10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. RFM
14. Topine
15. Waddell
16. TPJ
17. Pele

If all these players are available. Averillo needs to work on defence. Flannagan offers too little in attack. Topine in for Brown only if Waddell, TPJ and Pele are available. If TPJ is out the Brown back to 14, Topine out and find another big middle forward or play Morrin.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors have the wood on us but I like our chances next week. Say what you want, the reality is we haven’t handled the heat vs Manly and today. And vs Storm we looked our best.

I guess it shows that when fatigue is a major factor, we struggle. I’ve already checked the forecast for Auckland lol, and it’s looking like much more favourable conditions.

Hopefully Pele is ready to go and if T is back even better.
About 15 degrees or something plus probably windy as fuck

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Pehram
2. Addo Carr
3. Alamoti
4. Kiraz
5. Casey
6. Burton
7. Oloapu
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. RFM
14. Topine
15. Waddell
16. TPJ
17. Pele

If all these players are available. Averillo needs to work on defence. Flannagan offers too little in attack. Topine in for Brown only if Waddell, TPJ and Pele are available. If TPJ is out the Brown back to 14, Topine out and find another big middle forward or play Morrin.
You really think CC is going to change the lineup after a 2-1 start to the season?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s the word on Max King?

If he’s out we are absolutely fried, already tough enough to win as it is

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he just looked really slow. defence was average as well. not my favourite
2 of the tries was his lack of urgency covering inside
Either doesn’t have the vision, cardio or skill to notice urgency to close the middle

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Our defence was great except for the last 15 mins. I think we will win on the back of defence and won’t have the heat to contend with. Ciraldo knows what wins footy games.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were light yesterday but keeping the ball alive worked great, Ciraldo is off to a great start and has it sussed, the Warriors are big as usual so get the little guys sidestepping.
When is TPJ back?
Yeah, they ll need to be tough in the middle for next week! Could be where the games won and lost, TPJ back next week ive read!

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We bombed 2, possibly even 3 tries, so should have been much further ahead. Tigers scored 3 tries in about 5 mins, so it was only a bad 5-10 mins really.
Yeah I agree, if we d have completed better first half the game would have been out of sight, last 10 was real poor but we still won and CC will be into them about that last 10 this week I bet. We win this week and ill be made up cause it ll be a tough one

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs by 4. Gus on 100% footy said we are missing 5 middle forwards of our top 30. That's why Okky is being groomed as a forward. It's also the reason why Okky needs some game time as a middle to acclimatise to the position. The pressure and expectations we are putting on King and Sutton is wearing them out.
Gus and TPJ also said yes back probably by Round 8 because he has a recurring troublesome calf injury that we knew he had when he first came to us. Hes currently doing special rehab on it with a Sharks guru. Gus said the Club is trying to solve his calf issues so when he comes back he won't be injuring it again.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This will be a very tough game. Warrior have been our bogey team for a few years now and it's in New Zealand which won't help. Warrior plays so much better at home and they're in really good form - beating Cowboy away is a massive result. If we can win a game like this I think we can start to aim a little higher this year.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rewatched the tries and a few moments from the tigers gotta say we looked gassed and missing players in the middle makes you a bit disjointed especially in the latter stages of games. Huge momentum shift from that 3 metre foward pass though and some dog shit officiating. Averillos defense is also soft see that getting exploited and perhaps targeted this season.

Think we will get better and better as the season progresses and fitness levels rise even though conditions were poor theres definitely still questions fitness wise. Warriors will be a tight game thinking we either loose by two tries or win by two will come down to whoever takes there chances Burton has to take some control carrying flannagan is outright a liability it stands out even more now that we’ve improved. Going dogs by 10, less handling errors and a win of the back of good defense.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It wont happen but for this game I wish we name this team:

01. Hayze Perham
02. Jeral Skelton
03. Jacob Kiraz
04. Paul Alamoti
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Matt Burton
07. Kyle Flanagan
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

14. Fa'amanu Brown
15. Jackson Topine
16. Corey Waddell
17. Franklin Pele

18. Jake Averillo

Want to replace Flanagan also but didn't want to make too many changes to the right edge at the same time for defensive purposes.
Couldn’t agree more on Averillo being left out his a liability defensively and Skelton deserves a shot anyways just afraid it’s going to take us leaking a few tries down that side for Ciraldo to make that change but time will tell.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
and kicks also defending in the middle also and not on there edge. Assume only for the heat on the weekend.
I’m glad someone else noticed it, Ciraldo is pretty clever, he knows we are short on props and stiffening up the middle is a smart tactic. Plus in those conditions it was doubly effective.

Always a Bulldog

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a good point. But that issue could have been solved with having Josh on the bench. Jr to half, burton to centre etc in the case you argued

Josh should have been on bench and tigers game is perfect example. He would have came on with very fresh legs, seniority and major experience in dealing with that sort of pressure and he would have led the young boys around and tigers wouldn't have had a chance to come back late like they did
While I agree that you can always move a few players around to get some experience in those positions but each change introduces combination challenges. Just saying being able to bring one person in to be able to handle 6 diff positions on the field is something worth considering.

I find CC is a pretty smart bloke and tends to think a few moves ahead.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs by 4. Gus on 100% footy said we are missing 5 middle forwards of our top 30. That's why Okky is being groomed as a forward. It's also the reason why Okky needs some game time as a middle to acclimatise to the position. The pressure and expectations we are putting on King and Sutton is wearing them out.
Gus and TPJ also said yes back probably by Round 8 because he has a recurring troublesome calf injury that we knew he had when he first came to us. Hes currently doing special rehab on it with a Sharks guru. Gus said the Club is trying to solve his calf issues so when he comes back he won't be injuring it again.
Send him to that guy in the US maybe?