Official Round 4 v Storm Match Discussion

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2019. We lead 12-0 and ended up losing 18-16. Missed a goal in the last minute to draw. Our backline that game on paper was terrible.

Meaney
Okunbor
Holland
Hopoate
Smith
Cogger
Lewis
If we can almost beat them with that then surely we are in with a chance now LoL

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It comes from having eyes and being able to tell he plays better on the wing. Probably played a quarter of his games off the wing.
Yeah because you are more knowledgeable than all his previous coaches ‍♂

I did say “most” of his games were played at centre, so I’m not sure what the quarter games at wing is of relevance… three quarters is more than one quarter FYI

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can almost beat them with that then surely we are in with a chance now LoL
Defensively is the only way we can be competitive in this game. However like I have previously said, how long can we keep the emotional commitment up in defence up..?

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the fox has been lucky on several occasions coming in off his wing this year, Saab should have scored also.
No doubt storm will exploit this, so he better be on his game

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent is such an idiot....playing a gun middle at 12, and a back rower in Thompson at starting prop, moving our best centre to the wing so Schoupp can play when he has two better options to play outside Burns in Naden and Okunbor. He's obviously Hell bend on making the Naden/ JAC partnership work....only problem is, so far it has looked like complete garbage..
Thanks for suggesting that Thompson should be played on the edge, it is what I've been saying since he first came to the club.
Playing Thompson on the edge makes a million times more sence than playing you at 7.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Harry Grant back & Big Nelson escapes with an unexplainable non suspension....... No Team Favouritism to look at here.

WE GOT THIS!!!
How the fuck do you escape suspension after a deliberate swinging arm to the back of someones head???

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sad thing is most of us aren't coaches just love our footy and we see it but yet tbaz don't it's not that fucking hard to see .
I think it comes down to pride. Signed as a centre cause Baz remembers he was ok in that position 3 years ago. Baz comes across as very stubborn and unwilling to change.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as TBaz says?
Its not that simple. Melbourne’s defence is brilliant because they all play for each other but they also have solid structure and patterns. We just slide but at the moment have been motivated to play for each other, but without structure and reward with points scored and wins, it won’t last.

PS As long as TBaz says? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Naden has played most of his career games in the centres, unsure where this wing talk comes from
Yes but last 2 years was a winger and excelled in that position. He doesn't offer an offload or passing game. And his timing in attack is poor. Perhaps it will come back to him but by then JAC will be jack of it.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its not that simple. Melbourne’s defence is brilliant because they all play for each other but they also have solid structure and patterns. We just slide but at the moment have been motivated to play for each other, but without structure and reward with points scored and wins, it won’t last.

PS As long as TBaz says? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Would be nice if we had a paps, grant, munster, hughes..........

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but last 2 years was a winger and excelled in that position. He doesn't offer an offload or passing game. And his timing in attack is poor. Perhaps it will come back to him but by then JAC will be jack of it.
Agree with what you’re saying but in this team he’s best suited to centre. Schoupp has defensive issues as we saw on the weekend and Averillo is also a turnstile in the centres, so there really is no one else at the moment

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah because you are more knowledgeable than all his previous coaches ‍♂

I did say “most” of his games were played at centre, so I’m not sure what the quarter games at wing is of relevance… three quarters is more than one quarter FYI
[/QUOT
Yes and he was better there. His games at centre consist of him ignoring his outside man and gunning it alone with the very rare flick pass, some bad reads and scoring a stack of tries off grubbers. Winger all day.