Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like the way Ciraldo has been mixing up the half, back rower, centre, wing depending on the situation. More than once JAC played inside Kikau who had Burton outside of him with Alamoti on the wing. Did the same on the RHS, with Kiraz inside Preston and Averillo on the wing. Makes it a farkin nightmare for the opposition to line up against in defence. Numbers on the back mean even less than normal when they play that mix and match structure.

Always a Bulldog
preston and kicks also defending in the middle also and not on there edge. Assume only for the heat on the weekend.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mitch Barnet is out as well.

With Egan out, Johnston won't be able to get those nice crisp passes wide of the ruck which allows him to get on the outside of defenders.

Burton better bomb that young Warriors fb if Klokstad isn't back.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
TPJ fittest hes ever been, misses first 8 rounds , thats so annoying. Our pack is so light, Pele will add some size and go forward alongside king but the rest could get bullied by AFB and their pack
They were light yesterday but keeping the ball alive worked great, Ciraldo is off to a great start and has it sussed, the Warriors are big as usual so get the little guys sidestepping.
When is TPJ back?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way they will beat us is how we pull up after yesterdays game. Wouldn’t suprise me if we’re a bit flat. However warriors could also be flat after playing in Townsville. 50/50.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I know is that we cannot take any team lightly and start playing 80 Min football. Like I said, we are at 60 mins at best.
Its not like they decide to play for 60 mins. The team is building slowly, and playing the style of football we have been playing the past 2 weeks is the goal for 80 mins. This will take time to achieve, but will make us very hard to beat when we do. Trust the process and enjoy the ride. We got this.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Its not like they decide to play for 60 mins. The team is building slowly, and playing the style of football we have been playing the past 2 weeks is the goal for 80 mins. This will take time to achieve, but will make us very hard to beat when we do. Trust the process and enjoy the ride. We got this.
Yeah 100% bro I'm not demanding it from them right now, but if we still are a 60 Min team by round 10, then we are in trouble.

PS this season, we only see 60 Min teams or 20 Min teams.

Nobody is close to being an 80 Min team yet, but when they do, we need to as well.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah we are 2-1 and seeing signs of improvement and good rugby we havent seen in years, yes we played a horrible 20 minutes yesterday but even for the first 60 we werent out of second gear and was still 26-6 up, in previous years, we d have been 30 points down. This team will get more confident after every win and has quality in it big time, on paper we can certainly beat the warriors, positive signs for us so far.
We bombed 2, possibly even 3 tries, so should have been much further ahead. Tigers scored 3 tries in about 5 mins, so it was only a bad 5-10 mins really.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we definitely need to work more on our fitness and bench rotation but I reckon this played a part in making the end game fade out even worse, for sure. What I would love to see is how many metres each team's players ran without the ball. When you compare the number of support runners and the urgency in both attack and defence between Dogs and Tigers in the first 60 minutes, we outran them by a country mile. Same as in previous weeks, the Tigers were slow and unenthused, which probably worked to their advantage. We played high intensity footy in 35 degree heat and ran ourselves ragged. By the time a fresh half came on for them, we were gassed.
Exactly. I dont think its a lack of fitness, more a case of us playing really high intensity football, and running ourselves ragged before then game finishes. Once we get the balance right and get some of our big boys back, we will be fine.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah 100% bro I'm not demanding it from them right now, but if we still are a 60 Min team by round 10, then we are in trouble.

PS this season, we only see 60 Min teams or 20 Min teams.

Nobody is close to being an 80 Min team yet, but when they do, we need to as well.
Stop worrying and trust that we wont be. Im expecting 80 min performances very soon. Hard when we are missing half of our engine room.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like the way Ciraldo has been mixing up the half, back rower, centre, wing depending on the situation. More than once JAC played inside Kikau who had Burton outside of him with Alamoti on the wing. Did the same on the RHS, with Kiraz inside Preston and Averillo on the wing. Makes it a farkin nightmare for the opposition to line up against in defence. Numbers on the back mean even less than normal when they play that mix and match structure.

Always a Bulldog
We did that a lot last year too though after Potter took over. Addo Carr was at centre quite often in our own half in attack, which gave him more touches and led to more breaks.. Seems to be a Potter idea that Ciraldo has kept... Which in itself is good coaching, to be able to keep what works and scrap what doesn't and to let your assistants have input...