what the fuck is up with Napa though. Surely Stimson could take his spot. Hopefully we're picking him because we're trying to offload him and we need him to be in the 17 to make it an easier sell.

Hoppa and Kotoa are trash and shouldn't be in the 17 but with Meaney and Oko injured and Schoup not eligible to be picked yet, we literally have nobody else to pick so we're stuck with them.

Yes they ALL deserve to be dropped but who can we replace them with. Clearly if TK can see these players are shit then Baz can see it too. I'm sure Baz hates seeing them in the 17 as much as we do but we have no choice as we're stuck with these duds until at least Rd 11. If Hoppa is still in the 17 in Rd 11 I'll be having a ful blown meltdown

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a flying start this week! I am sick of watching the boys trying to play catchups every week after only 20 mins on. Thompson and Herrington starting props (Thompson was awesome against storms) and Atoni at lock. He played well there against Souths. Ogden and C Smith on bench. Napa to Mounties or under 12s! Topine to start at 9. The kid plays his heart out! He may just inspire some of the sloths on the field!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hate Thompson at lock, I think he struggled there last year and was twice as effective at prop.
there is hardly any difference, prop take the shit hits ups then thompson takes 2nd or 3rd tackle, he is not wasted then

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People complaining about Baz's selections have to understand we have nobody else to replace them with. We have no/horrible depth

It's unlikely Topine can play 80 minutes so we need another hooker. JMK is injured and Deitz is not in the top 30 so we have to pick him. I would start Topine instead of Kotoa

I dont know what the fuck is up with Napa though. Surely Stimson could take his spot. Hopefully we're picking him because we're trying to offload him and we need him to be in the 17 to make it an easier sell.

Hoppa and Kotoa are trash and shouldn't be in the 17 but with Meaney and Oko injured and Schoup not eligible to be picked yet, we literally have nobody else to pick so we're stuck with them.

Yes they ALL deserve to be dropped but who can we replace them with. Clearly if TK can see these players are shit then Baz can see it too. I'm sure Baz hates seeing them in the 17 as much as we do but we have no choice as we're stuck with these duds until at least Rd 11. If Hoppa is still in the 17 in Rd 11 I'll be having a ful blown meltdown
Worst thing is that Hoppa, usually one of our more solid players last year, has played his worst footy in the past 5 games. Just when we need a guy with his experience to step up

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is Thompson not captain after last week? Hoppa being made captain is a slap in the face (pardon the pun Baz) to the fans. Someone who hasn't put in effort and been a turnstyle all season is captaining the club when he's lucky to be in FG.

Sorry, I've preached patience with Baz but he's shooting himself in the foot and holding the team back by showing such faith in players who are so blatantly disrespecting the jersey.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
there is hardly any difference, prop take the shit hits ups then thompson takes 2nd or 3rd tackle, he is not wasted then
The lock is the link between the halves. Thompson doesn't need to be passing at all unless it's a short ball to another forward. He's good at getting quick play the balls. Last year he wasn't involved as much because of this and we're going to miss his metres gained because we don't have another forward good at making metres. I think you want Thompson taking the "shit" hit ups. I'd much prefer Atoni or Smith at lock.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the break Jackson needs. Sounds cruel, but something had to give. He needs a recharge. Hopefully he comes back with more hunger and desire.
Totally agree... he needs the year off lol.. No point in paying a guy 650k when our window finally opens and he is burnt out.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand why Napa is starting. What confuses me the most is that when Renouf started against Souths he had a somewhat decent game yet had his minutes slashed last week and is again on the bench. Surely we need to start with out best 13?
Nah, better to keep trying the same plodders who leaked 52 points smh.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s exactly the problem we will still be in our own 20 metres. We have zero go forward. And then flanno will be kicking from our 30 metre line straight to Holmes

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

For me, it's doesn't matter who he puts in. The year Is gone, this lot that he is persisting with have gone three games without scoring and leaking plenty, then score three tries and leaked even more lol.

Hoppa, Napa, Katoa aren't going to be here next year we can all agree on that,.so put in anyone. It can't get much worse than it is already.

Rewarding these clowns with a game week in week out is an absolute slap in the fans faces, especially Napa.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It will amaze me if Hoppa gets dropped this year, and it would not surprise me if he got an extension.

Personally do not rate Stimson at all, has the lateral movement of a tram and tires quickly, even off the bench.

Napa seems to do a job off the bench, at least enough to get through this year. Ogden and Atoni seem to have dropped way off from trials, not sure what is up there.

Grab John Morris as an assistant, with his first job to bring over Rudolf, Will Kennedy and one or two others off contract (Talakai?).

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I couldn't believe myself last week. My son and I were cheering because we SCORED. Carrying on like we won the GF.

No team that leaks 50 plus points should keep the same squad except for injury, point blank period. If it was a one off, Allgood let them try and redeem themselves. But these goofs had just gone three games without a point and defense like under 12s lol.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proven science of stupidity is to use the same players and expect a better result to win,katoa ,Napa,first two I would drop,we are delaying our junior development,if they are in top 30 can’t we use them

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the break Jackson needs. Sounds cruel, but something had to give. He needs a recharge. Hopefully he comes back with more hunger and desire.
He was taken off at 60 min mark on the weekend ans now the calf injury. Maybe they are just giving him a rest as they see he is buggered.